Questionable Shooting

If there was no fear that someone might do something to keep what they own or the police might round the corner at the right time (crime in progress many officers have not found one). Then everyone should just leave their keys in their cars at night and leave your front door unlocked when you leave home and assume your hard earned stuff is only yours for a few minutes. I am not discussing the case at hand but in general that deterrant or fear keeps the scales of justice balanced. Two people enter your home at night, which one is the woman and why is she there?? Was she kidnapped??

Last edited:
you should never let anyone know you have a gun unless your shooting it at them.

This is great in theory and in courtrooms, but I would rather brandish my weapon, save my property and life than to simply run out shooting at anything that moves. There are times where I feel that brandishing a weapon can serve a purpose. Understandably, the law can't define grey areas, so they choose to go for the conceal until fired clause.

If there was no fear that someone might do something to keep what they own or the police m,ight round the corner at the right time. Then everyone should just leave their keys in their cars at night and leave your front door unlocked when you leave home and assume your hard earned stuff is only yours for a few minutes. I am not discussing the case at hand but in general that deterrant or fear keeps the scales of justice balanced. Two people enter your home at night, which one is the woman and why is she there??
When it comes to personal defense, there is no question, I agree.

Last edited:
They're both thieves. Doesn't matter wich one was in the car or doing the thieving. I don't have any sympathy for thieves anymore. They are among the lowlifes in the food chain and the justice system has no proper punishment for them.

Thank God for Texas property laws.........:cheerleader:

Last edited:
I don't care how you phrase it, a vehicle is not worth somebody's life. Now I'm not saying that these people deserve sympathy, far from it. But as a person, we should value life above property, no matter what they choose to do with it. I will shoot you dead if you enter my home or my vehicle (while I'm in it.) But I will not kill someone for taking a material posession. However, I might brandish the weapon and provoke a confrontation, which may result in a shooting. There is a fine line, but the line exists.

This is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it, however, you can't force it on everyone else as a policy or a standard.. If someone drops a thief over material theft and is within the law, so be it. Don't steal, you won't die at the hands of the person protecting their property, period.. Pretty simple equation really...

... to each their own...
My life(to give or protect)...and the life of my own before all others...
my gun stays invisible (CCW) until I'm focusing in to take a life... no waving, no discussion, and no second thoughts.

That being said, will I kill over a pack of ding dongs? Of course not. But I won't judge anyone who chooses to if they feel those ding dongs are vital to the life they live. That is where I stand... if someone chooses to go down the road of theft, robbery, or any other crime perpetrated on another then they need to know that there is a price they may have to pay...perhaps THAT price will discourage them more than unsupervised probation.

Probably should have shot a few rounds into the air.

not to be an a$$...but this is one of the most irresponsible things for a gun owner to do, especially in a residential area! the slug WILL hit something, by firing carelessly in the air, there's no knowing for sure that it fill fall safely into a pond or dirt. as for the woman, they can shoot too, how did the shooter know for sure she was unarmed. guilty by association

This is great in theory and in courtrooms, but I would rather brandish my weapon, save my property and life than to simply run out shooting at anything that moves. There are times where I feel that brandishing a weapon can serve a purpose. Understandably, the law can't define grey areas, so they choose to go for the conceal until fired clause.

ok so if you show you weapon. they pull theirs and you get shot. slick idea. dont think ill be using that one. doesnt have anything to do with gray areas or any of that bs. its something to do with common sense. its a tool used to kill, in this form, not a threating device. people that believe the rule of showing or printing to threaten or intimidate shouldnt own a gun for defense. youll get yourself and others hurt.

i dont know any other way to say it. A gun is not meant to intimidate people.

they teach that law to prevent people from getting hurt and to keep people, i.e. people that feel the need to prove their manliness, from pulling a gun everytime someone gets in your face or insults your family, its a big responsibility if you cant handle it responsibly and within the guise of the law then you shouldnt carry or use it for defense.

if you feel a truck is not worth a life you should stay in your house and call the cops. if your not willing to defend your property with your life and their life in the balance leave it to the people that are.

CCW's in Vegas and Utah, shooting for 60 years, very pro-gun. In Nevada, you must
convince a jury that your life was in danger.

It's tough being a criminal in Texas.:whistle:

He might have to answer some tough questions on the female though. He better get a good lawyer for that one....and ask for a jury trial of his peers.

CCW's in Vegas and Utah, shooting for 60 years, very pro-gun. In Nevada, you must
convince a jury that your life was in danger.

most states are that way.

It's tough being a criminal in Texas.:whistle:

He might have to answer some tough questions on the female though. He better get a good lawyer for that one....and ask for a jury trial of his peers.

yea. thats where he might get it. she was in the car. he will go to court over it. i doubt anything will come of it though.

yep he is going to jail...last time i checked you cant shoot anybody for anything outside of your own residence unless your life is in jeopardy...

Texas is very different. He'll be no-billed by the Grand Jury and that'll be it.:firing::drooling3:

Sorry but today is a bad world. Like sheep we are for the lions.
Thieves are thieves. I don't care if he stole a piece of bubble gum.
String that POS up on Natl TV.
If you are the kind of person who would rob or threaten me for the 5 bucks I may have in my pocket well please speak into the microphone.
My .45 caliber mic, look closely cuz it will take less than a second to get 2 to the chest and 1 to the head !
I don't care anymore, you know why cuz they don't. I am a little more relaxed by myself but make a wrong move when I am with the kids or wife and Swiss cheese they will be !
I am going home to sleep at night and there will only be one story to be told....mine !

Not two days ago an elderly black gentleman was shot to death at Citgo 5 miles from my house.
It was 5 am in the morn and he had stopped to put air in his tire. He was found dead, gone , see you later, why ?
I live in a nice area and just like motorcycle accidents , things happen.
You can only do all you can to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
It is the good who deserve to sleep soundly at night even if it is at the cost of a few rotten POSs !

Whoa there....the guy was stealing items from his TRUCK. How is this deserving of being shot?

because he was stealing from the man. end of story. stealing food because you're starving is one thing, stealing tools to support your meth habit is another. lol at the guy shooting himself in the foot tho.

I was always told not to pull it unless you intend to use it. As others have stated, simply flashing a weapon will only get you hurt. For instance, if the accompliss was armed and the guy came out waving his gun to try to scare someone then boom...he's not only a victom of theif but also dead! He did the right thing. I agree that no vehicle is worth someones life...but that decision was made by the theif....not the victim who shot him! If you try to steal my property then you've just decided that your life is in fact only worth the property that you're trying to steal from me and I'll be more than happy to re-enforce your decision.???

IN THE FOOT! :rofl:

I mean "those poor theves, all they were doin was stealing :whistle: NAA FUNK UM:laugh:."

HAPPY NEW YEAR ANYWAY!:laugh:

I was always told not to pull it unless you intend to use it. As others have stated, simply flashing a weapon will only get you hurt. For instance, if the accompliss was armed and the guy came out waving his gun to try to scare someone then boom...he's not only a victom of theif but also dead! He did the right thing. I agree that no vehicle is worth someones life...but that decision was made by the theif....not the victim who shot him! If you try to steal my property then you've just decided that your life is in fact only worth the property that you're trying to steal from me and I'll be more than happy to re-enforce your decision.???

I just read this whole thread waiting to say exactly this, but you beat me to it. :beerchug:

I think he will have a hard time explaining the threat posed by the woman sitting in the car. He could have just as easily shot someone that wasn't even involved by mistake. He screwed up when he shot her. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get some time for her.

Gotta love Texas. Kill all the pro perp witnesses too. :thumbsup: I think he ought to be able to keep the guys get away car too. After she pays for blood and tissue removal.

Back