New risers

Thanks
smile.gif

Bob they will be on there way Friday ,Sent you both Pics and Installation Directions ,if you all need anything please contact me, you have my info. Jason I sent yours out today bro.
smile.gif

I am brand new to this board. in fact I will be picking up my first Hayabusa later today. Been riding a VTX 1800 so this will be an interesting change for me.

I offer this info in case it will be of help to Busa Bill with his riser configuration.

I know that you can use the genmar and heli bars in combination without having to change out any lines. together they give about 2 7/8". my understanding from a friend I trust is that the only thing he lost was the choke cable.

anyway, I'm wondering if going to 3" would be possible without having to change out the brake and clutch lines. I'd be interested in the greatest height I could get without having to replace any lines.

I am interested in purchasing the final product when it becomes available. please contact me directly at redliner100@yahoo.com

thanks

Thank you for your reply redliner100
Yea I had talked with a couple guys briefly about them using the 1.25"genmar and 1"5/8 heli bars together and yes they did say they were able to use the stock setup in lines and cables,my concern with this is ,you have maxed out your brake lines ,this could be very dangerous ,by taking all the slack out of the lines your now putting alot of stress and tension on the banjo fittings not to say they will not handle this ,cause frankly i'm not sure how much they can handle ,buy I know one thing I dont want to find out ..lol.
smile.gif
This is why I stayed @ 2" on the short risers. this way you can use you stock line and cables and still have a little relief in the brake lines.Now with my 3"1/4 risers the front brake lines will have to be replaced and the stock clutch line can be used if you tweak it but I recommend replacing it when you order your front brakse lines . all the cables i'm using is the stock ones for both set of risers ,you just have to re route the high idle cable . Your going to find out after riding the Busa that your going to want more braking power and replacing the lines with braided lines itself makes a huge difference, and if you add a good quality brakes to this equation then you have done to me to be one of the best mods that you can do to the bike .So to ansewer your Q: no the 3"1/4 risers will not work with the stock brake lines but the 2" will .Thank you again for your info.:)
Peace

2inch_Risers.JPG

thanks Bill for your quick reply.

will your risers include instructions for re-routing the cold idle cable and can you advise on what size brake and clutch lines should be ordered to use your 3 1/4" set up.

last question. any update on when you expect to make these risers available?

thanks again
redliner

There done and out for sale in the for products sale thread ,Thanks guys for all you comments

Peace

Back