Installed my self made risers

Yes- you can lower the bike this way.
cool.gif

yes one set set.

I am taking the other set to OK. for a give away if any one wants it.

(fsusux @ Sep. 09 2007,19:06)
(BlueHaya @ Sep. 09 2007,22:01) Just pry with a small screw driver.  Do it lightly.  They pop out.  You will most likely chip the cap a little...and they dont stay as well when reused.
Put a small dab of clear silicone on them when you re-install them.  Tested to hold @ 170+ !
if you put wet silicone in the bolts then apply the caps...you will never get the caps back off without damaging them again.

You would be better off adding a grease or anti seize.

(suzuki4life @ Sep. 26 2007,14:03)
(fsusux @ Sep. 09 2007,19:06)
(BlueHaya @ Sep. 09 2007,22:01) Just pry with a small screw driver.  Do it lightly.  They pop out.  You will most likely chip the cap a little...and they dont stay as well when reused.
Put a small dab of clear silicone on them when you re-install them.  Tested to hold @ 170+ !
if you put wet silicone in the bolts then apply the caps...you will never get the caps back off without damaging them again.

You would be better off adding a grease or anti seize.
I just installed 1" risers last night on an '07 busa and had no clearance issues or issues with cables/hoses.

I've read here that up to 1 1/4" are good, but before I fabbed mine, I stacked washers to find out how far I could go and I was only comfortable with 1.100" max.

Blue1

i took the little chrome covers off the bolts and through em in garbage . Cheap and cheesey looking IMO ,like something on a harley.

I would like to try the inch and a quarter units.. please let me know where i can find these..

thanks.

I did 1 1/4" and had no problem on my '07.

I used the same ones on a friends '07 and we had to reroute the choke cable.

Go figure.

Back