Questionable Shooting

I have not read through this thread so this may be a repeat of info. I did a little search of Texas self defense laws and I will be damned if not only can you use deadly force against the thief and their getaway driver but also to defend someone else property as well!

Deadly Force to Protect Property

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to pervent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonable believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"

...love that you posted the law... just another reason to LOVE Texas... it kinda softens the blow that its becoming Mexico North...

i can't believe the attitude of americans & guns , well from what i see on the news that is , no-one deserves to be murdered , most people commit crimes due to being sick in some way say through addiction . when i see on the news a gunman going out & shooting people in say a school or a cafe i think "when will they learn " only to hear a guy say if our kids had guns at school they could of defended themselves , i could only laugh in disbelief in what the man was saying . its almost laughable in some wierd way when a gunman commits mass murder & you see some americans coming accross as if they're upset when one of thier loved one's has been killed . i mean i just think if so many people have guns its prob best to think och well " another pal has died these things happen never mind ! "

i can't believe the attitude of americans & guns , well from what i see on the news that is , no-one deserves to be murdered , most people commit crimes due to being sick in some way say through addiction . when i see on the news a gunman going out & shooting people in say a school or a cafe i think "when will they learn " only to hear a guy say if our kids had guns at school they could of defended themselves , i could only laugh in disbelief in what the man was saying . its almost laughable in some wierd way when a gunman commits mass murder & you see some americans coming accross as if they're upset when one of thier loved one's has been killed . i mean i just think if so many people have guns its prob best to think och well " another pal has died these things happen never mind ! "

:flamethrowing:...."another newbie has died these things happen never mind"

Wasn't it in Texas a year or two ago a guy shot and killed a robber who had broke into and stole items from a neighbor of his. The guy called 911 was real pissed and told them to hurry up and get there or he was gonna do something. They didn't get there quick enough for him so he blasted the dude in the back with a 12 gauge. He died got charged with 2nd degree, went to a trial of his piers and got acquitted.

+1000 on protecting your property.

Someone's life IS worth my car/truck/boat/bike or your car/truck/boat/bike if they are going to try and steal what I've or you have worked our a$$es off to purchase.....

???

I bet I know of one truck that nobody has messed with lately :laugh: That will give your low life "car shoppers" some pause.... SOB might shoot me if I steal his stuff.... Good message to get out - I think. There are plenty of people, no harm in pruning back to good people within the law. +1 for Texas.

Europeans always miss the point. If you take guns away from killers, they will use knives. Take the knives away from killers, they will use stones. Take the stones away from killers, they will use their hands. If a person wants to kill, they can. You're advocating taking away a person's right to defend themselves against such an act. No wonder Europeans are falling prey to this sort of violence: Google

Like I said before this will only cause the criminal minded to get more aggressive. If they want it and you are possibly standing in their way. Their next move is to remove you from the picture.

On the same note it does not mean just lay there and take it.

Like I said before this will only cause the criminal minded to get more aggressive. If they want it and you are possibly standing in their way. Their next move is to remove you from the picture.

On the same note it does not mean just lay there and take it.

Well since they already are pretty much operating on the premise of taking "us" from the picture, I'm just happy to even the odds if that opportunity arises.

Back