Rearended at 50 + mph

KrunkyTB

Registered
Yeah, had my busa 2 weeks and got rearended by a guy speeding 10+ over that wasnt paying attention.  I somehow managed to keep the bike up! Both exhaust were trashed, subframe for rear seat is twisted and both back footpeg assemblys holding the exhaust snapped.  Rear plastic is cracked but i think it can be repaired for now.  What i wanted to say is you always here stories where someone wrecks and not wearing a helmet cause you were going short trip around the corner, well thats where i was going, around the corner.  To make things worse the guy took off after i pulled off side or road! I did not get liscense plate number or nothing.  I found most parts i need on ebay for around 400bucks so not really worth claiming on insurance with 1k deduc.  I cant really tell you the technique of keeping my bike up, i remained calm and i think i was really lucky that he hit me in right spot and lurched me forward.  All i want to say is WEAR A HELMET no matter how far your going, its not worth it, even if you are a good rider, i didnt even see this guy coming in my mirror was all to quick.  Bent his steel bumper in shape of " V " so he hit me pretty hard, sore back but really just upset cause bike is down with nice weather! Busa can take a beating for sure! And thank God there are plenty of parts on ebay!

(TXBusa05LE @ Jul. 21 2007,17:27) Questo filetto è senza valore senza immagini!
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

You gotta be looking all the time and have an exit plan! Remember, you are invisable to drivers; ride like they can't see you. Sorry about your mishap!
all_coholic.gif

Do you have an exhaust on your bike? It's hard enough for people to see bikes, its better if you have some rumble. They can atleast hear you.

Since putting on exhausts, I have been cut off much less and people are more aware that there is a bike around.

Louder pipes save lives. Not loud pipes, louder pipes, sometimes people want to kill you with loud ass pipes. I know I did one day when I was in my car and this A-hole with a Harley with an obnoctious exhaust was right next to me and I couldn't hear myself think. My windows were rolled up and I was loud. Like a mortar shell going off loud.

Sounds like a drunk driver hit you. That suxz. And come on, you think the guy that hit him would have heard a aftermarket exhaust. It doesn't matter, the fugging guy hit a bike from behind. If he cant see in front of him, he aint hearing ****.

(Big Red @ Jul. 21 2007,20:44) You gotta be looking all the time and have an exit plan! Remember, you are invisable to drivers; ride like they can't see you. Sorry about your mishap!
all_coholic.gif
i thought it's "ride it like you stole it"
rock.gif

**** man, if we're invisible you mean that I just spent $8G and won't even get laid cause chicks can't see me???

no seriously, always look around, always be prepared to extend the middle finger at those blind a$$holes!

I got reared on my first 06LE.  Not with the force of yours, but enough to total the bike, shatter my left clavicle, break a bunch of ribs, and generally PISS ME OFF.

Glad you're o.k.  Glad I'm o.k., too.

Wear a helmet...seriously.

12_09_06c_for_the_net.jpg

Here's another angle of the 'scene'.

I was 'joy' riding (as if there's any other type on the 'busa) through Beverly Hills the Saturday morning before the bike show at Long Beach. Needless to say, my weekend was (how-shall-I-say) cut short.

Bastard.

12_09_06d_for_the_net.jpg

Yeah that sucks, but good thing about being in columbus ohio, not many mercades around, would be a nervous wreck calling that into insurance. Hey what is a good way to repair cracked plastic? superglue in back and some fingernail polish in front to fill in crack what i was thinking, really no clue though, ordered my subframe and rear pegs on ebay so hopefully be riding again by end of august.

(KrunkyTB @ Jul. 26 2007,08:08) Yeah that sucks, but good thing about being in columbus ohio, not many mercades around, would be a nervous wreck calling that into insurance.  Hey what is a good way to repair cracked plastic? superglue in back and some fingernail polish in front to fill in crack what i was thinking, really no clue though, ordered my subframe and rear pegs on ebay so hopefully be riding again by end of august.
I have no idea on repairing plastics. Sorry.

On the tail end of my post regarding that accident...I'm not the letigious sort, however, I have a lawsuit pending against Mr. Mercedes...some 24-year-old who's family has more money than courtesy or brains, combined. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make any money off this incident; I'd just like to be reimbursed for my expenses and down-time.

According to my friend who luckily enough was around to take the pictures and interface with the emergency responders, the youngster was very upset about the new rims he'd just gotten for his car. Wah! I, on the other hand, was unconscious.

you're too nice, i'd sue so fast.... if it's not for the money or pain it's so that drivers start paying more attention to bikers...

till then they'll be paying me up big time if i ever get hit.

Sorry this happened and I'm so pissed at the number of drivers that will drive off after they see what they've done, see a rider being tossed around or pushed forward on a motorcycle...I couldn't live with myself, always wondering what happened to that guy or gal I hit
mad.gif

Glad you're okay and I'm sure the bike can be fixed easily enough...damage sounds tolerable...

(KrunkyTB @ Jul. 26 2007,08:08) Hey what is a good way to repair cracked plastic? superglue in back and some fingernail polish in front to fill in crack what i was thinking, really no clue though, ordered my subframe and rear pegs on ebay so hopefully be riding again by end of august.
Only way I have ever repaired plastic is a kind of plastic welding technique; get hold of an old fairing or seat unit and cut it into thin strips, get hold of a small flame plumbers gas torch (smaller flame the better !!!), from the back of crack weld up using torch (be careful not to use too much heat in one area for too long, as with sheet metal welding you only need a small pooling effect) and the thin strips as filling rod. Front of crack should be sanded to below level and filled using car body repair Isopon P.60 easy sand, Repaint.
Sounds long and boring but it will save a mint on new parts and it ain't that difficult, just take your time with the rubbing down and prep for paint and it will come out good, Hope this helps and good luck for August

Yeah, I would post a lawsuit as well, get enough to buy you a new busa as well as fix the old one, and cover lost wages, medical bills and dont close it, as with most accidents you could have problems that pop up later, and you dont want to have to pay for those either! People like that I have no remorse or pity for. Glad your ok! Be thankfull for that

Back