Risers and lowering links

Corso1

Registered
Alright then.

I have no specific need to lower the Busa. Except of course just to do something on a rainy day. I am contemplating Gen-Mar risers (3/4) with the 3 hole Hayabusa lowering links for the rear. Has anyone had success or failure with this set up??? Any words of advice?? I do not want to take away from the bikes handling, just want something a little different.

Thanks-

Corso

Thank a ton Speedemon-

I will have to think twice about it now that you mentioned the "bottoming out".

My inseam is about 32", so I may look into the Tobin seat instead. I am planning a couple good size two-up rides this year, so want to make sure I am comfortable too.

Thanks again-
Corso

Thank a ton Speedemon-

I will have to think twice about it now that you mentioned the "bottoming out".

My inseam is about 32", so I may look into the Tobin seat instead. I am planning a couple good size two-up rides this year, so want to make sure I am comfortable too.

Thanks again-
Corso
no prob dude
i wouldnt worry to much about bottoming out if you lower it an inch, i have only bottomed out once and it was an abnormal bump, and no harm was caused to the bike, so give it a try and see how it works out for you.

I'm thinking of raising the rear an inch? Heard it makes a huge difference in handling?
I'm 6' 2" so seat height isn't a problem.

Bansh-

I have read some of the links about raising the rear as well. I am not to concerned with increasing the handling, just don't want to loose any.
Several months ago there was a great post on raising. I cannot recall whose it was though. You might check it out.

Again Speedoman- Thanks-

Ryan

i raised mine 1 inch last summer and it made a big difference. it flicks side to sode much easier. seems like it dives in to corners easier. would highly recommend it if your in to the twisties...

Back