Installed my self made risers

i raised my bars 1 1/2 inches didnt have to do any thing but take the break cable out of the holder clamp thing a good idea would be to adjust the brake and clutch master cylinders foward about an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch to clear the shield no turning problems whatso ever

It's a great mod....

IMGP4069.JPG

BlueHaya, got my spacers delivered today, Thanks again.
Now I just need to locate some 85 - 90 mm length bolts, any suggestions?

McMaster-Carr, unless you have a good local store.

I tried to go back with 1.25 pitch but in 10mm most have 1.5 pitch readily available in Stainless.

I went with Chrome Plated Steel in 1.5 pitch and also got 10.9 serated steel grade nuts and use red lock tight. Mine cost a bit more than the stainless ones but I wanted to get back to as close as original I could.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine.
beerchug.gif

I bought 10mm 1.5 pitch 90mm long socket head cap screws for the 1" risers. There is enough thread to use the sane for 1 1/4" as well. If you can find 10mm 1.25 pitch you could reuse the original nuts, there seems to be more availability of the 1.5 pitch which requires new nuts as well. I spent like 8 bucks shipped for the 4 bolts and nuts total. Fastenal.com

Nice !
bowdown.gif

Self made Rules...

I made my own also. They are two piece risers so I can go 15mm rise or 30mm rise (slightly less than 1 1/4").

I also made some spacers to fit the gap over the fork tube area..........

post_11_13974_DSC00597.jpg

Exactly what length are the stock bolts? I am going to machine these myself from hard anodized bar stock and
will order the bit I need for the counterboring, the rod and bolts from McMaster-Carr in one order, just need the stock bolt length so I can add the inch for the risers.

Thanks,
Blue1

Thanks, BlueHaya.

I've only had the 'busa a little while, are these machine
screws hex head under the decorative caps?

Blue1

(guido4512 @ Aug. 28 2007,05:37) Nice !  
bowdown.gif

Self made Rules...

I made my own also. They are two piece risers so I can go 15mm rise or 30mm rise (slightly less than 1 1/4").

nice

what is the O.D. of the tube you used for the gap over the fork tubes?

Blue1

(Blue1 @ Sep. 06 2007,08:59) Thanks, BlueHaya.

I've only had the 'busa a little while, are these machine
screws hex head under the decorative caps?

Blue1
They are metric socket head bolts with a button pushed in the top.

The stock has a 1.25 pitch, but it is hard to find a longer length in 1.25 pitch. I order new bolts and nuts in 1.5 pitch.

If you need a set of spacers I have a set of 3/4" I will sell you for $15

(Blue1 @ Sep. 06 2007,10:01)
(guido4512 @ Aug. 28 2007,05:37) Nice !  
bowdown.gif

Self made Rules...

nice

what is the O.D. of the tube you used for the gap over the fork tubes?

Blue1
thanks.

The aluminum tubing has an OD of 56mm and the ID is 51mm. I had to machine the top and bottom also to fit the ID of the top clamp and the OD of the fork tube top (with the plastic "isolator"). I don't have those measurements unless I pull it apart
cool.gif

How do you get the little plastic buttons out of the hex socket of the handlebar-to-triple clamp bolts without messing them up or chipping the paint?

Blue1

Just pry with a small screw driver. Do it lightly. They pop out. You will most likely chip the cap a little...and they dont stay as well when reused.

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 09 2007,22:01) Just pry with a small screw driver.  Do it lightly.  They pop out.  You will most likely chip the cap a little...and they dont stay as well when reused.
Put a small dab of clear silicone on them when you re-install them. Tested to hold @ 170+ !

can you adjust the fork thru the triple tree with those risers installed? and if so using 3/4" risers and dropping the fork thru the trees would essentially keep the bars at about the same height (I would be dropping it 3/4" exactly).
Just wondering if this could be used as a solution to adjust my front end.

Back