Donations...... A few changes

When you have a fund campaign, can you set up a place where we can click and see how close we are to the goal?

Just a thought.

--Wag--

It's on the list, but it will need to be automated... We have worked hard to get us to the point where we don't have to touch anything for a campaign.... It is a good idea just like the others we put them in line and work to get them done....

Cap

Hey cAp - system apprears to work great - except it won't let me $#%$#%'ing donate!

sure wish I could donate to this, cap. Those who can, please do - MCM is a great guy and very deserving of this. Hopefully you guys arent done by the time im working again.

I'm in, and system still works fine :beerchug:

glad to be able to help

Cap, have you gotten all the guys and gals who are all thumbs, to put Bessie back together :rofl: :rofl:

Captain it worked out fine! Very easy and smooth!:cheerleader:

Shawn I hope you like it when they are done! Even though I am not close by to put in a helping hand... I am glad to help out in any way I can! I remember you and Omar helping out all the busas in 08's spring bash!

Oh Doug...do you still have pics of me at the dragon! Would love the shots you took! They did look good... Giving a Kilboy a run for his money!:thumbsup:

Worked great no problems at all.. :easy:

btw; thank you for getting rid of the page corner thingy.. :cheerleader:

One more thing to focus on differences. I'm all for helping out others when they need it, and when I can, but this is more like a bragging rights thing. "I'm a better member than you because I have more donation icons under my name." It's another way for members to segregate each other even more.

Why are we here in the first place? The Hayabusa.

Kudos for putting in the work to get it done. I know how it can be doing the sever work to make changes like that from my time being an admin on another board.

If you want to look at it that way then there isnt anything that I can do about that. Our intentions were to allow people to show their involvement in what they have chosen to participate in, nothing more nothing less. We very seldom (Its been over a year) that we have asked for any donations to go to the site that we would use for ourselves, the donations have been for members that needed help or for a project like this bike rebuild. If you want to call it segregation you can, I call it recognizing those that were involved. in a small way you may be right that I want to seperate each campaign, they are all good causes. Everyone gets the same donating member status when they donate the first time, the small icons only show what they donated to, if you see that as divisive then so be it.... There is no way that I can please everyone, as you can see I think most that have posted up did so and had no problems with the changes, if you have been an admin on another forum then you should know this and already understand why we want to publically show those that have donated to the causes...

cap

I'm certainly not trying to slam the idea. I guess I need to think about it for a while an see how it goes. I know the value of showing appreciation for people that help others. I guess this is one way to do it.

For some reason today it just rubbed me wrong. Might just be the meds.

Back