Run in with a guy on harley yesterday!

My dad rides one so i'm always cracking on him . Its all in fun though . Sure you get some "harley" riders that won't even wave , but most bikers are pretty cool.
My company happens to do a lot of business with Harley Davidson. I can tell you that most of their parts are purchased from suppliers that are north of the Mexican border, south of the Canadian border, and reside between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. These parts are manufactured in the same areas. Some say that is why the quality is low and the expense high...

I for one could care less what anyone thinks of my busa, Harley rider or otherwise. In my opinion there is no such thing as the best bike. Although I have never had the desire to own or ride a Harley, I have nothing against them. I find I have much more in common with busa owners, even though I do ride with friends that have cruisers. When someone puts your busa down just smile . We know the truth about the bike.
tounge.gif

I have rode a few Harleys. I just was not impressed. I rode a Fat Boy and it vibrated alot. I just can't enjoy riding something that vibrates more than my rider mower. I do like to look at them and love the customs (to look at).

Shortly after getting my K5 I met up with my Harley Buddies. We're ALL hot rodders and are addicted to Hp, Torque and Speed. I start telling them the facts about over 90 in first 170+hp to the rear wheel and my buddy Dan says, "Prove it". I say, Lets go. We leave the parking lot ( both 100% beer free!) and line up at the light in the same lane. I told him we're gonna do this twice. "First we're gonna go to 100 mph side by side Listen for my shifts" We go get to 100 and stop. He agrees there was no shift and is amazed. Now, I said, we're gonna race to 100. When I get there, I'll brake down to your speed. He didn't get out of second for very long before my brake lights came on. We went back and now the whole gang is crowded around the Busa while he shoots off for 15 minutes how F'n Bad the Busa is. I kept quiet. It's amazing what a little education can do...

I too have both the busa for back and to work and sport biking with my buddies. The h-d for weekends,trips and riding with the harley guys.

isaw 2 harleys on the interstate last week taunted then for a second then let them go by then grabbed agear went by them at 160 all i could do was laugh I love the busa:p
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I too owned H-D's exclusively up until the Polaris Victory hit the scene in 1999 and I watched them closeley for a few years then decided to buy an '01 Sport Cruiser, I really liked it and was completely disenchanted with the H-D by then, mostly the dealerships and the gouging they were doing for many years. Then I traded up to an '04 Victory Kingpin and absolutely love it for a cruiser, and never had either one of them back to the dealer for any kind of service it's like their bulletproof or something (at least so far....knock on wood) I do all my own maintenance. And then one day I see this Busa going the opposite direction as I'm heading to work and it was like something switched on in my head and I started researching them and when I got to see one up close and sit on it I knew I had to have one, I got one and never looked back and man I'm luv'in it....

Personally, I love HD cruisers.

They are not a bad bike…… they are just not a fast bike. :-)

i have found that the ones that give me a hard time are the ones that don't know anything except "i drive a harley, uuhhh"...the ones that truly know bikes usually say something about the 'Busa being a great bike
I didn't even finish reading the thread as that sums it up nicely. As a 3 bike Harley owner as well as a Busa owner I get it from both sides.

I for one could care less what anyone thinks of my busa, Harley rider or otherwise. In my opinion there is no such thing as the best bike. Although I have never had the desire to own or ride a Harley, I have nothing against them. I find I have much more in common with busa owners, even though I do ride with friends that have cruisers. When someone puts your busa down just smile . We know the truth about the bike.
tounge.gif
"In my opinion there is no such thing as the best bike." That is why I have four bikes! I love my Busa but there is no way I'd ride it from PA to Fla for the bike events. That is where my Bagger comes in. My Chopper gets the nod for local cruising. My Bobber is the beater bike, dusty parking lots, rain and mud. The Busa is for riding with the other sport bike riders and plain old going FAST.

I dont see how anyone who actually works hard for his money buys a harley.Even the newer ones start having problems within a few years.Check out any harley forum and youll see what i mean.Sure cruisers are nice but a smart person would stick to the jap cruisers if you wanna be realistic about reliability.

I dont see how anyone who actually works hard for his money buys a harley.Even the newer ones start having problems within a few years.Check out any harley forum and youll see what i mean.Sure cruisers are nice but a smart person would stick to the jap cruisers if you wanna be realistic about reliability.
Sounds like the voice of inexperience. Your post represents exactly what Fate was posting about. Negativity from other riders.

Sounds like the voice of inexperience. Your post represents exactly what Fate was posting about. Negativity from other riders.
Cant speak from experience.Just from what i read on the boards.Before the busa i was very likely to buy a vrod but after reading what the owners said on the forums i went for the busa

I've been kicking around a V-Rod. I'd go with the Street Rod as it has a few more HP than the others. Slap on a Turbo and call it done.

The guys who know me thought this would be a good cross over bike for me. I like the speed, RPM's and power of my Busa as well as the low end stump pulling torque of my Harleys. This is as close as I will come to getting both in one package. The street rod even has mid mount controls!

Thats a funny story Fate , Had the same thing happens to me..wonder if it's the same guy????lol!! Guy,, said he'd outrun me on a 1200 sportster..Said he had it "souped up"and he had way more torque and as much HP...lol....I told him to break out the title anytime...My daughter could use a training bike.. lol!

Too bad for that Harley guy
biggrin.gif
..... It really sucks to be uninformed.. I own a 04 cruiser and my 05 Hayabusa.. Simpy put, they're different rides for different occassions..
smile.gif

Back