MMI is out...

Ben,
When I am out of shape My back really hurts. It hurts laying down. It hurts to sit up. It hurts bending or leaning.
When I am in good shape, I don't really feel it as much or at all.

Ben,
When I am out of shape My back really hurts. It hurts laying down. It hurts to sit up. It hurts bending or leaning.
When I am in good shape, I don't really feel it as much or at all.
Some of my back pain is to being out of shape, but most of it is to Spina Bifida(sp?). I was born with a not too bad case of it, but a case nonetheless. My tailbone and lowest vertebrae are fused together on one side at an angle... Throws my whole back out. I've had a couple days where it decided to make it so I couldn't move my legs, but that was only 2-3 times in my life. I've gone to a chiropractor for years, but it doesn't do much, so I'm gonna try another kind of it. Instead of the "your bones WILL go here and here" method, this one is a gentle muscle movement which apparently works very well.

Wow! Okay... Sorry for generalizing. Didn't know about the Spina Bifida. That'll be a definite no-go.

Student loans, Local University, find something you love to do, then FREAKING DO IT...

Paying off loans sucks, but you can make real money with a degree, or at least make enough that you don't care what they've got you doing.

thumb_up.gif

become a nurse
I second the suggestion.

Great environment to work in.

Great pay.

Lots of jobs available.

Plus, Healthcare tends to reward people for having many different "nursing" jobs. Makes one, "more experienced". So if you don't like a certian specality, leave it and your resume looks better for it.

Just a thought,

Chris

Paying off loans sucks, but you can make real money with a degree, or at least make enough that you don't care what they've got you doing.

thumb_up.gif
Dude, this rule will apply to Networking. Guys make a bundle with a CCNA and a CCNP or the current hot ticket a CCVP. Then after a few years go for the whole shebang-a-bang and test for the CCIE. You'd be well into the $100K range by then in the states or $200k-$300k as a contractor overseas.

become a nurse
I second the suggestion.

Great pay.

Lots of jobs available.

Plus, Healthcare tends to reward people for having many different "nursing" jobs.  Makes one, "more experienced".  So if you don't like a certian specality, leave it and your resume looks better for it.  

Just a thought,

Chris
...guess they thought it was a joke.

Look in your local paper at how many job openings are in the medical field.  With a 2 year Community Degreee you can be inline for a well paid job.

...how about radiology?

become a nurse
I second the suggestion.

Great pay.

Lots of jobs available.

Plus, Healthcare tends to reward people for having many different "nursing" jobs.  Makes one, "more experienced".  So if you don't like a certian specality, leave it and your resume looks better for it.  

Just a thought,

Chris
...guess they thought it was a joke.

Look in your local paper at how many job openings are in the medical field.  With a 2 year Community Degreee you can be inline for a well paid job.

...how about radiology?
Thought about that. Also thought about Real Estate. I know the market's down now, but it's always up and down, and it's decent money. I figure, I still live with my mom, so get a Realtor position, work my butt off and sell sell sell, make some money over a few years, buy some property, either with a house or build one, and settle in... Of course, ideas can change given markets...

Back