My new Kel-Tec SU16

HK-91 is still the way to go....
guns.gif

And Texas is still the best place to live!

Thrasher, OK here is the part you need. I just found it in one of my catalogs.

www.deltaforce.com
AR15/M16 Bipod adapter
Item number YH638

It's 29.95 plus shipping.

I agree with knifemaker. Ammoman has some great deals.

I get alot of my 223 stuff from www.sportsmansguide.com

I'm totally addicted to that catalog. They have just about everything that an outdoorsman would want.

Anyhow they have cases of .223 ss109 rounds for about $150 as case (1000) rounds. I'm not sure about california's laws, but possession of those might get you ass @ucked in the local slammer. However, they are a great round with excellent down range terminal, well, performance shall we say.

Another choice is "WOLF" ammo. Real cheap about $90/1000 rounds. However there are two trains of thought with wolf ammo. Use them alot or no way in hell.

One viewpoint deals with the laquer coating and the steel case. Some have reported that their ejector was affected by the steel to steel contact. This usually results in eventual failure of the weapon.

Some have reported that the laquer case coating builds up in the chamber, which leads to failure. Some say this in not as much of a problem if the chamber remains fairley cool. However, after long strings of fire the chamber gets very hot and when you pause shooting the laquer from the chambered round melts and coats the chamber. Round after round this coating could build up and change the dimensions of the chamber, which is a very bad thing.

The other viewpoint is using them is fine and no big deal, I agree. The point of owning a weapon is to become proficient with it. Well if someone seldom shoots because of the price of ammo, it's kind of pointless in my opinion. It's kind of like buying a busa and not riding it. Kind of hard to get good a something if you never do it, right.

Well I like to shoot. I have been using wolf ammo since they started imports in the 90's. It's a good round IMHO. Do I have any failures? NO. However, I also am a nut keeping my "toys" in proper working order and clean. A clean weapon is a happy weapon. So laquer build up doesn't seem to be an issue for me.

As far as ejector failure, well I could see that possibility happening. I'm have not had one wear out yet but it is theoretically possible. If someone does wear out an ejector they would have spent about $1000 on 10,000 rounds of ammo. Which means they would have saved probably $1000 from not buying the "name brand" stuff. An ejector for the AR-15 costs about $15. Well worth it in my opinion.

Sorry but I'm into firearms. In fact riding motorcycles could be considered a "second" hobby for me, god forbid.

Have fun, Chris

Sorry it is a lil blurry but this is a close up of my .22 rifle barrel it is carbon fiber

Attachments

• Guns_002.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 272
Here's another. My best shot group is 5 rounds all shots touching will fit inside of a quarter($.25) at 100 yrds. can't find the target but I will post it later.

<!--EDIT|henryace
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117578554 -->

Attachments

• Guns_004.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 284
Here is my AR-15 made by Bushmaster. C-More sight and Surefire M500a fore-end. The stock is telescopic.

Attachments

• Guns_005.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,142
And because I live in Florida here is my AR with a 90 round drum...
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• Guns_006.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 314
Nice Rifles everyone... schweeeet.....

Yeah, I dont think a drum would go over to well in California...
wow.gif

Thanks NCBusa2001 for looking that up for me

The Bipod I have is not a Harris, but it looks like one and it does attach to the stud on a sling mount, so it looks like that part will work.

I will probably order it today.

Thanks again.

if you love the kel tec (i have one and its fun as h e double toothpics to shoot ) you would love to shoot this one!!! one raged hole at 50 yards !!!!!!!! i did a trigger job on my kel tech and it really came out of its own with 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards i put a atm 2nd gen night scope on mine and a can. its great to shoot beaver and coyote with!!
That looks like a class 3 10/22.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117632582 -->

Glad I could be of assistance.

Henryace. How many rounds have you put through that drum yet? Any failures? Are you using brass or laquer cases? I have a beta C-mag for my little toy above. However, I would like to outfit the rest of my AR's with drums also. I paid about 300 for the beta so it would be cost prohibative. Yours I believe cost about 90, so that is more of an option for me, if they are reliable. Thanks.

Get outa that goofy state!  
no sh!t !!!   I got pulled over on I-84 east of Portland a few years ago, trooper asked for my license, I said I had a loaded gun under my seat, he said "I have one too, see?" lmao!!! no big effin deal!
Same deal here in Flori-duh. Got checked in the airboat, told the FWC officer I was carrying, he responded with a smile and "you're not going to shoot me, are you?" Never asked to see anything more than my safety equipment for the boat and the fish in the cooler.

well i think a lot of it is if ya have bad intentions your certainly not going to tell the cop ya have a gun. also if ya have a ccw permit it pops up soon as your plate is run also on drives licence information

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117685163 -->

Here is Alex with her built 10/22.  She is pretty good for an 8 year old.  Shot her first fully auto M-16 at age 6.  

Start them out right.
smile.gif
Chris

alex_1022sm__4_.jpg

Back