Another Busa goes down...

oh yeah, and i epoxied some of the major parts back together on my beat up fairings so they'll fit back on the bike. The upside is that now i've got a trashed pair i can put on for next time i know im going to ride a little rough. No high speed runs or anything lol, dont need pieces flying apart or ending up in a chain, spokes, whatever. And for a point of advice dont loose your pushpins or fairing fasteners, dealerships want 2.50$ apice and up for the little things

Call insurance, upgrade to comprehensive(not full coverage)this covers storm damage, acts of nature, and with most companies...animals! Wait a week, file a claim, hit a dog, didn't call the cops, didn't want a ticket. Done deal. Hey, I bet it's cheaper than all those parts. That really sucks man, hate to see that happen.

Glad to hear that you are back up and going. List some of the parts that you"re still in need of, I may be able to help you out.

Call insurance, upgrade to comprehensive(not full coverage)this covers storm damage, acts of nature, and with most companies...animals! Wait a week, file a claim, hit a dog, didn't call the cops, didn't want a ticket. Done deal. Hey, I bet it's cheaper than all those parts. That really sucks man, hate to see that happen.

you have no idea how tempted i am to do that... but it sounds just way too fishy. I dont want to get in serious trouble for insurance fraud or something. Even afterwords i can't afford the insurance i dont think, comprehensive will run ME about 400 per month its retarded. Being young isn't always great

I would do the gsxr1000 as a upgrade tail mite be cheaper

na, i love the way the tail on the gen 2 busas look. And i just got a set of fairings in yesterday. Haven't fit em on yet though i gotta go to like lows or something to try to match up bolts, screws, rubber grommets, and padding for the inside. Also going to take my turn signals and brake light into a body shop tomorrow to get them smoked the right way. Other then that all i need is a good set of bar mirrors and blockoffs and im back on the road:cheerleader:

well i got everything i needed to put the bike together and finally a day off work to do it (thanksgiving today). But after i got started found out that the aftermarket fairings off fleabay are strait crap! thin weak abs plastic, paint is in a single coat and no clear coat, and worse is they dont even fit on the bike right. so now i gotta get back on and get a oem nose and tail kuz my sides are fine... now im going to be scraiping for cash to get this fixed ugh...:banghead::firing::cursin:
on the bright side, the smoke painted signals and brakelight look great. my laptop just died but i'll maybe try to get pictures up saturday when i can get back on

There's a reason insurance companies want to see the bike in person before giving you any additional coverage besides plpd/liability. It's to prevent people from doing things like this.

-Nick

Stay on it Josh, like to see you back on the road. Don't spend good money on bad parts if you can help it. Too bad so many peeps are out to pull fast ones.

Back