My Harley riding friend giving me a hard time

Pride and prejudice...some of humankinds motivation for living. :poke: It's a lot nicer to walk among those who are motivated by honor and appreciation...something you get to experience a lot among the family of HdOrg-sters!!! :thumbsup: Thanks to all for being a good family! :beerchug:

My only real problem with HD riders is the lack of safety in the little to no amount of safety gear worn. I was at a garage party last night at a good friends house. He's 100% HD but thinks my turbo Bus is crazy cool. His other friends on the other hand give me that "Look" when they talk bikes to me.
Here's the scenario last night... Sparky(Young guy, doesn't drink, good kid) was giving rides on a softail to some of the women there. That's not the problem, problem was most of these women didn't have a clue about motorcycles. They would slap a skidlid on them and leave it at that. When I mentioned that the women should ATLEAST have some gloves on, they looked at me like WTF? Then I got the whole "Were not doing 180mph"
I started to say that death or road rash has no speed limit, but I held my tongue. They wouldn't of got it.

Last edited:
We all feel like we have the greatest bike on the road and a lotta people have been drawn to the Busa as well as Harley as a fashion statement. I may one day ride a Harley when I get old and want to hold up traffic. Right now I will just keep pissing off traffic by blowing by them when they are stuck behind a group of Harley's:thumbsup:

I own both and the ignorance flows in both direction for the most part. Folks should ride what they enjoy and buy what they like. (period)

here's the deal. every one encluding harley owners know they suck. its about trying to be a bad a$$ at any cost. they say they ride for the fredom but then they all wear a uniform like so scruffy nazi brigade! lol you know the one, uncomfortable black jacket, chaps , dodo rag. and can never give you a reason to buy a harley.just f#CK CROTCH ROCKET. those kind off poeple are to weak to be themselves. you cant fix stupid weak minds, just blow them away :moon:

Now you wanna start clasifying people because of what they ride. Carry yourself down to Mrytle Beach, S.C. during black bike week & look at one of those 400 pound in a thong hanging off the back of a sport bike. You would want to burn every sport bike made:laugh:

And as far as riding for freedom, most Vets ride Harleys. That is the reason you have the FREEDOM to speak your mind, now.

Freedom isnt free-1.jpg

Freedom isnt free.jpg

I went to out local dealership this weekend with a buddy and rode a harley nightster. pretty neat bike it had the screaming eagle package or whatever but the sound it put out was nice and it rode fairly good. They wanted to trade me title for title but i couldnt see that happening. I liked it but there was a huge lack of power but then again its not built for it

That's great, Don...a truck and trailer being held up by bikes...priceless :lol:

We better start talking about how great Hardleys are. Don't want to wake up all the image-only riders and have them start buying Busas. It would raise the price a bunch.

Wait, used parts would get cheaper, after they made the mistake of snapping open the throttle in 1st gear during their ride out of the dealership. Ignore 1st paragraph.

:poke: HD's no problem. But do you wave at the vespa's. :rofl: Coming at you some of them look like Busa's??? Oh! the agony.

Easy guys. I have a Busa and a Hawg and I LOVE both of them. They just have different niches. I ride my Busa to the H-D shop and my Hawg to the Honda shop. Sometimes it invites a few remarks, but I don't mind a little good natured argument.

The one thing I really like about the Harley is the following they have. I live in south Georgia and I've noticed that if you drive by a HD Dealership on any Saturday or Sunday, there's always a crowd. I just don't see that at other dealerships.

But again, I like all brands and styles.

Back