Questionable Shooting - ???

In Missouri you cant shoot someone to protect your property; only to repel deadly force. If you shoot someone stealing your car you are in big trouble here. However, if they are attacking you its a freebee...shoot away ! I have a CCW and carry almost always but I am very cautious. The last time I pulled out my pistol was when a loose dog (pit bull) was threatening me. Lucky for him he didnt attack.

In Missouri you cant shoot someone to protect your property; only to repel deadly force. If you shoot someone stealing your car you are in big trouble here. However, if they are attacking you its a freebee...shoot away ! I have a CCW and carry almost always but I am very cautious. The last time I pulled out my pistol was when a loose dog (pit bull) was threatening me. Lucky for him he didnt attack.

The dog probably just wanted to sniff you or have you pet him.

Latest update, the 7 yr. old died from the shotgun pellet to the head. Guess the charge will now be elevated to murder. Texas is no place to be convicted of murdering anybody, especially an innocent child. These two are going to get a lot of time behind bars to consider their actions. So very sad that an innocent has had to pay with their precious youing life.

http://http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30650051/

I couldn't pull the trigger on a kid even had a right to. How much of a threat could they have been.???

Pretty sad, more senseless tragedy from nonsense situations. What are people thinking to justify this kind of crap? I'm not sure 3 squares and bars is the proper way to bring value to this kind of action. Little 'lectric soup oughta be served up here, two servings of the stuff.

In Texas the use of Deadly force laws are pretty cut and dry. This is a case of people who are incapaible of understanding what the laws of society demands.
The use of deadly force is like a spare tire...... you don't carry it because you want or intend to use it but if you do need it there is no substitute.
All you have to do is watch cops and you'll see stuff like this everyday. It just gives good law biding citizens a bad name. All I can say izz WTF!!!!!!!

I hope they get the maximum and judging by their means, I doubt they could hire a lawyer capable of mounting a viable defense. Odds are that the DA goes for Murder but they get convicted of a lesser charge like manslaughter. Sucks either way for the poor kid. This ought to serve as a lesson to folks in TX as to what constitutes a justifiable property defense action.

Need to have some kind of requirment to own a gun. At least pass a basic common sense test. Who was the first President of the US? What is 2x3? What are the last 5 letters of the alphabet? How many wings does a bird have? Lol! That could be entertaining to watch for some people actually.

Back