Well?..Had Our Big Jam Last Night..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
and?...the keyboardist (who usta tour w/ and open up for "Cheap Trick") called but..never showed..had some family issue to deal with..however...Gary Kwek (Sax Player For "The Tempations" and numerous other Motown/Jazz/Blues type stars) did show...with several saxaphones...I was on my 15 year old, $199 made in mexico Fender Strat playing over a two channel peavey special 130 while my bass player was thump'in his Peavey Dyna Bass w/ my Roland TR-505 Drum machine programmed for several hot jazz/bles/rock "fusion" type of music and?...Gary Kwek blowing on the brass and...omg...

wow.gif

the three of us?...

we rocked the house...........big time.  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I had brought my sony handycam with me thinking i might record the event but...then figured that Mr. Kwek might possibly be a tad aprehensive so i never broke it out..but the good news is?.....he dug my fusion/jazz/blues/rock leads and back-up playing...we were clicking big time and my bass player never missed a lick...spent the evening free jamming...trading leads back and forth with a pro sax man...who told us to keep him posted and that he'd like to come back and play again...and he lives 50 miles north of us in sebastion.

Fun Night....and now i'm thinking that maybe i should go ahead and upgrade my 15 year old $199 guitar...to one of these...

http://www.rondomusic.net/product1112.html

all in all?...i don't care what (if anything) comes of it...we had a blast tearing it up last night.  
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Rock on Brother!
super.gif
Sounds like one heck of a jam session but no video or even a sound clip? I understand the apprehension with a pro sax man and all but a short sound clip for your Busa brethren would have been alright with him surely!!

Awsome jinx. Do yourself and go play a Schecter. They sustain forever and the price is very resonable. Or if your want to really ruin the feel of any other axe, go play a high end Paul Reed Smith! Sounds like fun!

(GSXTacy @ Aug. 04 2007,06:13) Awsome jinx. Do yourself and go play a Schecter. They sustain forever and the price is very resonable. Or if your want to really ruin the feel of any other axe, go play a high end Paul Reed Smith! Sounds like fun!
actually?..."Agile" is a new guitar manufacturer out of korea...and they are making LesPaul & PRS copies who's playability and craftsmenship rival (if not surpass) the originals...at about 1/6th the cost.

Guitar Player Magazine had this to say about the Agile Les Paul...

"If you're going on tour? leave your expensive Gibson at home."

also?...the model agile i've selected (above) is a standard necked LesPaul w/ EMG 81/85 "ACTIVE" (not passive) pick-ups....they "sustain" forever or until the string stops moving...whichever comes first.

Triple bound neck/head/body w/ handfiled/tuned frets on an ebony keyboard w/ real abalone inlays and grover tuners....this is top shelf hardware at basement prices...you can spend more...but you may not get more...they are that good.

Now i just gotta work some extra OT and save up!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Sounds like a good time. I have been doing so much riding I have not been able to do much playing. I'm ready for some jamming myself. We need to get some of us players together for some jamming at one of the busa bashes. If you want to check out a Fender with sustain, check out the American Deluxe fat strat, I love mine.

(GSXcite @ Aug. 04 2007,11:53) Sounds like a good time. I have been doing so much riding I have not been able to do much playing. I'm ready for some jamming myself. We need to get some of us players together for some jamming at one of the busa bashes. If you want to check out a Fender with sustain, check out the American Deluxe fat strat, I love mine.
yeah...could you imagine?...

"Busa Jammers"

ROCK'IN THE PHILLIPS LIVE!

laugh.gif

(GSXcite @ Aug. 04 2007,16:53) Sounds like a good time. I have been doing so much riding I have not been able to do much playing. I'm ready for some jamming myself. We need to get some of us players together for some jamming at one of the busa bashes. If you want to check out a Fender with sustain, check out the American Deluxe fat strat, I love mine.
I bet we could fit my skins in that trailer with no problem!

Back