Last remark of Obama's speech in VA last night...

The point I was making and the fact that you cannot see past your nose is that an elected official (John Murtha) makes a comment to the people of his State which is slanderous to say the least and they still elect him is beyond comprehension.

Whether I have been there is irrelevant but in fact is more of your spinning the facts.

r8

As with most of what you have to say whether you know anthing about the topic or not seems to be irrelevant.

If you ever lived there you might have a different perspective. How is asking if you know anything about what you are talking about spinning the facts?

Last edited:
What presidential candidate has not had "get in bed" in some way to run, let alone win, the election? ???

Agreed, all politicians need support to move them forward. But it's "who" you get in bed with in order to come onto the political scene; "Wright, Ayers, Farrakhan, Flannigan, etc." Obama used these people to move into this position as much as they used him to push their agendas, then disingenuously separated himself when he was forced to as the public was made aware who these people really are.

Again, I can only pray these people no longer have any influence with him in ANY way, shape or form. Moving forward, if Obama is found to be in contact with these people after stating their acts and words as dispicable during the election this will only prove he is a facade.

Last edited:
The point I was making and the fact that you cannot see past your nose is that an elected official (John Murtha) makes a comment to the people of his State which is slanderous to say the least and they still elect him is beyond comprehension.

Whether I have been there is irrelevant but in fact is more of your spinning the facts.

r8

Actually, what John Murtha said, irrelevant of your "spin" on the facts, was that;
"there is no question that Western Pennsylvania is a racist area."
and;
"some of the population may be more hesitant" [to vote for Obama]
But if you'd actually read the Post-Gazette instead of taking Faux News at its word on the story you'd know that.

You see, there's a funny thing about libel and slander. The singular best way to repudiate a claim of defamation is to prove that what you've said is the truth. Libel isn't law to protect people from having unpleasant truths told about them. Libel is a protection of reputation, not ego or emotional well being. Defamation torts deals with false claims; privacy and mental distress fall under false light and breach of confidence torts. But if you knew anything about the trial of John Zenger you'd know that.

Western Pennsylvania IS a racist area, and has been for a very long time. There is absoluely no question of this. It's a running gag around here. They have always broken heavily to the right on every issue. The truth is that we DO have a lot of "bible-thumpin', gun-totin', uneducated rednecks. As a matter of fact, I believe many people would take that as a COMPLIMENT, Murtha could have run on that platform and carried Larwence, Butler, and Beaver counties. But if you'd ever been here you'd know that.

John Murtha made the claim that the racisim of the western part of the state could shrink Obama's lead slightly, but would not be enough to overcome the larger vote of the eastern population centers. Earlier polls had him up by more than ten points, he won PA by almost exactly ten points due to nothing other than the huge numbers for McCain in western part of the state. Race played a key role in the election around here, take my word for it, things have been a little ugly in New Castle for the last couple of weeks and there are a lot of racial tensions. But if you'd driven down Grant Street or Highland Avenue or taken a ride down Route 18 in the last month you'd know that.

The claims Murtha made and the prediction he offered were both unequivocally true. But if you'd ever been here you'd know that.

Actually, what John Murtha said, irrelevant of your "spin" on the facts, was that;
"there is no question that Western Pennsylvania is a racist area."
and;
"some of the population may be more hesitant" [to vote for Obama]
But if you'd actually read the Post-Gazette instead of taking Faux News at its word on the story you'd know that.

You see, there's a funny thing about libel and slander. The singular best way to repudiate a claim of defamation is to prove that what you've said is the truth. Libel isn't law to protect people from having unpleasant truths told about them. Libel is a protection of reputation, not ego or emotional well being. Defamation torts deals with false claims; privacy and mental distress fall under false light and breach of confidence torts. But if you knew anything about the trial of John Zenger you'd know that.

Western Pennsylvania IS a racist area, and has been for a very long time. There is absoluely no question of this. It's a running gag around here. They have always broken heavily to the right on every issue. The truth is that we DO have a lot of "bible-thumpin', gun-totin', uneducated rednecks. As a matter of fact, I believe many people would take that as a COMPLIMENT, Murtha could have run on that platform and carried Larwence, Butler, and Beaver counties. But if you'd ever been here you'd know that.

John Murtha made the claim that the racisim of the western part of the state could shrink Obama's lead slightly, but would not be enough to overcome the larger vote of the eastern population centers. Earlier polls had him up by more than ten points, he won PA by almost exactly ten points due to nothing other than the huge numbers for McCain in western part of the state. Race played a key role in the election around here, take my word for it, things have been a little ugly in New Castle for the last couple of weeks and there are a lot of racial tensions. But if you'd driven down Grant Street or Highland Avenue or taken a ride down Route 18 in the last month you'd know that.

The claims Murtha made and the prediction he offered were both unequivocally true. But if you'd ever been here you'd know that.

Thanks you for taking my thoughts and putting them in to words far better than I could have. It is unfortunate that he feels it is ok to judge without any facts and even shuns the notion that seeking out the truth is worth one's time. What makes it worse are the vast numbers like him.

Well, to a point, yes. The big part was due to the last four years. 650 million spent on campaign with a Liberal Media and yes, you want something for your money.

Now, if you want stupid go to Pennsylvania where John Murtha was re-elected after calling the Citizens of Pennsylvana "bible thumping, gun toting uneducated rednecks".

Stupid is as stupid does.

r8
Yes $650,000,000 spent by the Obama campaign to get elected... any of you wanna take a stab at McCains budget?

$84,000,000

Obama did a pretty large about face on who he would accept money from.. but when you spend 6X the money....

Yes $650,000,000 spent by the Obama campaign to get elected... any of you wanna take a stab at McCains budget?

$84,000,000

Obama did a pretty large about face on who he would accept money from.. but when you spend 6X the money....

How about a detailed list of where that 650 million came from? :whistle:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

-Obama

Not sure what "civilian national security force" means. But, I like the fact that Isrealies are required to serve 4 years, I believe, in the military. I would have no problems if my kids were required to serve 1-2 years in the military after high school or college. I enlisted in OCS in 91' but when I graduated I decided to go into civil life. If I were required to serve 1-2 years I gladly would have.

My parents, their parents and their parents, etc. all come from Western border area of PA and I have not witnessed this great, can't miss, RACIST civilization you and Mertha make it out to be. I'm not saying rednecks don't exist or that all people will accept a black person as being theirequal...heck, I live in FL and have lived in TX, AL, GA, MO & KY.

But to say there is justification for Mertha to say what he did the way he did because it may be prevelant in that part of PA is ignorant. Because if a conservative politician were to proclaim that the "gun-totin', gold teeth, jean droppin', street corner negros" will have an impact on voting the guy would be drawn and quartered by the liberal and conservative media and then for those same people of their district to vote that man in office reflects their level of intelligence. That is truth.

Because if a conservative politician were to proclaim that the "gun-totin', gold teeth, jean droppin', street corner negros" will have an impact on voting the guy would be drawn and quartered by the liberal and conservative media and then for those same people of their district to vote that man in office reflects their level of intelligence. That is truth.

:rofl: You have a way with words.. :rofl:

Just Proves Once and For ALL.........Most Americans are STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!

At the Same Token BUSH Screwed the Republican Party............

I've seen some of the most foolish and clueless people lining up to go vote for the FIRST time.

I find the "let's go change the world" comment pretty interesting to say the least.

I'm with you Jules.

Back