~~~   Surgery bumped up to today   ~~~

Excellent
smile.gif

Great news Michelle, Hope you have a speedy recovery and our blessing go out to you. Glad to see your in great spirits.

Joe

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124987248 -->

GOOD LUCK AS WELL. I JUST HAD LOWER BACK SURGERY LAST WEEK. IT'S NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT. I TOOK THE PAIN FOR 12 YEARS SO IT WASN'T UNFAMILIAR GROUND TO ME. JUST TAKE IT NICE AND EASY FOR A WHILE. I AM GOING TO TRY TO GET BACK ON THE "BUSA" BEFORE THE SEASON'S OVER.

Glad to hear you're doing well Michelle
cool.gif

I missed your update when I went home for my Dad being in the hospital...Sorry I missed it.

Keep us posted on your progress
smile.gif

I'm healing very slowly...pretty much just can't sit down long. When that finally gets better, I'll be just like new again - I HOPE!

Thanks for checking in on me...and good luck to BABYBUSA01...hope the surgery helps you as well...
smile.gif

Jim, how is your Dad doing?

Dad's doing better for now. Just not sure what the future holds in store for us.

but...

This thread is about you Michelle
wink.gif
Just take your time healing up and DON'T overdo it. My Dad went through 3 surgeries on his back because he was impatient and rushed it. Glad to see you back on the board.
cool.gif

Good luck and speedy recovery!
biggrin.gif

Ask for a PCA pump (patient controlled analgesia). That way you won't have to buzz the nurses every time your pain starts to break through. Studies have shown that you use fewer pain meds with this too.
wink.gif

THANKS VA BUSA: YOUR PROBABLY PUTTING AROUND THE HOUSE LIKE ME CHECKING IN ON THE BIKE HERE AND NOW. HOPEFULLY, YOU GET A SPEEDY RECOVERY

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, but don't be fooled by feeling better. It's a trap that most of us young folk fall into after back surgery. If you get out and active too fast, the disc won't have time to scar over fully, and the jelly in the disc will get squished out into the spinal cord space, again.

I took it easy and didn't ride for 2 months after surgery, and I'm already feeling the pain coming back. I know it's reruptured by the MRI and the discomfort (that seems familiar, like dejavu).

Don't take me as a doom sayer. We all heal differently, just be very careful even after it stops hurting. That's when your risk for re-injury is at it's highest potential.

Doug

face7.gif

Back