50 Ways to Stay Alive

Great advice:thumbsup:
Another thing to mention and I see 99% of riders doing it.
Coming to a red light and stopping less then a foot behind the car.

Stop atleast 3 feet from the car in front of you and always watch behind you.
1) If the approaching car isnt paying attention you atleast have a chance to move and not get sandwiched.
2) Breathing carbon monoxide isnt the best choice if avoidable.

51.) FLASHING YELLOW LIGHTS. ive seen just as many law abiding slow riding motorcycle operators DIE due to idiots thinkn a flashn RED light means slow down vs. treating as a stop sign when the motorcycle operator has a flashing YELLOW light ASSuming the car or cement mixer is actually gonna stop at the flashn RED light vs. treatn it as a YELLOW light and slown down.

After riding thru the crazy traffic in the Philippines, weaving in and out of cars and 18 wheelers, watching people die from no common sense of just pulling out in front of cars because stops signs do not exist in the province nor do speed limits. In the city it is different due to the ungodly traffic. But one thing I always loved was motorcycles have the right of way. If you go into the other lane with cars coming at you, as long as you are staying towards the center of the lane you have the right of way. Also honking while passing people letting them know you are going to pass was nice as well. I came back to the states and tried doing that and it incited more road rage and people flipping me off. Its ashamed we do not do that hear because it does save lives.

Back