Educated a Harley Rider

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I rode my bike over to a buddies house just to shoot the sh*t and there was a Harley sitting in the driveway, ??? He told me he would let me ride the Harley if I let him ride the Busa. :rofl:

I pointed at the Harley and said 85 HP
Then at the Busa and said 162 HP

Not gonna happen.

The rider of the Harley overheard and walked over, Wanted to know what kind of bike I had and more about it, We spent about 30 min just talking about the Busa, He almost coundnt imagine 162 HP compared to his 80 something HP Harley that he thought was fast.

I told him someday we would go riding and I would let him lead and when he thought he was going fast I would go by him :laugh:

We had a very good conversation, He wasnt one of those guys that just wanted to slam a crotch rocket because he rode a Harley. Who knows maybe I can convert him ???

sounds like a good conversation. so many hd riders are so stuck in their ways that they wont even talk to someone on a crotch rocket, let alone carry on a conversation with them. sounds like a decent motorcycle enthusiast to me :thumbsup:

Only Harley riders that didn't like my Busa were sales people in the Harley dealer and they always get a pass from me cause I can understand why they don't like it :whistle:

When riding I typically wave to all other riders, but when that HD rider doesnt wave back I give him the finger. One day this may bite me in the a** but it hasnt yet, and who cares they cant keep up anyway.

One of my occasional weekend stops. The dump pipes on my bike sometimes gets the HD guys attention which starts the questions about the bike. Not many crotch rockets out here at all. HP doesn't not mean much but when I tell them 170 ft/lbs of torque that is a number they can relate to and they stand there with mouths dropped while shaking there head when I tell them about my Busa. Everyone is pretty cool out here at the saloon.

vegas006.jpg

What a timely post for me! Tomorrow I'm riding my HAYBUS south down the Sierras to the town of Bishop, CA where I'm meeting my brother and SIX of his Harley buds for a couple of days doing mountain passes and ending up in Yosemite. I think this'll be a little painful for me in the twisties but will teach me patience! Also, I'll have time to switch around the XM stations on the Zumo. I'm sure the evening conversations will be interesting.

my "bagger" below

P1010481.JPG

More proof that bike guys get along, but jerks are just jerks. Get him to trade that Ol Hog in for a Busa:thumbsup:

120 mph on a Harley is REALLY doing something. I go riding with my Pop all the time, and the first couple of times he decided to get on it I almost ran him over. He takes off pretty quick (for a Harley), then I'm like "okay, here we go". Next thing I know it's "WHOA horsey WHOA". Now I know that getting on it means I'll hit about 110, then GRAB some brake.

The good thing about riding with my father is that when we do talk to the other Harley riders I don't have to say anything about the Busa, because my Pop use to ride it all the time, so when they ask "aren't those things supposed to be fast ?". I just let him answer. I'll never forget the one day he came home from about a 2 hour ride on my Busa, and said "That thing is insane, I went to go around a truck that was throwing crap all over me, so I got on it, by the time I started to slow down I looked, and was doing almost 160 mph".

Last edited:
I like the ones that try and turn up the pace a little.

I creep past them at about their speed +5mph and look like im trying hard,
then knock it down one, give it the gas and go into warp factor 9 Mr Sulu.

Better still are the ones with high bars.

If you get a run up at them you can sit up and put your hands up at eye level
gripping invisible ape-hanger bar's as you pass them. My mates normal find this
more funny than they do though.

Well, it keeps me entertained......:rofl:

When riding I typically wave to all other riders, but when that HD rider doesnt wave back I give him the finger. One day this may bite me in the a** but it hasnt yet, and who cares they cant keep up anyway.

I don't even waste my time with them anymore, most of them dont wave back. I only wave back to those who wave at me. So far I think I can still counting them with one hand.:laugh:

same down here in florida, I like watching the biker build offs for laughes at lunch, the guys at work all ride{ jap bikes} and we try to see out of both bikes , the one that will break down first

You guys are right on! It's a wonderful feeling to walk over to your Busa and know that everyone is looking at you!
Doc:laugh:

Better still are the ones with high bars.

If you get a run up at them you can sit up and put your hands up at eye level
gripping invisible ape-hanger bar's as you pass them. My mates normal find this
more funny than they do though.

Well, it keeps me entertained......:rofl:

My friends and I do that...:rofl:

my brother has a harley 1200 ...he and his wife and i went on a local ride here a few years back...1 thing we got to do was go down the airport runway no speed limit..(now theres one..)..he said he got to 105 and thought he was going real fast...then i passed him...when we stoppped he started to laugh and said man...i thought i was really going,then you passed me...he learned his lesson also...lol:laugh:

i just gotta gen1 w/ a full akro & pc3...and when asked/challenged/tested of why i chose/choose to ride a jap crap crotch rocket i tell any of my HD aquaintances..cause..

"she'll do a buck 12 in 1st gear and it's a 6 cog box"

then typically?..their next response is..

"D@MN!...whats she top out at?"

so i carry a copy of this in the same ziplock baggy my registration is in...

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

Then the next response typically goes something like..

"D@MN!...have ya ever had it that fast?"

and i respond..

"I dunno...the speedo tops out at 185 and then there's this pin that the needle bounces on so?...it's kinda hard ta tell...but i have noticed that harley riders have a tendency to say "D@MN" a lot." :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

The most common response I get from them is "I would kill myself on one of those". To which I say, you better not ride one then. :laugh:

The most common response I get from them is "I would kill myself on one of those". To which I say, you better not ride one then. :laugh:

yep..there are many difs between us and hd riders..one that speaks volumes for me is..

what we call an "Accessory Shop"?...

they call a "Boutique"

guess thats what ya like to call shid when your all class, no balls and all dressed up in black pleather. :laugh:

One of my hd buds at work told me flat out..

"HD" stands for "Hundred Dollars" cause there aint anything for'em that costs less than that! :laugh:

:rofl:

most of my m8's ride the slow wobbly tractors , really pisses em off when me and my brother (turbo blackbird) say to em "we promice not to go past 3rd gear"

I ride with 5 guys at work that own Harleys and they are in awe of what a Busa can do and how they look. For the most part , I get alot of waves and questions about my Busa and alot of respect from other bike riders. I think there is a big mis-conception about Harley Riders and how they look at sportbike riders . Most of them openly admit that the Busa is more than they need. Most people that buy Harleys buy them for Cruising and not for speed.

Back