New IWB holster.

Wear one size larger shirt. I usually wear an xlarge but get all mine in xxlarge so it lays out and covers better.

But then I would look like I was wearing a tent. You are much taller than me. Let me look into it a bit.

But then I would look like I was wearing a tent. You are much taller than me. Let me look into it a bit.

being a bigger guy ive learned its actually harder for me to ocneal than skinny guys lol, wear a bigger shirt 1 size larger pants will help with concealment but honestly the biggest thing that makes a difference in concealment is a good gun belt... it keeps it where it needs to be

I've been contemplating looking into button ups and such. I don't care for wearing vests like some do and prefer jeans and a tshirt. I may have to look into other carry pistols. First need to get a .22 rifle for the wife and I to plink with.

Love hearing this stuff from other riders. The guys in my local gun/tactical shop don't ride or realize the difficulties of proper carry while enjoying my primary hobby.

being a bigger guy ive learned its actually harder for me to ocneal than skinny guys lol, wear a bigger shirt 1 size larger pants will help with concealment but honestly the biggest thing that makes a difference in concealment is a good gun belt... it keeps it where it needs to be

I heard this a couple times. What's the difference between a normal belt and a gun belt. I normally wear an 1/8" thick 1.5" wide leather belt.

Amen to that. Folks often buy expensive holsters but get cheap on the belt. A nice thick one or reinforced one will keep the butt in and against your body. There is a big difference in a purpose built gun belt and a regular dress belt.

Kholster or Fobus for me. Have used both for riding and both do a good job. The only thing I notice is Fobus kind of catches on bottom of jacket.

Another thing i been looking at is how big an Issue printing is. I know we have a few LEOs here that maybe able to shed some light. I know the point is to conceal and keep it covered but i imagine that printing will happen in the real world. I have been looking over Colorado laws and not finding an answer to if it is considered brandishing or not. Maybe i'm just being overly sensitive to it at this point but better sure than not sure. Would it be out of line to step down to the Sheriffs Dept. and ask them?

Also after wearing it around the house i think i have it dialed in. I feel most comfortable at the 3 O clock position with a slight forward cant. It really only prints if i bend over or sit down.. which is why i am concerned.

Thanks again for all the responses i have a few more holster websites bookmarked (including tigerracing :p) and a wife shaking her head and hiding the credit cards. :laugh:

In GA it is not considered brandishing if you can see the weapon under your clothing. You would not be out of line by going or calling the Sheriff and asking them directly. They may refer you to a weapons training officer of some sort, but it should not be a problem at all.

Florida has 'reckless display of a firearm'. Say if someone sees the print or muzzle sticking out as you bend over in Walmart and complains or possibly freaks out. Cops come check you out, alls legit and just an accident and misunderstanding they can write you a $25 ticket for 'reckless display'.

But honestly I challenge anyone to put a brick yes a brick under their shirt and see how many people actually notice it. The majority are horses with blinders on just going down their own path. I used to carry a full size 10mm Delta Elite in a Bianchi Miami Vice style rig under a open short sleeve shirt. Thing was huge and I was and still am skinny. In fact I think lengthwise the gun was wider than I :) carried it for yrs and nobody ever said anything.

In Wisconsin we don't have to worry about printing. We just go from Concealed carry to Open carry if we "print."

Now as far as the gun belt is concerned, I've switched to a 5.11 tactical belt, and I'll never go back to a normal belt again. I haven't had to "adjust" my pants in like 3 months!! I love this belt.
My firearm NEVER moves, and the position is always where its supposed to be!!
Love it!

Our CCW instructor made it seem like we lose our open carry ability in CO if we get a CcW. But I can't find anything on it. I think he may have just been trying to nail it into our minds that CCW means concealed and not to print. But CO is an open carry state also.

I've been reading that this is standard concerns from someone just starting to carry. I'll feel like everyone and their dog is looking at my side for a pistol.

You will have that feeling for a week or so. Once you get used to carrying that feeling will go away. Its like, "I have a secret" when you first start to carry. No one has noticed me carrying and I carry a large frame "brick". :laugh:

This is how I carry my 9mm Kahr CM9, but I am not comfortable with reaching into my pocket with the very small chance of the weapon firing. I know the chances are very slim, but there is that chance. Also, I like the idea of the weapon being secured in one spot at a specific angle on my person. I had looked at pocket holsters as well, but none seemed like something I would use on a regular basis.

I don't carry one in the chamber. But as long as I can get two hands on it, I've gotten fairly decent at charging it while bringing it out/up. Not perfect, but better than the alternative.

After you carry for awhile, the "I'm secret agent man" feeling goes away and it becomes more natural - then it's like, "ok, wallet, keys, phone, gun - yep I'm ready to leave the house now"...

I don't carry one in the chamber. But as long as I can get two hands on it, I've gotten fairly decent at charging it while bringing it out/up. Not perfect, but better than the alternative.

After you carry for awhile, the "I'm secret agent man" feeling goes away and it becomes more natural - then it's like, "ok, wallet, keys, phone, gun - yep I'm ready to leave the house now"...

'excuse me mr bad guy please gimme an extra second as my chamber is empty :)'

C'mon Keith just put one in there NOW! Might as well carry a rock and whip it out and throw it at them if your not gonna carry one in the chamber. Milliseconds count when lives are on the line. In the instant heat of the moment counting on being able to draw and rack a slide and then be on target quickly is difficult.

Back