Musicians show your gear

groovy thread. i have a few gitfiddles. always wanted a small backpacker though. i played in a punk band for 13 yrs. my fellow bandmates went on to the lillingtons and other bands. i still have my 1st electric guitar. i swabbed crappers at the state fair for 2 weeks to get the $200 to buy my 1977 gibson 55-77. the case even holds the 1st $ i ever made a $1 silver certificate. i have moved away from the electric twards the campfire tunes. been playin a martin 12 string for a while now. maybe its time to break the 1/2 stack out of moth balls and make some noise. :thumbsup:

music is universal. keep playin.:beerchug:

Gotta love the Jinkster gears

Thanks! :rofl:

but enough clownin 'round... :laugh:

I currently have three axes...

AXES:

1. an acoustic/elec. CORT w/ Fischer electronics

2. A hollow body elec. all maple/blond Dean Palamino

and finally?...my fav..

3. An "AGILE" knockoff of a Black Les paul with real inlaid abalone and mother of pearl with EMG 81/85 active pickups...and it shreds through either..

AMPS:

1. Peavey Special 130w w/ Black Widow 12" speaker (transitor/studio/portable)

or?..for the big show jam/parties? (which i dont participate in anymore for obvious reasons :whistle: )

2. Mesa Engineering "Dual Rectifier" 4 channel 100w 6 Tube amp on a 4X12 cab. (much like the one a few posts up..actually?..exactly like the one a few posts up)...with a ZOOM pedal.

3. 600w Peavey Mixer/Amp running through a pair of Altec/Lansing speaker cabs...primarily for vocals and balancing out the drums and/or roland programable drum machine.

and here's a very dark, extremely poor cellphone pic of some of my shid..

STUFF.jpg

thats my "music" gear! :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I'm thinking we could have one heck of an org jam session at one of our meets!:thumbsup:

These pics are awesome. Really drooling over these. Lots of nice stuff. Here's my modest little bass rig. Ibanez SR400, Behringer 450 watt head and Hartke speaker cab. Bandless at the moment but hopefully starting something soon, my guitar player has a lead on a drummer. I like to solo practice on my Dean Playmate acoustic, then switch to the Ibanez for rehearsal and gigs. It's like removing ankle weights, the action and neck on the Ibanez are so sweet.

DSC01440.jpg

These pics are awesome. Really drooling over these. Lots of nice stuff. Here's my modest little bass rig. Ibanez SR400, Behringer 450 watt head and Hartke speaker cab. Bandless at the moment but hopefully starting something soon, my guitar player has a lead on a drummer. I like to solo practice on my Dean Playmate acoustic, then switch to the Ibanez for rehearsal and gigs. It's like removing ankle weights, the action and neck on the Ibanez are so sweet.

450 watts pumping through that 4X 12" speaker cabinet I bet will rattle the windows in your house!:thumbsup:

I can make some noise too! I guess I get it naturally. PDP Drums with zildjian A Customs and my Jackson.

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Last edited:
Hal and Chris i didnt even know that yall played, Very cool:thumbsup:

Used to make a lot of noise with these. Nowadays, most of them just collect dust, but I still play the classical on the lower right quite a bit.

the%20Axes.jpg

Used to make a lot of noise with these. Nowadays, most of them just collect dust, but I still play the classical on the lower right quite a bit.

Very nice, I have guitar stand envy!:laugh: What year is the les paul classic?

Very nice, I have guitar stand envy!:laugh: What year is the les paul classic?
Thanks, mang! That there is a Black Beauty-Les Paul Custom, that I got new in 1987. Showing signs of wear now (and tarnish) from a couple of years of gigging.

Do you play Shane? My son Matt plays drums too. He has been in several bands in the Seattle area.

Heck no, I aint got a clue when it comes to playing music, But i like to listen to it. :laugh:

Nice Universe you got there! :thumbsup:
I used to have the black one with the mirror pickguard, but times got tough and I had to sell it.

Nice Universe you got there! :thumbsup:
I used to have the black one with the mirror pickguard, but times got tough and I had to sell it.

Thanks man! I love the Universe, and to this day Im still looking to add a M/C one to the collection. That and a doubleneck 540S 6/7 string.

Last edited:
Any of you musicians have a recommendation on a mixer for live sound reinforcement? We need at least 14 channels for vocals, instruments and drums. I can't decide if I want to go with a powered or unpowered board. I have narrowed it down to a mackie, peavey, allen & heath, or phonic. The phonic board is powered, 1000 watts, and has a usb port for direct recording to the computer hard drive. The phonic model is the powerpod 18 plus, but it is so new on the market that I have not found any reviews online. Anyone have experience with the phonic line?

Sorry, no camera, ergo no pics, but you can go look up the stock pictures. :p

Ibanez RG7321
Squier P-Bass
Epiphone Valve Jr. that is currently non-operational (entirely my fault)
Digitech RP250

I've got other stuff, too numerous to mention.

With any luck, I'll upgrade with a small hand-wired tube amp and either a custom guitar, or Schecter V7 Hellraiser sometime in the future.

I also need to lay my hands on an extra-long-scale 5-string bass, so I can complement those low A's from my guitar.

Last edited:
this is only a small fraction of our equipment I drag around to dj with..but so far its...
2 macki srm 450's
2 macki dual 15 inch mid high cabs 1200 watts each
1 ev mtl18 2000 watt sub with crown k2 amp
4 laser course lasers
4 high end system emulators
4 martin mx10's
1 1$18,000 mobile laser
2 10 foot by 8 foot video screens...5 video projectors
32 feet of truss
mac book pc
denon 1700 mixer
denon 5500 player
800#s of wires..lol
fog machines
mics
dbx processors ect
U name it we prob have it...more stuff then most 7 piece bands..i have 3 roady's just to set up for my video dj shows:laugh:

17.jpg

2010-09-10 22.19.23.jpg

26917_1235457213594_1444129761_30521019_314665_n.jpg

36978_10150212371625307_668625306_12900893_6141600_n.jpg

27049_10150163534680354_590675353_11809706_4560506_n.jpg

36978_10150212371785307_668625306_12900896_6886907_n.jpg

201009032349000.jpg

201009241530000.jpg

201009241527000.jpg

46431_153762257984132_100000510769192_434600_7134330_s.jpg

photo.jpg

photo 2.jpg

11.jpg

P1040425.jpg

Last edited:
Any of you musicians have a recommendation on a mixer for live sound reinforcement? We need at least 14 channels for vocals, instruments and drums. I can't decide if I want to go with a powered or unpowered board. I have narrowed it down to a mackie, peavey, allen & heath, or phonic. The phonic board is powered, 1000 watts, and has a usb port for direct recording to the computer hard drive. The phonic model is the powerpod 18 plus, but it is so new on the market that I have not found any reviews online. Anyone have experience with the phonic line?
I have instaled a ton of macki and allen/heath boards over the years macki is a very good bang for the buck easy to use and has replacable faders and pots...allen and heath will sound a bit more warm though..im not a fan of powered mixers at all..its better to buy powered speakers then to go that route

Impressive collection of gear you have there dj! I looked at a mixer and powered speakers, but I'm in good shape in the non powered speaker department and I need to use what I have. I have had a powered mixer for more than 15 years, and have never had a problem with the peavey I have. What do you find as a negative with a powered mixer?

Back