s1000RR does 8.49 @ 156

Giddy up ...imagine the potential of that thing! The next manufacturer that does this will be king..and it WILL happen- and others will follow suit...a goldmine for someone who takes that risk.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner

Shccwwwinngggg

BMW six cylinder
bmw-concept-6-cylinder-motorcycle-22.jpg

Of course...after 10 years we got an extra 40cc, 8 more hp and better brakes,
(of course that's after the current brake systems are a DECADE OLD, that would
be hard to upgrade, note the sarcasm)

What's all the hype about?

The previous Gen 1's did better than this for more than 10 years now. :whistle::whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ding ding ding...we have a winner

Shccwwwinngggg

BMW six cylinder
bmw-concept-6-cylinder-motorcycle-22.jpg

Of course...after 10 years we got an extra 40cc, 8 more hp and better brakes,
(of course that's after the current brake systems are a DECADE OLD, that would
be hard to upgrade, note the sarcasm)

Hi Justyn- Too bad they didn't have the balls to put it into production. Looks like the Japanese will first it! Without the camel hump too :laugh:

Sat one one today at the BMW dealer. Surprisingly upright riding position with not too much weight on the wrists at all. Seems very small (narrow) when sitting on it and somewhat tall. One question I have though is about what kind of top speeds its gonna make as the windscreen seems very small and it doesn't appear to have much of an aero shape to it? As we know when it comes to top speed its all about the aero...

Very nice motorcycle indeed, for riders looking for that style. My personal opinion is that I am past the "fastest sport bike" stage and very happy with the Busa. I would not trade my Busa for a new S1000 under any circumstances.

They were actually fighting a slightly head wind and they're running the race spec XXX118 fuel which I don't believe is oxygenated like the MRX01 it was dynoed with. Yesterday was the first time out for the bike-give Brock and Ryan a few months. Can't believe all the hatin'-this bike's for real and will blow our beloved Busas' away in a drag. So my bike isn't the fastest bike made anymore-so f'ing what! I didn't choose the Busa to feed my ego and I've got lots of options if I want more hp and besides, they are totally different classes of motorcycles! Apples and oranges. And I'm excited as hell the bar has been raised considerably, won't be long till we see the response! Hopefully the Busa will inherit some of the new tech.

Very nice motorcycle indeed, for riders looking for that style. My personal opinion is that I am past the "fastest sport bike" stage and very happy with the Busa. I would not trade my Busa for a new S1000 under any circumstances.

What if they offered you the bike and one millllllllllllllllion dollars?

Hi Justyn- Too bad they didn't have the balls to put it into production. Looks like the Japanese will first it! Without the camel hump too :laugh:

Wouldn't count on that...

I've seen nothing from the Japanese...you can't even get a current '10 suzuki
in the U.S. much less...a new model.

At least the beemer folks have built a concept bike, and that's been out for a
while now. Have you seen any concept bikes from the big 4?

I also wouldn't count on the beemer folks lacking nads...look at the 1000rr
or the automotive division.

I don't believe they were in the 300km agreement...I think it was the big
japanese 4...SOooooo...don't count them out, they certainly have given us
more than Suzuki has over the last couple years.

Well I agree with part of that...I wouldn't trade either...I can sit on the Bus
all day, I start hunkering over a liter, I think that would be unconfortable
after a while.

However, 350cc more on the gen II with NO LIMITIATION on engine size,
they could went a lot more (were not racing professionally, liters that is)
there is/was no reason why suzuki couldn't kill all the competion once again
for years to come with the update....oh yeah...$$$$...they went cheap.

So while you say your past the fastest sportbike stage, there really is no reason
why the one already between your legs (busa) doesn't have that crown, hands
down for YEARS to come.

What if they offered you the bike and one millllllllllllllllion dollars?

I guess I should have said under reasonable circumstances. If this was the case, of course I would take the million and hand over my Busa. Then I would go out and get another Busa and enjoy that as I do mine now :)

I don't believe they were in the 300km agreement...I think it was the big
japanese 4...SOooooo...don't count them out, they certainly have given us
more than Suzuki has over the last couple years.

I believe they are adhering to the 300 agreement as the lastest Cycle World comparo (thread on this forum) has the S1000RR topping out at exactly 300 km/h.

I guess I should have said under reasonable circumstances. If this was the case, of course I would take the million and hand over my Busa. Then I would go out and get another Busa and enjoy that as I do mine now :)

lol :laugh:

I believe they are adhering to the 300 agreement as the lastest Cycle World comparo (thread on this forum) has the S1000RR topping out at exactly 300 km/h.

Not to mention it won the masterbike shootout (running of the bulls) and beat
the new Aprilia V4, Augusta MV4, KTM, Ducati 1198, and all the Japs...

Props to the folks over at BMW for upping the ante just when we thought it just couldn't get better :beerchug:

Competition is what makes things go round :thumbsup:

Props to the folks over at BMW for upping the ante just when we thought it just couldn't get better :beerchug:

Competition is what makes things go round :thumbsup:

Exactly. It's taken BMW 20 years to get into this war so its good to see them finally submit an effort that is competitive. That said, this war will not be stopping as its been going on since the 70's.....the big 4 will respond with more hp and more electronics and the bar will continue to rise limited only by the manufacturers rubber IMHO. Lets not forget that Suzuki has dominated this category for a lot of years so there isn't any reason to believe they won't be kings again many times over. Next year should be fun.:thumbsup:

Back