New IWB holster.

Gpmo

Registered
Just got my Comp-Tac M-tec holster in the mail. It's an in waist band (iwb). Thing is excellent looking, the leather is good same with the stitching. Adjustable tension, cant, and height. Plus the Kydex body is replaceable with other versions for varied carry models.

Thought some of you may enjoy a pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336257463.361405.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336257475.976117.jpg

It's tuckable also. Kindof pricey. But I don't want a holster box.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336257463.361405.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336257475.976117.jpg

What? Every carry owner has the holster box. :laugh: I like that one. I have been looking at a Max Tuck or UGB to replace my Cleveland.

Good looking holster I have a crossbreed holster and love it!!!! Wife took over the gun for it, so I guess she took it too but I need to get a new one for the 1911!!

one day i wil find a deep enough concealment holster for my 1911 every holster i find sits too high

kuntreeboy

I chose the Comp-Tac over the cross breed because the kydex can be replaced with a different one. That way i can carry my CZ or glock (eewww) or 1911 . Is the only reason this one was chosen over the crossbreed. The reviews are excellent on it also.

card16969
I read on the reviews that the Crossbreed and Comp-tac both deep conceal a 1911 frame really well. You may chek them out.

How many Holsters in your box twotonevert?

Nice looking rig. I like it. I'm just glad I'm still thin enough to be able to carry owb.

I've got three or four ammo cans full of holsters, some are old Bianchi Miami vice style that I used to carry my Delta Elite with and somewhere in there I've got an original WWI 1911 Army issue holster.

kuntreeboy

I chose the Comp-Tac over the cross breed because the kydex can be replaced with a different one. That way i can carry my CZ or glock (eewww) or 1911 . Is the only reason this one was chosen over the crossbreed. The reviews are excellent on it also.

card16969
I read on the reviews that the Crossbreed and Comp-tac both deep conceal a 1911 frame really well. You may chek them out.

yeah i had one for my xd before i sold it... im waiting to try out my buddies 1911 crossbreed... i like the handle right at belt level... my .380 is actually completely concealed behind my belt and love it my sr9c is right at belt level and i want the 1911 right there as well

kuntreeboy

card16969

I have 4 or 5, almost got a shoulder rig last night when we were at Bass Pro. I keep looking at the so called "concealment" holsters that are OWB. Where in the world are you supposed to hide a pancake fobus, or serpa holster that is OWB? I have 1 and there is no way I can wear it like it was meant to be worn and conceal anything. So, my Cleveland is my favorite for now.

I'd have to buy all new pants to carry IWB - or lose 20 lbs i guess.

Love the looks of that holster. Keep us posted on how the dyed leather does with sweat, etc. do they offer a horsehide one? I have like 5 Cleveland's holsters and I love em. I too can't imagine carrying owb.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm going to have to take a look at the Cleveland holsters. They must have something going for them...... Looks like a holster box is inevitable.

When you guys are riding do you carry IWB or in a tank bag or jacket pocket?

I will keep you informed on how the holster does. Right now I am limited to the house until my permit shows in the mail. It's been a bit over two months now so should be any time.

Tankbag for me when riding. I like spine a little too much to carry on the waste when riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I have been looking at Crossbreed and Silent Thunder IWB holsters. Now I have a third choice to look at. I really like the feature of being able to change the Kydex on the leather though.

Bodygard .380 fits in front pants pocket without printing..

This is how I carry my 9mm Kahr CM9, but I am not comfortable with reaching into my pocket with the very small chance of the weapon firing. I know the chances are very slim, but there is that chance. Also, I like the idea of the weapon being secured in one spot at a specific angle on my person. I had looked at pocket holsters as well, but none seemed like something I would use on a regular basis.

Nice looking holster! I like the adjustability. :thumbsup:

This is my everyday carry. Glock 33 in a Galco KingTuk holster. I really wish I had something with adjustable retention and more coverage across the trigger guard. This is fine for normal carry, but I think the neutral retention makes it unsuitable for anything very active like riding the bike.

Glock KingTuk.jpg

Glock KingTuk.jpg

Back