Rearended at 50 + mph

Thinking about it now a LOUD ass pipe may have gotten their attention before hitting you. LOUD pipes won't help get you noticed by anything in front of you but should for cagers behind you while riding.

Nailed at "50+ mph" and you kept the bike up with only $400 in damage?
rock.gif

Not saying you didn't get rear ended but if it was at 50 mph your bike would no longer exist and you most likely would not be here typing about it.

Or were you already cruising along at 40 mph when the guy hit you?

No, was hit going 50+... 400 dollars with used ebay parts and not replacing everything, i did over 3k damage just in parts if i take to dealer, only replacing subframe / rear foot pegs, and bolts, my tail light is cracked but works, crack in rear plastic, dennis on boards here hooked me up on exhaust, which both mine are bent beyond repair, slit in tire which i think absorbed most impact cause i went up about 2 foot off front when i got hit, went down handle bars shake rappidly, i throttle , look in mirror see a car in ditch, pulls up next to me, i notice he has a old early 90's car with steel bumper bent in V shape, then decides to pull back up on road and just guns it past me. I'm not here to try to prove to anyone how fast i was going, i dont brag about get into any type of accident, but riding buddy on his RX10 was very suprised i kept it up as well, who was about 30 or less feet ahead of me, how i know i was at 50 cause i was looking at speedometer thinking about throttling past him. I think he didnt have insurance or was drunk / high or whatever i dont know. I didnt call cops b/c no endorcment, just temps and wasnt wearing a helmet, if my frame was bent i was going to call insurance on hit and run from house, but got on ebay when i got home and found about everything i needed for less than my 1k deduc. Took to dealer paid 70 bucks to double check everything with frame was ok, it was, and estimate on parts/ labor were rediculous. (70 bucks was hourly rate on mechanic ),

Sorry shouldnt get P.O.ed about post trying to say, no it didnt happen when they werent there, yes.. why the HECK would someone lie about that. Its just retarded. If you drop the damn thing, you drop it, say you f**kin dropped it. If you get hit the rear by a idiot driver, while you were doing speed limit <50> and happen to pull through it, oh no way.. no i havent been riding long, luck whatever it was i dont know or care. Parts are cheap on ebay, thank GOD!

ok , i read post wrong, sorry , Yes i was already at 50, guy hit me going , i would say 10 over, which is very common on particular road, no cops ever!

That's why I went back and edited...at first I was picturing you sitting at a stoplight and getting rammed by a car doing 50 mph.

Not that it'll do much good but did you fill out a police report?

Better yet, post about your accident in the main forum and give your location with a description of the car that hit you. The vee in the bumper is a good start to finding the puke.

Already got people looking for him in local trash apartments that where near where he hit me, wont say anything else but if he is found its taken care of, family was raised on west side of columbus!
firedevil.gif

And no police report cause I was without helmet and no endorsment. Would have if damage was going to cost fortune to repair, but so far ive been lucky, not sure if i mentioned but subframe and rear pegs came today, so wont be down to much longer

Thank god you are safe! Bike is replacable but a life isnt!
i bought my bike past tusday from dealership. They told me to pick up the bike 3 days later as they had to some sort of safety inspection. So day came and i picked her up on tuesday. Drove it home and discoevered front fork seals were leaking and front brakes were totally trashed!
Called the dealership and now they took it back from me and getting it fixed. Hope to get it done by this coming tuesday. Three bike shop mechanics said
1. Front fork seals were leaking bad.
2. Front brake pads are not working at all
3. Front tire is completely bald.
4. Right off the dealership, the front tire had 10 psi air and rear had 14 psi.!!!!!!!

i cant believe they gave me a death crown. I told dealership specifically this is my first bike and do what you have to do to make it safe for me and now i have to wait 2 weeks for repairs that werent done?????????

Not going to try to hijack this thread into an insurance rant, but as I understand it from my paperwork from my insurance, a hit and run accident should be covered under the Mandatory Liability section and shouldn't have a deductible attached to it and subsequently shouldn't result in a rate increase. (ie. not your fault, your not a riskier rider because of it, essentially everyone pays with increased rates as a whole)

Now mind you I've always had a tense relationship with insurance and in recent times I'm much more inclined to believe their much more concerned about their bottom line then actually assisting their clients but if your willing to put up a fight you might get something out of it. Think at the very least you'll need a police report though but just my 2 cents.

Either way GL with the repairs, as for the plastics, if the cracks are small a decent way to repair them is to apply a fiberglass patch to the back side to help strengthen and hold and then you can either plastic weld the crack as described or fill the crack with a hardening epoxy resin and sand it down smooth, repaint and buff. Might still be visible up close but it'll hold and keep from flexing.

Good to hear you are ok.Worried about his new wheels??WTF!!I would be worried about the asswhooping I would recieve from being a dumbass.Guess hes lucky you were unconcious.

Back