BMW S1000RR does 8.49 @ 159 w/bolt-ons

38 Cigarette

Registered
Surprised this hasnt been commented on yet, maybe I missed it ? I searched tho.

I'm on Brocks email list and I got an update from them last thursday 6/3 stating that Ryan Schnitz did 8.49@159 on one with only "external bolt-ons - most notably Brocks CT Megaphone Full Exhaust, BST Wheels, and MacIntosh extended swingwarm".

They go on to say those numbers "astounded the drag race community and garnered the S1000RR the unofficial title of the 'quickest and fastest stock bike in the world' ".

Anyway you look at it, pretty darned quick for a mild bolt-on liter bike, if thats truely the case and it wasnt secretly tuned/tweaked...

This it was same bike they made a Dyno tune video on? It was posted not ot long ago.

Add up the $$ to do it on top of the bike cost. Been on many other sites, here is their posted research.

Engine: Stock (203 RWHP/80 ft-lbs SAE Scale using VP MRX01 Fuel)
Exhaust System: Brock’s Performance Full Titanium CT-FM™ Carbo...n Tip Megaphone with Anodized Flames
Fuel Injection Control: Dynojet PCV with Brock’s Performance Custom Map to match the CT-FM.
Wheels: BST Carbon Fiber
Tires: Michelin 120/60 Power Pure Front - 190/50 Power One Rear
Bearings: Worldwide Bearings Ceramic
Swingarm: Brock’s Performance 9†over Alumi-Pro™ by McIntosh
Shock: Brock’s Performance Dragshock™ by Öhlins (Dual Stage Compression with Remote)
Sprockets: Vortex (17-47 to start)
Chain: Regina 530 ZRP 160 Link (O-Rings removed by hand)
Clutch Modifications: Brock’s Performance Clutch Mod, Cushion, Springs with Adjustable Spring Tops and Shims
Lowering Links: Brock’s Performance Window Links
Front End: Brock’s Performance Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit (Radial Mounts, Strap End Kit, Strap)
Oil: Alisyn <<0 Weight
Oil Additive: Petron Plus
Coolant: MoCool by Motul
Mirror Block Offs: Brock’s Performance
Brake Line-Rear 9†over: Spiegler Performance
Brake Pads: Carbone Lorraine (SBK5 Compound)
Seat: Custom Cover by Bob Kussman of Dayton, OH

Add up the $$ to do it on top of the bike cost. Been on many other sites, here is their posted research.

Engine: Stock (203 RWHP/80 ft-lbs SAE Scale using VP MRX01 Fuel)
Exhaust System: Brock’s Performance Full Titanium CT-FM™ Carbo...n Tip Megaphone with Anodized Flames
Fuel Injection Control: Dynojet PCV with Brock’s Performance Custom Map to match the CT-FM.
Wheels: BST Carbon Fiber
Tires: Michelin 120/60 Power Pure Front - 190/50 Power One Rear
Bearings: Worldwide Bearings Ceramic
Swingarm: Brock’s Performance 9” over Alumi-Pro™ by McIntosh
Shock: Brock’s Performance Dragshock™ by Öhlins (Dual Stage Compression with Remote)
Sprockets: Vortex (17-47 to start)
Chain: Regina 530 ZRP 160 Link (O-Rings removed by hand)
Clutch Modifications: Brock’s Performance Clutch Mod, Cushion, Springs with Adjustable Spring Tops and Shims
Lowering Links: Brock’s Performance Window Links
Front End: Brock’s Performance Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit (Radial Mounts, Strap End Kit, Strap)
Oil: Alisyn <<0 Weight
Oil Additive: Petron Plus
Coolant: MoCool by Motul
Mirror Block Offs: Brock’s Performance
Brake Line-Rear 9” over: Spiegler Performance
Brake Pads: Carbone Lorraine (SBK5 Compound)
Seat: Custom Cover by Bob Kussman of Dayton, OH

From the Article in "MotorCyclist"...

(stock bike)
It's lap times were only O.K., but nothing-not even a Hayabusa-could touch the BMW's
quarter mile at 9.57 sec. and 156.05 mph.

Also...
Unlike the Aprillia there was no ambiguity surrounding the BMW's spec sheet.
The all new Beat form Bavaria pumped out an astounding 174.2 horsepower @
the rear wheel. That's 2 more than the last Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa we dynoed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again supports my summation that the Gen IIm with an advantage of 340 extra ccs
can't out muscle a 1000...was a weak update. So much for being king and destroying
all commers and killing the flea with a sledgehammer...

I guess we'll see what the Gen III will bring sometime in the next 10+ years...
assuming we'll actually be able to get one in the states :whistle:

Last edited:
That is a pretty quick bike with just bolt-ons. I would like to see what a 'Busa could do with the traction control, quick shift, and the bolt-ons that the BMW has.

From the Article in "MotorCyclist"...

(stock bike)
It's lap times were only O.K., but nothing-not even a Hayabusa-could touch the BMW's
quarter mile at 9.57 sec. and 156.05 mph.

Go back and read the original dyno article. That wasn't an actual run, it was a DYNO 1/4-mile run so the numbers aren't comparable with any actual TRACK test... ;)

I would still rather ride my Busa 1000 miles in 24 than even TRY that on the BMW :laugh: ! Different bikes for Different things :beerchug:

Well you are also talking about a bike that weighs considerably less than the busa. I was looking at buying the BMW before I bought my busa, but they were not available yet and I am not the most patient person.

From all I read about, they sound like a great machine. The only reason I didn't "pre-order" one is because of the issues I had with my first year Buell. That was a frigin nightmare and I didn't want to go through that possibility again.

We get into the realm of "do you need it?" My busa is already so fast with a full pipe and PC-V that is blurs my vision it pulls so hard. Do we really need a 8 1/2 second motorcycle? Not really, is it great? Oh yea, but if it keeps going at that rate, they will ban or put restrictions on them.

If you need more than almost 200 horsepower on a 450-500 pound machine you may need help, lol.

[/QUOTE]
We get into the realm of "do you need it?" My busa is already so fast with a full pipe and PC-V that is blurs my vision it pulls so hard. Do we really need a 8 1/2 second motorcycle? Not really, is it great? Oh yea, but if it keeps going at that rate, they will ban or put restrictions on them.

If you need more than almost 200 horsepower on a 450-500 pound machine you may need help, lol.[/QUOTE]

+1 on that. And the extra couple grand you would pay for 1 second on a track. Besides, The Busa still looks better.:laugh:

If you need more than almost 200 horsepower on a 450-500 pound machine you may need help, lol.

Your trying to justify a lack of a full update by playing the "need" card...do
we need it?

We don't NEED the busa we already have but if the Gen III came
stock with 200 rwhp, would you turn it down and ask that they restirct it? ???

I'm guessing the problem is you could throw the same mods on a gen 2 and still be a couple ticks slower than the BMW. Wether the BMW is stock doesn't really matter too much. Time for Suzuki to step it up! :D

Your trying to justify a lack of a full update by playing the "need" card...do
we need it?

We don't NEED the busa we already have but if the Gen III came
stock with 200 rwhp, would you turn it down and ask that they restirct it? ???

No I am not trying to justify anything. I like horsepower as much as the next guy trust me. I just know that any day now the legislature will start putting restrictions on these bikes. I mean let's get real for a minute, there isn't a cop car in the world that could catch the bike as it is.

You know john law is has been complaining about that for years. The death rate continues to go up because people who don't know how to ride to begin with buy these machines and crank them up to 186 and die.

I mean the writing is on the wall, everyday on here you see multiple posts of people saying "I almost wrecked, I dropped my bike, I got a ticket in the middle of town, etc. etc." Do you think people who are new to motorcycles, (most of the ones who post things like this are) need a 200 hp motorcycle to feed the monster that is the media?

Just an update (spoiler) as I got my July issue of Motorcyclist mag yesterday with the feature being a shootout of the euro superbikes. The BMW lost another shootout to the Aprilia RSV4 Factory. This after losing to the same bike in the Cycle World Masterbike shootout as well. Guess the shine is coming off the apple already?:whistle:

Back