New risers

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Just a little more tweeking and I'll have them Dialed in .Waiting on Front Brake Lines ..they will be here on Friday.
These are 3"1/4" prototype Risers That im making for myself . Dont mind the dirt and smudge mirriors shes usually cleaned up a bit . Making a 2"" set also.

Keep you updated

BP6131915.JPG

are you going to offer up some for sale after all testing is done?

Yes my plan is if there is a enough intrest i will look into having a run done on a CNC right now using a layeth and mill .I have a few hrs. time in these, im in the process of getting the girl ready for the Dragon Next week and put them thru the test .
smile.gif

hey bro give me better shots when ya get a chance, I can wire EDM me a set of them i am thinking....thats if ya want to share that great idea....

Alright guys its been long last 2 day's but i wanted to get ythese out to you . But first of all I would like to think the OH Mighty One up stairs above us all for looking out for my son ,He was in a Bike Accentdent Yesterday on his GRXR750 ,a truck stop suddenly and he swerved and hit the brakes which ended up kicking the wheel to the right and sendind him floundering on the ground into another lane and the bike ended up sliding about 35' or so underneath the truck .THANK GOD HE HAD HIS HELMET ON!!!!! ,it sure would had been a differnt story i would be telling you right now ,if I was able , but he came out ok they ran cat scan's ,mri's,Xray's and the works and didnt find any broken bone's.. just some major briusing and scraps he was only doing 25 mph ,it dont take a lot of speed to hurt yourselfes ,So PLEASE Everyone wear your gear .... when it hits home to someone you love ,like or what have you ,sometimes it could be to late . This is my boy for ya. he's already looking up parts ....True Bike Lover..LOL .So if you know anyone that has good Clean part resonable we will be looking here in the near future.

Thanks
Be Safe ,Shinny side up ...Peace

To my Mods

Looking forward to seeing the risers... I am still looking for something that works but doesn't cost as much as a genmar....

Thanks ranman,This was a Parents worst Nightmare i'll tell you all that after getting that phone call .

Glad to hear your son's OK. I have a friend whose son went down and will be allright but some broken bones, skin grafts, etc (he wasn't wearing full protection but fortunately was wearing a helmet).

I'm really interested to hear how your new risers are working. In particular, what kind of clearance do you have between the controls and the screen and gastank?

This may be exactly what I've been looking for!
idea.gif

The screen i had to notch which if you didnt know it you wouldnt even know i even alterd it ,very easy to do.tank no problems there full lock postion, probly 1" clearence and thats at full loc position which never be a fact in riding .I tell ya i love these things , like i said mine are 3"1/4" risers which you will have to do some altering things but no big deal to me because i love to work on my bike and customize stuff (R&D) you will have to buy new front brake lines ,the clutch was ok but i replaced it just to match the front lines ,cables rerouted , the wireing in front will need to be taken out of the little support clamp ,also the front brake switch wires need lenghtend . after all is done it was well worth it .Im going to make a 2" set of them and try them out to make sure everything is simple as can be for the change over. because some people will not want to do the Altering that i did ,and the height ,Thats why I think the 2" will work for most guys .

The screen i had to notch which if you didnt know it you wouldnt even know i even alterd it ,very easy to do.tank no problems there full lock postion, probly 1" clearence and thats at full loc position which never be a fact in riding .I tell ya i love these things , like i said mine are 3"1/4" risers which you will have to do some altering things but  no big deal to me because i love to work on my bike and customize stuff (R&D) you will have to buy new front brake lines ,the clutch was ok but i replaced it just to match the front lines ,cables rerouted , the wireing in front will need to be taken out of the little support clamp ,also the front brake switch wires need lenghtend . after all is done it was well worth it .Im going to make a 2" set of them and try them out to make sure everything is simple as can be for the change over. because some people will not want to do the Altering that i did ,and the height ,Thats why I think the 2" will work for most guys .
I'm planning to get some good SS brake lines anyway, so no problem here! Still interested in the 3 1/4" risers for long distance rides.

If you get a chance, some close-ups of the risers would be nice.
Thanks.

glad to hear your son is ok sorry to hear this but you are correct it can happen to any of us...

Back