New Piece for Concealed Carry

glock26.jpg

My preference for off duty carry.

I have a Kel Tec 380. Fits nicely inside my leathers, & the weight is minimal. I use Mag Safe rounds & no problem.

9mm = little hole
.45 cal = BIG HOLE
of course placement IS everything!

9mm = little hole
.45 cal = BIG HOLE
of course placement IS everything!

I usually just pass on gun posts but I have to through in my two cents worth.

Colt Combat Commander .38 Super Automatic, I am a pretty good size guy and I have never worried about concealability with the right holster.

you do know the .380 and 9mm is basically almost the same round? nice carry piece either way. i persoannly carry the smith and wesson Sw-99 .40 Compact

Ballistics between the .380 and a 9mm are VERY different...as for available ammo and energy...not even close.

???

That's a nice looking weapon. I have had my Kel-Tec P3AT for about 3 years now, and it's a good little weapon. If it's like mine, it'll have a bad attitude for the first 100 rounds or so, but then it'll get straightened out real nice. Congrats!
:beerchug:
Same with my P3AT...except bad attitude doesn't begin to cover it :banghead: The things a downright pita to break in :cussing:
I purchased a S&W 38 ultralite CC with laser sight as a back-up to the P3 ;) Now THATS a nice handgun :thumbsup:

Kimber Ultra Carry II 45acp with tritium sights and Tracer Laser Grips in a Versa Max II holster. Don't leave home without it.
PPK/S .380 when I'm in shorts and T-shirt. The names Bond, James Bond.

Got a chance to take the Kel-Tec to the range today.

Shot three different variations through it. Winchester subsonic 147 grain JHP, Remington 147 FMJ and Speer 147 gold dot.

All three shot well in it with zero problems. Shot around 125 rds through it total with zero malfunctions. No problems at all with accuracy, of course it doesn't shoot as well as some of my better built weapons but I expected that. It was bought with a specific purpose in mind and it seems as though it will fit that purpose perfectly.

Recoil is sharp and harsh so it won't be a good fit if you are recoil sensitive. Has a bit more muzzle jump than I'm used to but had no problems hitting center mass with double and triple taps at 15 yards and center mass at 25 yards also not a problem.

Trigger isn't bad but far from great, acceptable for what it is and what I will use it for.

Overall I'm pleased with it and don't have any complaints.

glock26.jpg

My preference for off duty carry.

I've got multiple Glocks in various calibers from 9mm to 45 and they are by far my favorite guns. I carry Glock on duty and frequently off duty. The Kel-Tec however was bought because I wanted something slim, light and small and Glock couldn't compare to it in those areas. It's not a Glock but it will serve it's intended purpose well. :beerchug:

I carry the Kimber Ultra CDP II. After shooting the Kimber, I find it difficult to take the Glock out of the safe. Don't get me wrong, Glocks are all I've ever carried until now. The difference between the Glock and the Kimber is astounding.

I carry the Kimber Ultra CDP II. After shooting the Kimber, I find it difficult to take the Glock out of the safe. Don't get me wrong, Glocks are all I've ever carried until now. The difference between the Glock and the Kimber is astounding.

I've owned several and shot even more, very nice weapons indeed and they shoot great.

On that I still choose to carry a glock for duty use. Better magazine capacity, more durable and not as finicky about what ammunition you put in them. With my G20 I carry I can carry one extra mag and have 31 rounds of massive power on me at all times. The other thing that I didn't like about carrying the Kimbers that I owned was that about mid day I could look down and every one of them would be off safe. I know it still has a backstrap safety but when it's cocked and unlocked it just makes me a tad nervous.

The other major problem, I'm left handed so for a 1911 frame gun I have to have an ambidextrous safety or spend more money to have it converted over for left hand use.

And on that I've got a custom made left handed Kramer horse hide holster that I bought for my desert warrior when I had it that I would let go at a more than reasonable price if you happen to fit into that left handed category.

Back