Harley Riders

That one rider was probably afraid to move for fear of falling off. ROFLMAO!
laugh.gif

I must hang with a different crowd. Several of the guys I ride with ride Harleys, It's become a little boring riding with them since I got the Busa but I ride anyway, sometimes with them and sometimes with sportbikes. I've still never ridden with another busa. That's probably a good thing, I never know when to quit and might hurt myself. Anyway, the Harley riders I ride with all respect my bike. They know what it is and what it will do.
rock.gif

I'll still wave at any bike I pass, and I'll stop if it looks like someone needs help. A friend of mine went down on the freeway at over 100 mph, and before his bike stopped sliding a guy had already called the paramedics. He was Hell's Angel from Ventura, so those boys have my respect, and my help if they need it.

Whats kinda sad is that people feel the need to be in a group to "be somebody". I guess most folks on their own don't feel like they're worth a sh#t.....very sad indeed. Thats why the attitudes when you get a group...its the "us" versus "them" game...old as time and just as sad. I'm a pretty good sized guy with a nasty temper.....I've found out every time an a-hole that has the "group courage" going on....is either a solo pussy waiting to get his ass beat......or one who's just got it beat. I have NEVER EVER yet met a group bigmouth that could or would back up his talk (its the quiet ones you need to watch out for
wink.gif
......sometimes people make me sick
sad.gif
 I'm the nicest guy in the world until I meet an a-hole, then I'm either gonna kill him or die trying (and so far I'm still alive
wink.gif
) There is no reason WHATSOEVER to give complete strangers...or anyone else, sh*t for no reason...unless your an a-hole........if you can't be a man on yer' own......turn in your bike keys and give the hell up!!!

wink.gif

I must hang with a different crowd. Several of the guys I ride with ride Harleys, It's become a little boring riding with them since I got the Busa but I ride anyway, sometimes with them and sometimes with sportbikes. I've still never ridden with another busa. That's probably a good thing, I never know when to quit and might hurt myself. Anyway, the Harley riders I ride with all respect my bike. They know what it is and what it will do.
rock.gif
I gotta agree with this.

Never got any flak from anyone. Even the Harley guys know what the Hayabusa is.

PS - I live in Detroit, "Buy American" central. I normally agree with that sentiment myself (I actually own an American built TV...) but in the case of sportbikes, beyond the Buell Firebolt series (which is a terrific bike handicapped by a terrible motor for performance) there just aren't any.

At the bottom of my street is a nice old guy named Al. He must own about five HD’s and is always fixing them up. I mean some pretty nice bikes. I think he is retired and just loves to do it. Usually at night other HD riders show up to talk to him, ride or just have a few beers. Al always waves at me no matter if I am on my Busa or Road King but before he figured it out that I was the same guy he would only wave at me on my HD. The people that visit him hardly ever wave at me on my Busa even when I wave first. If I ride the HD, everyone always waves. It’s a FLHP Police bike and does not look to “Blingyâ€￾ but it sounds great. Now, since I own both ends of the spectrum I always wave and see how everyone reacts by which bike I am on. I get more waves back from everyone on the HD but I do get some from HD riders when I am on the Busa.

iagreewithsledhead.jpg

Okay, I'm gonna pipe up on this one...and it's gonna be a long post...so no Whining.

Before I bought my bike, I thought I wanted a Harley, I fell in to the hype and thought they were the be-all, end-all of bikes. I even though Buell made Race bikes (now I see XB1200's getting spaking by 600cc Jap bikes in FX, why is a 1200 allowed in a 600 class???)

Then I started researching and found out just how bad of a product they put out. Now, I'm all for nostalgia, and that's what HD sells. The same technology that was new in '41, you can buy new in '04.

I have had problems with Harley riders, and I have friends that are Harley riders. The lunch lady at my word rides a '79 Shovelhead that has been in a number of magazines, and she is way cool. She's hardcore. She has ridden from FL to NY and back, had her bikes stolen by one of the larger biker gangs (a quick call to the local "president" or whatever they're called and it was back in her driveway 4 hours later..good story) and is always willing to chat it up.

Anyway. My Latest harley run in was as follows.

My wife and I went out for a night of shooting pool and drinking. So we drove down to the pool hall (in a car). I happened to be wearing my West Coast Choppers shirt (I like Jesse James and respect that he builds bikes from the ground up...not farming it out like some other shops. He also owns at least 1 busa and a couple other sportbikes, quit bustin my balls). So a guy at the bar comes up and asks me if I ride or I just wear the clothes. I'm like "WTF?". I told him I do have a bike and he asks what kind. I said an '89 FJ1200, Yamaha, to which he says "I'm Sorry". again...WTF. I told him I wasn't and asked what he rode.

Get this..

Numbnuts pulls open his shirt like Superman and shows me the Harley T-shirt he had on underneath and gave me a look like I was supposed to drop to my knees and thank him for letting me bathe in the light that was his logo. What ever. I said "a Bike is a bike and at least we're riding." He said, "yeah but I don't need to go that fast." I came back with "it only goes as fast as my right wrist and my manhood tell it to go".

We get into a talk about Buells and I said Erik Buell is the best thing that happened to Harley. He says how ugly the XB line is, and I tell him I disagree and think that they are great bikes, but won't be competive until they quit using that damn Sportster motor.

He just walked away...

I don't get it.

I live in a county where the ratio of Harleys to Sportbikes is like 20:1 and most of the sportbikes are squids. So I know it's going to be hard for me to get along...and that's fine.

It just cracks me up how deluded some people are.

All I know is that there is something about the HD group, I don't get it and again like I said all of them are not like that. The 4th of July event that happens every year in Holister CA, first year I took my 91 851 ducati got a lot of dumbs up and a lot of looks, next year took my 01 1k gxr, I was made to feel as though I just slapped my mother and gave the Pope the finger, final year road my 01 busa, mixed reviews those who knew what a busa was about got thumbs up, those who didn't would look over the bike and when they saw the 1300 then they warmed up a bit and finally they were the ones that if you did not own a HD then you are not a true biker. Go figure. But I must admit, I do like that HD called the "Night Train" it is the one that is all black with wrought black on the cases. That bike has my thumbs up!
cool.gif

Al always waves at me no matter if I am on my Busa or Road King but before he figured it out that I was the same guy he would only wave at me on my HD.  The people that visit him hardly ever wave at me on my Busa even when I wave first.  If I ride the HD, everyone always waves.  
I own a Road King and Kawasaki Concours (no Hayabusa yet)
sad.gif
When I'm on my Road King I won't bother to wave at guys on sport bikes and I try not wave at metric cruisers but sometimes I am fooled and wave. The few times I have waved at sport bikes I ussally have gotten stone-faced stares. When I'm on the Concours I notice that guys on Sportbikes will wave but Harley riders and even metric cruisers won't. I live in Phoenix where it seems there are twice as many cruisers on the road as sport bikes.

Hey PacerX... What kind of american tv do you have? I had read a while back that there were no longer any american TV manufacturers. I thought that was ironic, but if it's not true, then it's not ironic
smile.gif

Oh and no waves from the HD owners here in PC. You can try, but it just won't happen
cool.gif

dd

BOUGHT BUSA NEW IN OO,OVER LAST 4 YEARS SEVERAL PEOPLE WHERE I WORK HAVE BOUGHT HARLEYS AS FIRST BIKES,I ENCOURAGED THEM TO BUY ANY KIND OF MOTORCYCLE.
BUT THIS LIFESTYLE THING HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND,I HAVE BEEN TO A COUPLE OF HOG RALLYS WITH THEM.HAD TO HELP THEM LOAD BIKES ON TRAILERS AND SUCH.AND THEY ALL HAVE ALTERED PERSONALITIES WHEN THEY GET THEIR DUDS ON.
AS THEY ARE FRIENDS I CAN LIVE WITH THEIR FLAWS,BUT
WHEN SOMEBODY STARTS TALKING ABOUT RACING OR FAST BIKES THEY ALL JUST POINT AT THE BUSA AND SAY,TALK TO THAT GUY OVER THERE.WHEN WE ALL RIDE TOGETHER THEY KNOW I AM GOING TO DISAPPEAR EVENTUALLY .
CUT EM SOME SLACK,WE WILL ALL WIND UP AT THE SAME PLACE ONE DAY

Hey PacerX...  What kind of american tv do you have?  I had read a while back that there were no longer any american TV manufacturers.  I thought that was ironic, but if it's not true, then it's not ironic
smile.gif

Oh and no waves from the HD owners here in PC.  You can try, but it just won't happen  
cool.gif

dd
Sharp, assembled in the United States.

Saw the little American flag with the "Made in the USA" writing on it and bought it on the spot.

don't get me wrong I ride with hd's, hell I even had 2 way back when. I have a few buds now I ride with every now and then. There always glad to ride along & we have a great time! To this day though Iv'e never been asked to ride along with them when it's an hd group. I currently belong to a local sport riders club who welcome all.

for the past 25 years I've managed to make a massive motorcycle dice run every yr. for cancer. It's a great cause and it's moving to see how many bikers turn out. The segregation couldn't be any worse sad to say.

I make a weekend trip every year a state away to the International motorcycle show to see the new models. I can't help remember 1 year when the V-rod made it's debut, here's some promise for hd, roughly 135 hp, porche built motor, yet a group of leather bearing hardcore's (middle of winter mind you, inside) standing around the podium, bashin the hell out of the bike, go figure! best one yet, there always commenting that the metric cruisers are harley wannabe's!
ride safe,
Mik

<!--EDIT|Mikuniman
Reason for Edit: "bad ass grammer"|1093107285 -->

Back