Questionable Shooting - ???

Sounds like a all around disaster to me ???

"We're told the 7-year-old boy, who was shot in the back of the head, does have life-threatening injuries"

WTF justifies this?

In Virginia, you can only shoot to protect human life, when lesser means wont work.

In Texas, you can sometimes shoot to protect property? correct?

Damn right its sad, even if the victims weren't children! The shooters must be extremely paranoid to keep a sign like that out front but that sign coupled with their actions make this assault attempted murder. Hopefully the seven year old with life threatening injuries will make it. The shooters need a lesson in what its like to be an American, and serve some real time for their actions.

2 people are going to the pokey and may even get a death sentence..you watch, people arent gonna stand for these children getting shot...

yup...this one is for the pro-ban crowd. sad indeed. can't see them getting away with this one. yes, in Tx you are allowed to protect property at night...but by property, it is more like valueables,livestock,crops...crap like that...not trespassing & peeing. just like the squids stunting in traffic gives sportbikes a bad rep, this one gives gun owners the same

I would never use deadly force unless I felt I was in danger. That one is not justifiable.

Best wishes to the victims. I hope the child makes a full recovery.

Couldn't have been a better stereotype than that pair of hillbillies. What a shame, looks like a couple of alcoholics messed up bigtime.

Couldn't have been a better stereotype than that pair of hillbillies. What a shame, looks like a couple of alcoholics messed up bigtime.
yep...

guess "trolling" for gun owners did not work here...

If it's as plain and simple as the article makes it look... Throw away the key... or throw the switch. Just throw something!

..not justified. Hope the little one is ok.

....property can be anything being taken and not able to be recovered by any other means...car, jewelry, yard ornamnent, even a basketball...other words you are putting a price on a life.

Just because you CAN shoot someone doesn't mean you SHOULD...whether it's legal or not, once you pull that trigger you can't take the bullet back, and you are legally, ethically, morally and FINANCIALLY responsible for wherever that bullet goes. I hope this couple takes a good hard look at themselves in the mirror for shooting a 7 year old CHILD. I wonder if they have any children or grandchildren themselves.

Not good, prayers out for all that was shot.

here's a tidbit of insite...hopefully they'll get 3 hots & a cot for a long time...got this off msnbc.com

The victims said Coffey and Cammack took a county road to a residential levee in the Westlake subdivision near the Trinity River.

According to an 11-year-old boy who was also with the off-roading group, they did not stop on the levee but by the side of the road, DeFoor said.

Shortly afterward, DeFoor said, the shots were fired from about 40 yards away. DeFoor said the victims were unarmed.

"The levee is not private property, it belongs to the subdivision," said DeFoor. "Even if they were on the levee, it's not a shootable offense. It's ludicrous to shoot someone for going to the bathroom on the side of the road."

yup...by their mug shots, I think Gale is short for Billy Jo Jim Bob...and was thinking they were raiding their secret stash:whistle:

Back