Now taking donations

Google is just killing us.... They manage our ads and penalize us for slowness of the response even when THEY are the cause of the problem... We have been up and down back and forth for months with them....

1673012307847.png

Google is just killing us.... They manage our ads and penalize us for slowness of the response even when THEY are the cause of the problem... We have been up and down back and forth for months with them....

View attachment 1660059
Without any legend that graph is really hard to understand but basically that is the number of good URL's that Google shows is good on our site for mobile devices... Green is good, orange is not so good and red means they cut us off search results so our total volumes go down... The problem is that the slowness comes from the Google ads that they are serving us so we are in many ways just completely at their disposal with no real recourse...

This is what the desktop version looks like... We changed nothing on the site as these wild swings happen.
1673014325081.png

I have noticed in the last several weeks whenever I go to Google, the ads or links under the search bar are not related to anything I search for or sites that I go to, and it's just junk and adds.

I just hate where we are right now.....

Doug, don't ever be shy about asking for help. Our man-pride is over-whelming when it comes to such things. Sites like this cost real dollars to run, especially jokers like me uploading a zillion trip pics to your server. When I ran my own 36,000 member motorcycle forum, it got progressively more and more costly to run until the cost to run it didn't make sense anymore. When I had a dedicated server for the pashnit site, after 20 years, it got up to $400 a month in server costs. And, when stuff broke, it cost $100/hr to pay an IT guy to fix it. I shut the whole thing off and started over, rebuilding from scratch, which is taking years. I'm in the camp that this site shouldn't be a financial burden for you personally (mine was).
I hope this Andrew Jackson helps.

I am thinking about only leaving this open for 30ish days.. what do you guys think about that?

No. That's a stupid idea. Just leave it open all the time.

I have noticed in the last several weeks whenever I go to Google, the ads or links under the search bar are not related to anything I search for or sites that I go to, and it's just junk and adds.
I agree. I know we always joke around with people when they say They are getting X ad and everyone tells them, “oh, what are you searching on google that you are being fed those ads?”, but they make zero sense. I might get bicycle ad now and the next page is about chatting with Ukrainian older women and next about barn construction. Weird….

I agree. I know we always joke around with people when they say They are getting X ad and everyone tells them, “oh, what are you searching on google that you are being fed those ads?”, but they make zero sense. I might get bicycle ad now and the next page is about chatting with Ukrainian older women and next about barn construction. Weird….

Im glad it's not just me.
"Weird" is a good way to describe it.
I preferred their creepy stalking adds, lol

Maybe it's an ad for mature Ukrainian women willing to build you a barn <insert x-files theme song> who arrive at the build site all on bicycles. F@ck, I'll go sit in the corner again.

Done! Worked the 4th time but it worked. :)

LE: @captain Maybe you can try and make a banner to appear in the middle of the screen with this topic.

Or send an email to all of us.

Otherwise, many of us will probably not see it.

Last edited:
Back