While at MMI in FLA, I'm looking into

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, does anyone know if being a bouncer would be worth it pay in Orlando? I wanna be able to survive on 1 job while becoming leaneded in motorcycular transportating type thingys (the technical like term for them
ices_rofl.gif
) I've heard everything from "You'll take home $1200 a week EASY" to "It's not worth it, get a regular job"... So, who has the lowdown? Would I get decent pay as a bouncer in an area like Orlando?

The cash can be good with the right people, but not $1200 a week good. Maybe $350-500 a week if you work atleast 3-4nights a week.  

Since you don't blend into the crowd too easily, be ready to be a target for violence with drunks.   Short dudes will be trying to fight you constantly.  

Don't park your car where people can figure it's your ride.    Be smart, even the people that hire you to bounce aren't out for your best intrest. Stand firm and take no BS.  

If they say you get free food when bouncing, make sure the same management is still on duty when you ring up for the night. Otherwise you might of worked for free.  
If an ID seems fishy, it more than likely is.  Don't assume, it's your ass on the line.  
Be aware of your surroundings, that rowdy drunk guy you kicked out from the other night might back for a rematch.
Get know who's who and who is trouble. Know who to constantly watch.

Do not act a fool when boucing, you have to maintain a semi-professional attitude. I mean, have fun and flirt with the ladies, but know when it's too much. People don't respect a goofball, hence they don't listen when you announce "last call". Clearing the bar can be a real pain also.

I did a bouncer gig some years back... about the time I first met Brenda~ It was in Tampa, downtown, a college club near the University of Tampa~ It was about 14 years ago and I don't remember the pay being all that great, but the benifits were pretty sweet!  
firedevil.gif

I think it all depends on the club you work for and the kinda crowd it draws~ Orlando is a pretty big city, with the Mouse House and all that is around it~ I'd imagine you can find a good paying gig in that area if you look around hard enough~ If you do make the move this way... give us a holla~ We'll come see you at the club one of these weekends!  
wink.gif

Don't do it Son. Dad's been there,and done that.

Ain't worth it. Besides,you'll need those nights for studying.

Too many idiots out there Ben
argue.gif

DaD.

Thanks for the insight guys. Looks like if I bounce, I'll do it occasionally.

Greg, when I get down there, I'l let yall know.
wink.gif

i used to live in orlando. my brother still does. just talked to him today. gettin' pretty violent down there. the younguns' don't fight anymore-they shoot to kill. something to think about. your choice though.

(yamahor @ Jun. 08 2007,00:35) So, does anyone know if being a bouncer would be worth it pay in Orlando? I wanna be able to survive on 1 job while becoming leaneded in motorcycular transportating type thingys (the technical like term for them
ices_rofl.gif
) I've heard everything from "You'll take home $1200 a week EASY" to "It's not worth it, get a regular job"... So, who has the lowdown? Would I get decent pay as a bouncer in an area like Orlando?
What are you just crazy or out of your mind
rock.gif
You maybe bad tonight but! Bad don't cut it anymore! Orlando is as bad as L.A.
crazy.gif

(yamahor @ Jun. 08 2007,08:18) Thanks for the insight guys. Looks like if I bounce, I'll do it occasionally.
Yer not listening are you boy
zzwhip.gif

Dad said NO BOUNCING.

Don't make me call yer brothers GM and MRN9 to kick yer azz.

*Rubbah thinks for a second*
firedevil.gif
*Lets see if I can afford this trip*:

Air fare to Bens house $940.oo
Kicking in Bens door $310.oo (Home Depot)
Getting in the first few punches...PRICELESS.

The needed dental work and plastic surgery that I would require after geting in the first few punches...

$21,860.oo

Ben...all jokin aside... just do something else.

DaD.

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 08 2007,22:36)
(yamahor @ Jun. 08 2007,08:18) Thanks for the insight guys. Looks like if I bounce, I'll do it occasionally.
Yer not listening are you boy  
zzwhip.gif

Dad said NO BOUNCING.

Don't make me call yer brothers GM and MRN9 to kick yer azz.

*Rubbah thinks for a second*
firedevil.gif
*Lets see if I can afford this trip*:

Air fare to Bens house  $940.oo
    Kicking in Bens door     $310.oo (Home Depot)
   Getting in the first few punches...PRICELESS.

The needed dental work and plastic surgery that  I  would require after geting in  the first few punches...

$21,860.oo

Ben...all jokin aside...   just do something else.

DaD.
but... but... I got PYTHONS!!! They travel EVERYWHERE with me... I tell you what, those pythons are almost as big as my snake too... Sad story with my snake though, he only has one eye...

You're a freaking Clown......concentrate on school.  If the funds don't cover your needs then look elsewhere.  You can't perform in school with a broken arm or hand.....  Like BA asked, you got adequate medical coverage?

Think about it.

DD

bro, ive been doin security now for 5 yrs for some very high profile establishments and i can tell ya that u will not make enough money to cover the bills. most guys that bounce do it for the extra cash. im here to tell ya, it will be hard to find a place that pays over $80 a night. with most bars and clubs, unless ur the GM, owner, or bartender, u will not make jack shizzle. plus, late night bouncing and early morning school do not mix. ud make more money working at the local BP, I promise.

on a side note, people commonly think that bein a bouncer means bein violent. im here to tell ya, im my 5 yrs experience, i have had to throw a total of 2 punches. yes, with todays young crowd, they do pack. however, most of the major violence happens outside of the establishment. as long as it is outside, it is no longer your problem so stay out of it. the biggest thing i have learned when breaking up fights is to first never go into a fight alone. stay alert andfeel out the crowd. i can often times tell if a person is gonna be trouble within the first few minutes of them bein in my place. never go to the ground. get both parties seperated as quickly as possible and make sure they exit out of opposite doors. kill them with kindness. this doesnt mean that u laugh and joke because even though u wanna try to lighten up the situation, u still must be stern and to the point. if you walk into the place as a bouncer and you think ur billy badass, u are gonna get targeted and catch alot of problems with the unruley patrons. if you make yourself known in the establishment and respected and people think your a good fella, they often cooperate ALOT better than if ur jsut the azzhat there to choke em out and drag em out by the feet.

if u do decide u wanna get into the bar security, then give me a shout and i can help ya with anything u wanna know. ive done everything from security to asst. mgr. of a multi-million dollar revenue establishment in Cincinnati. there isnt anything about the bar or club that i couldnt tell ya.

take all this for what it is worth, but this is something i thoroughly enjoy primarily for the fact that you do actually meet some really great people from working in an entertainment establishment. not to mention, u can create a big network of people that know somebody who knows somebody that can help ya out with whatever you may need.

beerchug.gif

Back