Surgery tomorrow - will be gimpy again

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Well, tomorrow is the day...I finally go in to have my ACL reconstructed...

For those who don't know, back in May, while playing soccer, I tore my ACL, MCL, and fractured my tibia...Oh, also had a torn meniscus that was repaired 3 months ago...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/86746-update-omar-s-day-playing-soccer.html

I've been wearing a knee brace since...I'll be glad when I don't have to do that anymore! But for now, I'll be back on crutches for a bit...and another brace! Yay me! LOL I have physical therapy scheduled for the following day...Doc wants me to get started on it right away. I'm hoping I'll be cleared to ride by the Bash! :please:

back to gimpy avatar!! hey at least this one has a better prognosis as to down time.. Good luck with PT.. I felt awful after they did my ACL (worse than I ever did after it tore) but things are pretty much 100% today... (no more lifting big printers for me)..

you going to watch?

hope you get better fast :thumbsup: Have them start moving the knee the evening of the surgury, will make it easier the next day. They did that to my shoulder and it made a huge difference.... at least thats what the dr said my tail was high on pain meds :laugh: :whistle:

see you in april!

back to gimpy avatar!! hey at least this one has a better prognosis as to down time.. Good luck with PT.. I felt awful after they did my ACL (worse than I ever did after it tore) but things are pretty much 100% today... (no more lifting big printers for me)..

you going to watch?

Yep - I have the avatar ready LOL

I want to watch, but the doc said NO! Dangit! As soon as he told me that I was getting the nerve block...I said "So, does this mean I can watch the fun?" He said "No, you'll be asleep..." *sigh*

Doing the hamstring...so I'm already expecting more pain from that, too.

prayers going out for you bro...let me know if there is anything i can do for you :beerchug:

Hey, if you don't get cleared for riding at the bash you can always hang around and help prep food.

I'm just sayin'. :whistle:

hope you get better fast :thumbsup: Have them start moving the knee the evening of the surgury, will make it easier the next day. They did that to my shoulder and it made a huge difference.... at least thats what the dr said my tail was high on pain meds :laugh: :whistle:

see you in april!

Thanks! I'll plan on asking about that. Anything I can do to shorten the healing process...I'm game. Of course, I may need more Lortab :whistle:

Hey, if you don't get cleared for riding at the bash you can always hang around and help prep food.

I'm just sayin'. :whistle:

Hmmm - yeah, I could do that...pretty good at it. However, it may get crowded with Sam already there.

I know! I'll hang around and be the official taste-tester! :thumbsup:

Tough to have this at this time of the year, Omar, but you'll get through it and be much better off! Let us know what you need.

Back