Impeachment..

It's pretty easy to be an "armchair quarterback" when it comes to politics. If you research many events in history there are multiple theories from many sources each swearing what they depicted as the absolute truth.

In today's environment we can track zealots fairly quickly and with relative ease, in 1963 it was not so easy and such an event could be set up and executed without prior knowledge.

Getting back to today.....the US has survived events which have destroyed other countries and has come out each and every time stronger and better.....such will be the case in this instance.

This exact time in history is not a normal time...the pandemic has created an environment which is unique for modern history...the last pandemic lasted 3 yrs but it occurred at a time when people were far less international and suburban.

For a government to walk into power during this time is a challenge at best, there are so many variables that it is staggering...the population (of all countries) are viewing this as an affront to their civil liberties whereas the governments are looking at this as how do they balance the health of their citizens, uphold their civil liberties, retain economics all while trying to stymy the virus from taking control....

Regardless of what party is in power or what president is sitting in the seat, this is a daunting task.

With the deluge of social media and the flourishing of all these various subversive groups, controlling the virus is a challenge when you have zealots denouncing it's existence even when the evidence is sitting right before them. It's not that the virus is not survivable, it's the fact it spreads very quickly and kills vulnerable people-people the government is sworn to protect as well.

When a former sitting president ignored his experts, failed to act and down-played the effects of the virus, he put millions of people at risk. The "so what" of this is the fact American citizens died as a result of how the reaction to the pandemic played out under his regime.

Sadly this is but one failed act which put the sanctity of the US at risk...globalism is the only way a country will survive in today's world...there's pride in ones' country then there's the common sense knowing a county will not survive if they isolate and turn to a "nationalist" ideology-there is strength in unity.

Roger Kimball

March 15, 2021 Updated: March 16, 2021
biggersmaller
PrintCommentary

I am not a particular fan of Ernest Hemingway’s novel “The Sun Also Rises.”

But there is one exchange between two of the characters, Bill Gorton and Mike Campbell, that has stuck with me.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”

That passage has been running through my head a lot recently.

I thought of it last week when I learned that Dr. Seuss Enterprises had decided to stop selling six books by the famous children’s author because—according to the bureaucrats at the concession—they depict various ethnic groups in ways that are “hurtful and wrong.”

I thought of it again last week when Disney decided that some of its most popular shows did not pass muster with the woke wardens of political correctness and restricted access to Dumbo, Peter Pan, and other children’s classics because they, too, were “racially insensitive.”

Closer to home, Amazon, the self-described world’s largest bookstore, joined the censors by delisting a book I published a few years ago at Encounter, “When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment.”

The book is a thoughtful and scholarly analysis of the psychological costs of treating gender dysphoria with drugs and surgery, but Amazon suddenly and without any explanation dropped the book because, they said, they no longer “sell books that frame LGBTQ+ identity as a mental illness.”

Mr. Anderson’s book does no such thing, but no matter. Amazon is in this respect like the Lord: man proposeth, Amazon disposeth,

These little cultural markers—and there are plenty more where they came from—suggested to me that we were about at an end of the gradual phase of cultural decay and were about to embark on the sudden part of the journey.

Elections​

Then there is the more serious stuff: the nearly $2 trillion so-called “Covid relief” package that all-but-guarantees a spike in inflation but shovels much, much more money to teachers’ unions and favored racial groups than to people who have suffered from the government lockdowns during the CCP virus pandemic.

There is the passage in the house of H.R. 1, the so-called “For the People” bill, which would effectively assure that was never another fair election in this country.

It would do this by all-but-obliterating voter ID requirements—you need an ID to board a plane but not cast a vote—mandating same-day voter registration and at least two weeks of early voting, and by requiring states to provide unsupervised drop boxes to receive completed ballots.

In other words, H.R. 1 would centralize presidential elections, taking responsibility for oversight away from the states, where the Constitution placed it, and arrogating it to the clutches of the federal government and its sprawling bureaucracy.

If, as seems almost certain, H.R. 1 becomes the law of the land, it would be the final nail in the coffin of electoral integrity.

The widespread irregularities (that’s polysyllabic periphrasis for “fraud”) that attended the 2020 election would be codified into law assuring that, for as long as anyone could envision, 2016 would have to be counted as the last free, fair, and open presidential election.

It used to be that American was the land of the free and home of the brave. A robust culture of free speech was every American’s birthright.

We had free and fair elections, unlike the banana republics we were always called upon to bail out or police.

We also had borders, and even politicians eager to increase immigration understood the difference between entering the country legally and opening the floodgates to the hordes massing on our Southern border.

That’s all behind us now, or at least those traditions appear to be on life support—no, the patient was on life support, but someone came to euthanize him and pulled the plug.

The signs and portents are many and they are not encouraging.

Perhaps the most disturbing episode last week was Joe Biden’s alarming performance when he announced the elevation of two women to the status of combat generals.

Biden went on to underscore the “intensity of purpose” with which his administration would be pursuing “body armor that fits women properly, tailoring combat uniforms for women, creating maternity flight suits, updating their hairstyle requirements.”

This was not from a Saturday Night Live skit: it was the President of the United States live in front of the cameras.

I say “live” but I really mean “not prerecorded.” Joe Biden is “live” only in the sense that he cannot legally be interred.

He went on to demonstrate that sad contingency when he strained, unsuccessfully, to remember the name of his Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, who was standing right behind him, or the building where Austin worked, the Pentagon.

‘Ruin in a Nation’​

Adam Smith once remarked to a disconsolate correspondent that there’s a “deal of ruin in a nation.” I quoted that remark to a friend some years ago when America was reeling from the twin assaults of the financial meltdown and the ministrations of Barack Obama. “Especially this nation,” my friend replied, and I had to agree.

For a moment, during Donald Trump’s tenure, it seemed as though we’d returned to the sunlit uplands. Leave aside his partisan successes, the judges and tax cuts, for example.

Concentrate instead on what he did to secure the borders, to upgrade the military, to make America energy independent.

It’s only mid-March 2021. In just six weeks, and with 60-odd executive orders behind him, Joe Biden has largely unravelled all that and more.

This is the reality: Joe Biden has set us on a collision course with tyranny at home and armed conflict abroad.

He has denominated his political opponents “domestic terrorists” and directed the FBI to harass and arrest them. He has done everything in his considerable power to surrender the country to the woke mob.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is not standing still. Look for a kinetic clash with Russia, China, or Iran soon. It’s coming to a theater near you by the end of this summer, and I do not mean a movie theater.

Expect the velocity of our declivity to increase—the gauge is set to move from “gradually” to “suddenly” now, and there will be plenty of shock and awe when it does.

Is this alarmist? Maybe, but that is appropriate when the situation is alarming.

Expect also to hear many people quoting the poet Delmore Schwartz: “Even paranoids have enemies.”

It’s going to be a wild ride.

Roger Kimball is the editor and publisher of The New Criterion and publisher of Encounter Books. His most recent book is “Who Rules? Sovereignty, Nationalism, and the Fate of Freedom in the 21st Century.”

Views expressed in this article are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Epoch Times.
It's pretty easy to be an "armchair quarterback" when it comes to politics. If you research many events in history there are multiple theories from many sources each swearing what they depicted as the absolute truth.

In today's environment we can track zealots fairly quickly and with relative ease, in 1963 it was not so easy and such an event could be set up and executed without prior knowledge.

Getting back to today.....the US has survived events which have destroyed other countries and has come out each and every time stronger and better.....such will be the case in this instance.

This exact time in history is not a normal time...the pandemic has created an environment which is unique for modern history...the last pandemic lasted 3 yrs but it occurred at a time when people were far less international and suburban.

For a government to walk into power during this time is a challenge at best, there are so many variables that it is staggering...the population (of all countries) are viewing this as an affront to their civil liberties whereas the governments are looking at this as how do they balance the health of their citizens, uphold their civil liberties, retain economics all while trying to stymy the virus from taking control....

Regardless of what party is in power or what president is sitting in the seat, this is a daunting task.

With the deluge of social media and the flourishing of all these various subversive groups, controlling the virus is a challenge when you have zealots denouncing it's existence even when the evidence is sitting right before them. It's not that the virus is not survivable, it's the fact it spreads very quickly and kills vulnerable people-people the government is sworn to protect as well.
While that sounds all good and proper the truth remains state governors mixed covid people with old people in rest homes in multiple states. IS THAT PROTECTING THE PEOPLE???? The truth is president Trump responded immediately by shutting down flights from China at the end of January and was criticized and called xenophobic by the leftist including Joe Biden. It has been said several cures or other remedies were working well before the vaccine hit the market... what did the media scream? It dangerous! The president is reckless BECAUSE he took the hydro stuff !!! Meanwhile.... hydrocloxcorine or however its spelled is deemed a way to minimize the effects of the Chinese import from Wuhan that was spread all over the world. What happened? How did it get suppressed?

The real truth is governments don't really care about their people with the exception of those that can further their mission to dominate whomever it is they want to wield power over.

The daunting task as you call it is a well orchestrated PR campaign... nothing more than that imho.

Bottom line for me... I will depend on my immune system before I will ever take a vaccine approved by those that will never have my best interest at heart.

When a former sitting president ignored his experts, failed to act and down-played the effects of the virus, he put millions of people at risk. The "so what" of this is the fact American citizens died as a result of how the reaction to the pandemic played out under his regime.

He didn't down play the virus... what is that about? Press conferences were held daily regarding the status and the planning of how it was to be handled
Sadly this is but one failed act which put the sanctity of the US at risk...globalism is the only way a country will survive in today's world...there's pride in ones' country then there's the common sense knowing a county will not survive if they isolate and turn to a "nationalist" ideology-there is strength in unity.
Look... I am tired of the trade deficits, the free pork to 3rd world countries... at least the NATO system of payment was resolved to a more fair system... though... now that China Joe is in the NATO payments will fall short again... bet me...

Hear this... any person or any country can only help others when they are strong. If you are weak, broke, and out of resources what can you do for somebody else? Their is nothing wrong with Nationalism just like their is nothing wrong for being proud of yourself for whoever you have become. I am pretty sure you aren't the same guy you were when you were 21 years old.

....here we are over 2 months out from the electoral votes which sealed the deal on the election and we are still talking about it...

The good news is the weather is going to get better and better and hopefully the fiasco which happened will be a distant memory as we ply down the roads and hiways blissfully cranking the "go fast handle" of our happy bikes....

In the end the question will be "Trump...who?"
We are still talking about it because the massive fraud is still being revealed and discovered through recounts and audits in several states . It will never be "Trump who"... why? President Trump made an impact on the world well before he ever became president of the United States. His brand was known world wide... Thousands of people have walked his world class golf course many times in Palos Verdes California well before it was announced he was running for president.

President Trumps name recognition was raised too heights by the media that made his name a household word.

......nothing like "carpet bombing" responses....you gave a lot to respond to.

First of all-exactly, the government (it don't matter which) is supposed to be protecting the vulnerable...Trump constantly down-played the virus, creating little nicknames for it instead of reacting, he ignored his experts and did nothing to protect the people of the US. Shutting down flights was a good thing but by that time the virus had already established a beach head. Him talking about light therapy and taking disinfectants to defeat the virus was delusional at best....

It wasn't until closer to election time did he start to infuse money into vaccine development (other countries already had one developed by that time).

Nationalism....bottom line, any country in this modern time which tries to close it's borders and go it alone will fail. The world (was) wide open and many people were moving around all the time...trying to shut that down into any particular country would be impossible and only create more issues than it resolves....the "forbidden fruit" is the one everyone wants to pick.

Take a look at your southern border...for years and years, millions upon millions of dollars have been spent trying to close it yet people from basically a 3rd word can defeat it time and time again. Bigger and stronger walls might slow them for a time but it will never stop them.

The economy of the US depends on commerce and trade with other countries, take that away and the US will devolve into exactly what you described...broke and devoid of resources.

We are still talking about it because the massive fraud is still being revealed and discovered through recounts and audits in several states . It will never be "Trump who"... why? President Trump made an impact on the world well before he ever became president of the United States. His brand was known world wide... Thousands of people have walked his world class golf course many times in Palos Verdes California well before it was announced he was running for president.

President Trumps name recognition was raised too heights by the media that made his name a household word.
This tells me your entire election process is completely compromised and incapable of completing it's task. This in a modern republic such as the US is a death sentence to your very fabric of being.....This very thing would be the undoing of the US as a nation.

I and millions upon millions don't believe this for one second. The investigations have been completed which have denounced your very statement. like it or not Trump was defeated fairly and ethically. The neutrals have spoken and there are more of them than right or lefts.

As for Trump being a household name...he certainly will be that when all the court battles start up...we will hear his name lots as a "Defendant." He will really be the "orange man" in his jumpsuit.

This tells me your entire election process is completely compromised and incapable of completing it's task. This in a modern republic such as the US is a death sentence to your very fabric of being.....This very thing would be the undoing of the US as a nation.

I and millions upon millions don't believe this for one second. The investigations have been completed which have denounced your very statement. like it or not Trump was defeated fairly and ethically. The neutrals have spoken and there are more of them than right or lefts.

As for Trump being a household name...he certainly will be that when all the court battles start up...we will hear his name lots as a "Defendant." He will really be the "orange man" in his jumpsuit.
That is a hilarious rebuke... you are to far away from the source... carry on...

......nothing like "carpet bombing" responses....you gave a lot to respond to.

Your rebuttals deserve carpet bombing...
First of all-exactly, the government (it don't matter which) is supposed to be protecting the vulnerable...Trump constantly down-played the virus,
He did to to keep people from over dosing on Media fear mongering like they do constantly.
creating little nicknames for it instead of reacting, he ignored his experts and did nothing to protect the people of the US. Shutting down flights was a good thing but by that time the virus had already established a beach head. Him talking about light therapy and taking disinfectants to defeat the virus was delusional at best....

Trump labels lots of things... so what?
It wasn't until closer to election time did he start to infuse money into vaccine development (other countries already had one developed by that time).

Nationalism....bottom line, any country in this modern time which tries to close it's borders and go it alone will fail. The world (was) wide open and many people were moving around all the time...trying to shut that down into any particular country would be impossible and only create more issues than it resolves....the "forbidden fruit" is the one everyone wants to pick.
BS... we have many of the resources to sustain ourselves if were inclined to do so... consider how many people are fed around the world from the San Joaquin valley in central California. We have lots of water... we have lots of oil... we have lots of industry... we have lots of minerals including uranium. So, before you go saying things that aren't true.... We even know how to build our own cars on US soil... imagine that!
Take a look at your southern border...for years and years, millions upon millions of dollars have been spent trying to close it yet people from basically a 3rd word can defeat it time and time again. Bigger and stronger walls might slow them for a time but it will never stop them.
The will was never there to close the border until it was done... just a few short years ago the numbers were way down... but, forget that.... we have a toxic invasion on our hands now... compliments of JB, the Ho, Congress, and the Senate.
The economy of the US depends on commerce and trade with other countries, take that away and the US will devolve into exactly what you describe
I am pretty sure we could figure out how to do with a lot less imports... once we stopped buying drywall from China that had toxic materials in it we figured out what was best... and that was over 15 years ago...

That is a hilarious rebuke... you are to far away from the source... carry on...
Your rebuttals deserve carpet bombing...

He did to to keep people from over dosing on Media fear mongering like they do constantly.

Trump labels lots of things... so what?

BS... we have many of the resources to sustain ourselves if were inclined to do so... consider how many people are fed around the world from the San Joaquin valley in central California. We have lots of water... we have lots of oil... we have lots of industry... we have lots of minerals including uranium. So, before you go saying things that aren't true.... We even know how to build our own cars on US soil... imagine that!

The will was never there to close the border until it was done... just a few short years ago the numbers were way down... but, forget that.... we have a toxic invasion on our hands now... compliments of JB, the Ho, Congress, and the Senate.

I am pretty sure we could figure out how to do with a lot less imports... once we stopped buying drywall from China that had toxic materials in it we figured out what was best... and that was over 15 years ago...
Well, I can honestly say this thread has met it's demise...

There is absolutely nothing left to discuss on this matter as it's all been said multiple times and keeps going around in circles to no avail.

I'd imagine this sort of thread is lively over at your Corvette forum so at least that will give you somewhere to go and discuss this stuff...

Well, I can honestly say this thread has met it's demise...

There is absolutely nothing left to discuss on this matter as it's all been said multiple times and keeps going around in circles to no avail.

I'd imagine this sort of thread is lively over at your Corvette forum so at least that will give you somewhere to go and discuss this stuff...
Well... you can take your toys out of the sandbox and go home if you like. What you fail to realize is we see the world differently. What you are seeing now is rampant destruction of our country... JB has surpassed the level of 60 executive orders so far and we are only 2 months in to his "selected" presidency.

Their is absolutely no way JB got more votes than any other president in history... maybe more corrupt votes... but not real votes.... that crook is a total sham job... his history proves it.

Consider this... President Trump worked many 15 to 18 hour days as president.... JB is lucky to work 2 days in a row... check his schedule at the White House right now... It doesn't really matter anyway... he isn't running anything... he is just a rubber stamp machine for the leftist marxist idiots that want power more than anything else. Did you hear him the other day while talking one on one with Nancy Pelosi?

He said something like... what do you want me to do Nancy? What happened next was typical of the media... protect Joe, he messed up... ... the screen went blank.... that was the end of the discussion... it appears the so called president made a huge gaff... what else is new? the guys brain is done, fried, shot... worn out.

Right now US troops are rolling into Syria and gearing up for a conflict. This will be a set up for a little proxy war designed to make money for the MIC... its now business as usual again... the Neocons are licking their chops... war is big business.... business men and women will supply both sides as needed to remain friendly with both sides... its how they roll... you want to make money as a supplier for the military? You do what Henry Ford did for Hitler back in the 1930s... on the high side you help him build a war machine. On the low side as a MIC business owner you supply maintenance supplies and food for the military. Those military crony capitalist connections can really pay off... $300 toilet seats... $200 hammers... its all good... rob those tax payers for all you can get and pay off the connection that got it for you. Another advantage I experienced in person... I lived next to Hill AFB back in the 80s... you would not believe how many business owners I heard about that put the business name in the wife's name only to get the benefits of being a minority business owner... The PC advantage / affirmative action culture has been functioning for a long time.

Check our southern border now... it being over run by the cartels with drug and human trafficking... it is now estimated the cartels are making over 10 million a day right now.

Anyway... sorry to see you go... you are tired of me poking holes in all the points you attempt to make.. I get it...

One thing I have noticed... those that support JB and the Ho are rarely ever willing to admit their ignorance. He is attacking our basic rights from border sovereignty to gun legislation. Some States are discussing succeeding from the USA over the new Biden policies that are being proposed or implemented.

The path we are on now will end this country as it was intended to be when it was formed.

Well... you can take your toys out of the sandbox and go home if you like. What you fail to realize is we see the world differently. What you are seeing now is rampant destruction of our country... JB has surpassed the level of 60 executive orders so far and we are only 2 months in to his "selected" presidency.

Their is absolutely no way JB got more votes than any other president in history... maybe more corrupt votes... but not real votes.... that crook is a total sham job... his history proves it.

Consider this... President Trump worked many 15 to 18 hour days as president.... JB is lucky to work 2 days in a row... check his schedule at the White House right now... It doesn't really matter anyway... he isn't running anything... he is just a rubber stamp machine for the leftist marxist idiots that want power more than anything else. Did you hear him the other day while talking one on one with Nancy Pelosi?

He said something like... what do you want me to do Nancy? What happened next was typical of the media... protect Joe, he messed up... ... the screen went blank.... that was the end of the discussion... it appears the so called president made a huge gaff... what else is new? the guys brain is done, fried, shot... worn out.

Right now US troops are rolling into Syria and gearing up for a conflict. This will be a set up for a little proxy war designed to make money for the MIC... its now business as usual again... the Neocons are licking their chops... war is big business.... business men and women will supply both sides as needed to remain friendly with both sides... its how they roll... you want to make money as a supplier for the military? You do what Henry Ford did for Hitler back in the 1930s... on the high side you help him build a war machine. On the low side as a MIC business owner you supply maintenance supplies and food for the military. Those military crony capitalist connections can really pay off... $300 toilet seats... $200 hammers... its all good... rob those tax payers for all you can get and pay off the connection that got it for you. Another advantage I experienced in person... I lived next to Hill AFB back in the 80s... you would not believe how many business owners I heard about that put the business name in the wife's name only to get the benefits of being a minority business owner... The PC advantage / affirmative action culture has been functioning for a long time.

Check our southern border now... it being over run by the cartels with drug and human trafficking... it is now estimated the cartels are making over 10 million a day right now.

Anyway... sorry to see you go... you are tired of me poking holes in all the points you attempt to make.. I get it...
One thing I have noticed... those that support JB and the Ho are rarely ever willing to admit their ignorance. He is attacking our basic rights from border sovereignty to gun legislation. Some States are discussing succeeding from the USA over the new Biden policies that are being proposed or implemented.

The path we are on now will end this country as it was intended to be when it was formed.
Be advised I am NOT leaving the forum, just this thread as we are getting nowhere in it.

You and I have very different views of things, you don't know my background and I don't know yours but my background is wrought with going and doing things which others wouldn't want to or are unable to go or do.

As for your statements of poking holes in the points I made....this is what I'm speaking on...a good conversation does not involved other people "poking holes" in points but rather discussion....something of which this thread has ceased to do. I read your posts and comment and although you might read posts, you just say what you want to hear. Active communication isn't occurring on this thread any longer. Ever look at someone when you are speaking to them and know they aren't listening but are rather thinking about what they are going to say? Here we are now...

Let me say this parting shot...you and other zealots have placed great faith in a man such as Trump who wasn't a "gentlemen farmer or factory worker" he was born with a silver spoon and a sense of entitlement just like all the other wealthy who never earned what they have. Do you think he really cares about the person in the USA who is earning mid to low 5 figure incomes when he is sitting in his personal airliner flying to one of his many golf courses where it takes a strong 5 figure sum to even join....???

Joe Biden is not the man for the job either as he has been in politics too long and is frankly just too old to do the job but that is the fault of your political system, not the man....if he can run and get voted in, he has the job whether you like it or not.

Their is absolutely no way JB got more votes than any other president in history... maybe more corrupt votes... but not real votes....
Bumblebee is right, no matter how many times we go over this, either you or we ignore the counterclaim and on it goes. As far as the number of Democratic votes, those are not for Biden as much as against Trump, which explains the huge number. I understand why you don't want to accept that but, well, those are the facts. Biden was not my first choice by any means, but I would have voted for Kanye West against Trump lol.

Be advised I am NOT leaving the forum, just this thread as we are getting nowhere in it.
Why would you even consider leaving... that is absurd... like I said... we see things differently.
You and I have very different views of things, you don't know my background and I don't know yours but my background is wrought with going and doing things which others wouldn't want to or are unable to go or do.
I understand that... especially in light of all the documents that has been released through freedom of information acts... aka... FOIA

My opportunity to serve came and went... in 1973 my draft number was 108... however, the war ended in Vietnam and 58,000+ men and women paid the ultimate price. Today when you look back on that war one thing is clear... it should never have happened... that war was was predicated on lies. Robert McNamera telling our president LBJ that we were attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin... well, guess what? It was a lie and it has come out through FOIA. That is what I call a real tragedy.
I just talked to a 73 year old Nam vet a few days ago that I met through the business... we were discussing the market distortions in real estate and our general world views. You know what he said after he told me he was a Vietnam vet?... he knew for a fact when he was there that the B 52s were dropping 2000lbs bombs on nothing... no targets... just jungle with few people on the area. He could hear and FEEL it it at night... and we knew their was nothing there to bomb. How much money got spent on those bomb drops? Does doing that push stock prices up when it comes time to resupply for the MIC contractors?

I mention that because war is a racket.... Which is the exact title of Marine General Smedly Butler's book . Titled .. War is a Racket. Please don't tell me a Marine General doesn't know what he talking about. You can hear him speak on YT... He makes his position clear on a number of points.

Since you are a military guy... In my life I have had two occasions were somebody pulled a gun on me... I have never had anybody shoot at me... Only in the line of work have I ever had close calls with death by falling, getting crushed, or having something break that was holding tools with thousands of pounds of force behind them. Or... when a rig is taking a kick and blowout prevention procedures were employed to keep the rig from having a blowout that could cost lives and destroy the rig. I worked on some big drilling rigs back in the 70s and 80s... I have worked on rigs where the string weight of the drill string was over 400,000 lbs. We move that drill string in and out of the hole regulary and the drilling rigs parts are put to the test as well as the men doing it. Its an industry where some people decide it just not for them because it can be grueling... and sometimes in bad weather the next crew doesn't show up on time... well guess what? You are going to work another 8 hours and hope the next scheduled crew can get there. Its brutal sometimes in the winter. Look at Table Rock on the map sometime... its in the middle of southern Wyoming... at least 6500 ft in elevation... I think we use to cross one of the great divides that runs through the Rocky Mts. going to and from work. One time when we were tripping pipe the driller called me down out of the derrick (85ft above the rig floor ( Its nice up there in the winter lol ! ) that is usually about 30 ft above the ground ). Why did he call me down? He thought I might be cold... I never had that happen before... it was so cold it hurt to breathe. Some people don't like running tons of stairs, wrestling with heavy iron, getting dirty beyond anything you are likely to encounter... add to that... try on some diesel based drilling mud sometime.... try standing on a steel floor that is slippery like ice and trying to work with big heavy tools on a day when it 10 below and the wind is 25 + mph plus as it is often in southern Wyoming in the winter time. Even gust to 45 mph I guess they call it ruff necking for a reason... it did keep a guy in decent shape. I also saw some of the strongest people I have ever seen. Lots of ego in the oil patch back in that time period... I saw a guy pick up 700 lbs of gel one time... Bob Arnett... the guy was a beast... he was showing the other hands who was the strongest on the crew... well, good for you Bob, we already knew that. lol ! Gel comes in 100 lb sacks and is used for making drilling mud.
So... you know a little bit about my background... just a grunt with an average paying job. Long drives to and from work... rotating shifts to keep the 24 / 7 operation going... and hurry! Time is money... get it done fast and don't fu%k it up... That is what happened in the gulf with the Trans Ocean rig and BP calling the shots... they screwed up because they got it a hurry... lives were lost.... the environment was impacted... all because they messed up the cement job and tried to move forward to save money... You won't read about that anywhere... BP paid for the clean up, but, it was a sad period for the oilfield industry.

So... I haven't served and I am glad I didn't go to Nam... that war was about one thing and it wasn't about stopping communism from spreading as we were told. The protest over that war was long and troublesome... Check out what happened at Kent State... the national guard shoots 4 unarmed students dead... these student weren't doing the Antifa / BLM style protest. They were on a college campus and they were not braking and entering or destroying much of anything as compared to the billions lost in the last year the the leftist supported by the democrats. . These protestors were fed up with the phony pretenses that war was based on.

I did consider enlisting when I was 25... and very naive.... before I turned 26 and would no longer be eligible to enlist based on age at that time. I decided to stay on the civilian side of life.

Its still not about Trump for me... though I am sure you don't believe that. Trump is patriotic... the last time we had a real president was Reagan... and before that is was JFK.... and JFK paid the price for going against the Deep State, Neocons, bankers, and the Mob.

You can't watch JFK to 911 Rich Mans Trick... because it will blow your world view out of the roof... this world is run by some real sick people... but... you can't see that... because you choose to believe whatever you think is true... even when its clear we are being lied to by the media...

Many people give it a pass... and so it goes.... some people just don't think. The people running this world count on the ignorance of the masses to get away with what they want to do... because all they have to do is keep repeating the lies until the people start believing it... Who was Hitlers PR guy? Or ministry of information... or whatever his title was... more like secretary of misinformation. When America goes down... the rest will decend into the tyranny that already exist in many places... like China, like North Korea... we will become a nation of slaves. "THEY" want to suppress free speech. "THEY" want to take our guns away, "THEY" want to micromanage our lives.... China wants their population to comply with social credit scores... how's that going? You want some of that? Its where we are headed once America is no more.
As for your statements of poking holes in the points I made....this is what I'm speaking on...a good conversation does not involved other people "poking holes" in points but rather discussion....something of which this thread has ceased to do. I read your posts and comment and although you might read posts, you just say what you want to hear. Active communication isn't occurring on this thread any longer. Ever look at someone when you are speaking to them and know they aren't listening but are rather thinking about what they are going to say? Here we are now...

Let me say this parting shot...you and other zealots have placed great faith in a man such as Trump who wasn't a "gentlemen farmer or factory worker" he was born with a silver spoon and a sense of entitlement just like all the other wealthy who never earned what they have. Do you think he really cares about the person in the USA who is earning mid to low 5 figure incomes when he is sitting in his personal airliner flying to one of his many golf courses where it takes a strong 5 figure sum to even join....???

Joe Biden is not the man for the job either as he has been in politics too long and is frankly just too old to do the job but that is the fault of your political system, not the man....if he can run and get voted in, he has the job whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Bumblebee is right, no matter how many times we go over this, either you or we ignore the counterclaim and on it goes. As far as the number of Democratic votes, those are not for Biden as much as against Trump, which explains the huge number. I understand why you don't want to accept that but, well, those are the facts. Biden was not my first choice by any means, but I would have voted for Kanye West against Trump lol.
What did you expect after 4 plus year of 90% negative reporting in the media? Or the Mueller witch hunt where the attorneys wiped their phones regularly? Or where we had a phone call that reached impeachment levels of dog and pony show lunacy?

What was JBs platform? I am going to raise taxes? and now he gets the most votes ever recorded in presidential election history? Yeah... nothing to see here... just move along... we got the borders opened as promised so people can come here, break the law, and then get rewarded with free stuff... yeah... great plan... what's next... invade Syria? Oh... looks like that is underway to... business as usual... start bombing people.... it is another victory for the Neocons... right China Joe supporter?

Oh, remember to vaccinate the prisoners before vaccinating the US Border Patrol agents. surely those agents won't be having any contact with The Chinese Covid 19 brew the has infected some of the illegal aliens entering our country, right?

Do you think this is what president Trump would have done? and do you approve of JB and the job he is doing? Its got to be better that what Trump was doing... right?

Don’t try to compare how tough your oil rig jobs were to someone getting shot at ever again.
Another shot at free speech I see... When you sign up for the military volunteers understand the risk.
If you take full responsibility for your choices... then, prepare for the worst and don't be surprised if your number comes up.

All I did was explain a segment of my past.... it wasn't pissing contest... so... shove it...

Do you have a hate complex? If somebody has different beliefs than you does that mean you automatically reject most of what they say they believe?

Last edited:
You should stick to your writing talents. Your response to Bumblebee about your past was engaging and a pretty good read. There is no danger to the state of our country.
What did you expect after 4 plus year of 90% negative reporting in the media? Or the Mueller witch hunt where the attorneys wiped their phones regularly? Or where we had a phone call that reached impeachment levels of dog and pony show lunacy?
I pay no attention to the media reaction to Trump. I watch and listen to him. I listened to the phone call to Georgia. He begged and ended up insisting, in true Trump fashion, that they "find" enough votes for him to win Georgia. Honest? He called coronavirus the Chinese virus because it started there. Noble? He refused to denounce white supremacists until later pressured to by his advisors. Honorable? He thoughtlessly incited a crowd into violence upon our Capitol. Patriotic?
Is that really the way you see your conversation with Bee going? If so, that's kinda frightening.
Its still not about Trump for me... though I am sure you don't believe that. Trump is patriotic...
All I can say is...lol
Do you have a hate complex? If somebody has different beliefs than you does that mean you automatically reject most of what they say they believe?
Wuzza doesn't take any crap and buddy, at times, you're topped off :D
On crap taking, I take way too much crap from people. Never liked that about myself. Ok, enough of true confessions.

Last edited:
Back