Musicians show your gear

Impressive collection of gear you have there dj! I looked at a mixer and powered speakers, but I'm in good shape in the non powered speaker department and I need to use what I have. I have had a powered mixer for more than 15 years, and have never had a problem with the peavey I have. What do you find as a negative with a powered mixer?

Powered mixers always scare me. So much to go wrong in 1 bit of hardware. Problems I've had have only been - hot hot mixer, heavy heavy mixer. Often limited feature set and sonic quality because they are aimed towards entry level. Biggest peeve though would by lack of modular(ity?). Not modular, and if you've worked production for a little while, you learn that cutting and pasting gear all over the place in different configurations in essential.

A QSC blew smoke across my stage a few months back, easy fix was to go mono and use the FOH amp to do monitors on 1 channel. Couldn't do that with a powered mixer!

this is only a small fraction of our equipment I drag around to dj with..but so far its...
2 macki srm 450's
2 macki dual 15 inch mid high cabs 1200 watts each
1 ev mtl18 2000 watt sub with crown k2 amp
4 laser course lasers
4 high end system emulators
4 martin mx10's
1 1$18,000 mobile laser
2 10 foot by 8 foot video screens...5 video projectors
32 feet of truss
mac book pc
denon 1700 mixer
denon 5500 player
800#s of wires..lol
fog machines
mics
dbx processors ect
U name it we prob have it...more stuff then most 7 piece bands..i have 3 roady's just to set up for my video dj shows:laugh:

THAT, my friend is crazy. And to DJ?! Deeply impressed...

Just got this a week ago. American Fender Start HSS. I also picked up the Line 6 IV 150 amp and MKII to go along with it.

M

Guitar 5.jpg

Guitar 2.jpg

Impressive collection of gear you have there dj! I looked at a mixer and powered speakers, but I'm in good shape in the non powered speaker department and I need to use what I have. I have had a powered mixer for more than 15 years, and have never had a problem with the peavey I have. What do you find as a negative with a powered mixer?
we have installed alot of them over the years in churchs and schools always semm to get buzz and hums in them..the peavy however is much better then the electro voice

we have installed alot of them over the years in churchs and schools always semm to get buzz and hums in them..the peavy however is much better then the electro voice

You know, thats why I love this place and you guys. No matter what you have a question about, the org members are always there to help. :thumbsup: I took your advice and bought the Peavey unpowered 20 channel mixer with the usb port for recording to the computer, another pair of Peavey speakers with 15" and horn, and a 1600 watt amp to drive the mains I couldn't be happier with the sound. Whisper quiet, no hum or buzzing, an clean clean sound. Thanks all!:thumbsup:

You know, thats why I love this place and you guys. No matter what you have a question about, the org members are always there to help. :thumbsup: I took your advice and bought the Peavey unpowered 20 channel mixer with the usb port for recording to the computer, another pair of Peavey speakers with 15" and horn, and a 1600 watt amp to drive the mains I couldn't be happier with the sound. Whisper quiet, no hum or buzzing, an clean clean sound. Thanks all!:thumbsup:
:poke::thumbsup:

Just thought I would post my new synth to this thread. It is a blast to play! It is built to perform rather than recording. Real easy to tweek and sounds awesome through the PA. Any more gear heads out there?

PS60-xlarge.jpg

wana have some real fun..if that synth does midi...you can run virtual dj or something similar and map the keys to do various tasks on the software...its alot of fun when u can play a note and the video will change or lighting will change etc each time u hit it

i have amazingly VERY FEW pictures of my gear.... surprised me... thought i had a bunch somewhere..

anyhow, i play upright bass in rockabilly and psychobilly bands etc....

bass2.jpg

The List:

1 3/4 1970's Englehardt Upright
1 3/4 1910 Carved German Upright

G-K head w/ 4x10 1/2 stack

I know squat about instruments,but gotta tell ya,a Fender Geddy Lee signiature jazz bass sounds like the dope.

You got a lot of cool shi7 Hal. :thumbsup:

RSD.

Ibanez 540s7 one of around 450 made and the Schecter Hellraiser C7.
MooseAmp handbuilt custom preamp powered by Rocktron.

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

DSC00393.JPG

IMG_0365.jpg

Moose.jpg

Nice photos & equipment so far. Keep them coming!

I can't begin to count how many times my gear made extended stays in one of Tulsa's pawn shops as I struggled to support myself while financing my education. I vividly remember three occasions when I was crawling around looking under furniture for pennies & nickels so I could scrape up enough money to buy a can of biscuits for dinner.
At my peak, I had two of these Peavey Butcher half-stacks. 120 tube watts each. Some gigs I'd spread them apart and let the GSP-21PRO provide stereo effects. Sometimes I'd stack them on top of one another if the ceiling was high enough and I had a ladder or chair to use to get the second head on top of the full stack.

One of my half-stacks was sold, along with my B.C. Rich Warlock, to pay for some of my flight lessons back when I was getting my private pilot's license.

The guitar is my 16-year old Ibanez 540s. The second photo has a quarter taped to the side of the body for scale. In some places, the body is thinner than a dime - yet the body is amazingly dense.

4998224227_3a7ace253d_b.jpg

4998224335_fb03a5222e_b.jpg

The color on this one is SO nice, great guitar too :thumbsup:

Well, this is a few years old, but its an ok pic of my 5 string and my stack.

I also picked up a sterling 34" scale a few months ago. Pics to come if I feel like it.

BTW, we should have a .org jam band for the next bash!

Good topic - I've always had 6 string electrics to make noise with . Newer laptop , i'll find some guitar pics. Vox AC50CP2 with 2-12's and such. Never played in a band. Not good enough.

Anyone been checking out Phil X, Bon Jovi tour and all that ? His general just self being is infectious . Here's Phil being Phil - he's 45yrs old

- ‪Phil X in St. Louis‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back