had an encounter with the road last nite

all i will say is get well soon , and hope nothing serious with the back

those frame sliders did there job well to :beerchug:

i would take lots of pictures of the bike and let your DOT have it!!!

Sorry about the get-off, bro. What a drag.

Anything you need...we're right here. :beerchug:

IMHO I don't feel that it really matters if speed was the factor or not. there was wet paint on the road, it was not marked. I would be willing to put money on it that the paint on the tire didn't help with the traction any.

another thing is that one of OUR brothers (he owns a busa, and he rides. puts him in the elite club) went down. he has gotten enough $#&! in the injuries to himself, bike, and pride already. Give a guy a break, pat him on the head, and tell him you fell his pain, and go on. he chose to share his experience with others. I would bet from now on he is going to be more careful about crossing paint, as well as all the people that are reading this. so I feel that he has saved at least one more accident, and possibly a life.

:deadhorse:

To the OP: ignore the Internet accident investigator. Sorry about your dustup, and hope your back heals up.

Please get checked out! I don't like to go near the hospital, but I think someone should reimburse for the damage and the doctor visit may help prove the point.

I would be checking into who painted the roads, go get the street name and contact the city. I am sure if they didn't have sign's up your insurance company would love to know :rulez:

:bowdown: gear :bowdown:

:beerchug: heal up bud!

Glad you still here.... they are not required to put signs here in FL, just in case you come down here assume there are all wet here.. and the people that are doing it could careless about what they do :whistle: ... or

paved road.jpg

botched-road-painting.jpg

......it's just they are not the sharpest tacks in the box :laugh:

paved road.jpg

botched-road-painting.jpg

Sorry about your getoff.
Always happy to hear rider is ok as we dont need any more 'fallen' ones.

WhocanIsue.com :laugh:

Definitely sounds like someone is liable.
That pic of your tire with paint on is worth more than a 1000 words.
It is good evidence wet paint existed.
May be diff to prove that was the cause but still good you have it on film.

The same kind of thing happened to my Wife's vehicle a coulpe years back. She took pictures and then reported it to insurance. They told her to contact the responsible street crews and talk to them. A week later our vehicle was checked out by insurance and they totaled it. City had to pay for it. I would go get yourself looked at also. Glad your ok. :thumbsup:

Kenny is here drinking moonshine from Acehole, i writing an estimate on bikes bike in the am!
The bike is not too bad, since i can ride it to the shop!
Kenny is just a whiny ***** cause he cant ride during a nice weekend!

Ouch. Sorry about the bumps. Did you have anything else but a helmet on? Just curious because it would help protect more than just your head.

Ice and heat on the back, alternating every 20 minutes.

Heal up and ride carefully.

Damn bro.. well glad you had some gear on... Hope your backs alrigh and not too much damage on the bike!

pretty sure by law they arent required to mark the road (wet paint) BUT THE FUNNY THING IS..I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM PAINT A LINE ACROSS AN INTERSECTION, round here they stop painting for the intersection then start again on the other side..i would check into it anyway, I know few years ago a friend got 3k in front end damage to his car after falling into a huge pot hole...he had to prove they where aware of the hole for more then 48 hours and neglected to fix it in order to get paid

thank you for posting this and sharing experience... and Thank God you are ok brother..

Oh and im buying frame sliders now!!!!:thumbsup:

Back