Last week I had a beautiful K5

Dam Steve, that sucks! Just glad you are ok!

You're right tho...wear your gear!

Glad to hear you walked away from it. Sounds far too familiar! And the "making love" to the asphalt can be very painful, even with the right protection!
wink.gif

Hope your finger heals quickly. You can always get another bike, but you can't get another you!

face7.gif

That sucks but hey, you are ok and you are geeting a new bike. Glad you made it for real.

Glad you weren't hurt worse... I could just cry for you about the Gixx though.
sad.gif
I'm still dreadin' the day I have my first "real" get-off... I figure it's coming.
drooling3.gif

Thanks guys for all the kind thoughts. It really wasn't a big thing though. Just tucked the front and went for a little side trip through the weeds. My little pinky is almost healed but she was a little tender for a few days. I stopped in the garage after work tonight and was really sad looking at the K5. Makes me feel like I lost a really good friend. I may just strip the plastic off and mount a headlight to the forks and make a naked gixxer out of her for play. Just use it for a trick bike and or track bike? We'll see? Or I may just part her out on ebay and call it a day? I should have a replacement by weeks end?

PacificBusa, I saw photos of your ass when you crashed. I know you don't want to do another get off like that. However, I bet you don't ride much now in jeans and a shirt. Damn man, those photos of you made me gasp. I crashed a busa two years ago (Highside) and I was all geared up for that one too. I got no road rash but it beat the holy crap out of me. I was so sore and bruised I couldn't comb my hair for a week. After that one, I was like you, scared to death of another simular crash.

Hey BT, if you are going to crash, just make sure it's a lowside, those high sides suck bad :-) I never did hear what happened to that beautiful black 10 you had. Did you just decide to get something different?

Hey BT, if you are going to crash, just make sure it's a lowside, those high sides suck bad :-) I never did hear what happened to that beautiful black 10 you had. Did you just decide to get something different?
Well, I thought a 600 would suit my riding style just as well as the 10R and not be extreme overkill like the 10R was/is in power output. What I didn't know before owning and really riding one is that I don't care for the high winding nature of a 600. I sold the sweetest 10R ever to exist and bought an '05 636. After finding out I don't care to wring a 600's neck to stay in the power I sold it and bought the ballistic booger. If black had been an option in '05 that's what I'd be back on. It wasn't so I went all out kawi and got the LIME GREEN.
wink.gif

So basically I done some expensive test riding and lost the most awesome bike I've owned in the process.
wink.gif
The booger will end up even more tricked out than the black one was though. Since I plan on keeping it for a very long time I'm considering going all out on the mods, as in full system, lightweight wheels (either magnesium or carbon) and such. Probably end up with Penske rear shock and Traxxion AK-20 drop in fork cartridges eventually as well. Maybe a little carbon bodywork... maybe not. Who knows. The deal is that I was going to use some low interest home equity to buy a Corvette. Since then I've talked myself out of the vette and almost talked myself into really tricking out my bike.
wink.gif
I can do that and STILL come in WAY below what I'd spend on a Vette and a super tricked 10R will no doubt be sweeter and more fun than a vette.
biggrin.gif
And yes. I'm hitting my mid life crisis...
drooling3.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Well, I thought a 600 would suit my riding style just as well as the 10R and not be extreme overkill like the 10R was/is in power output. What I didn't know before owning and really riding one is that I don't care for the high winding nature of a 600. I sold the sweetest 10R ever to exist and bought an '05 636. After finding out I don't care to wring a 600's neck to stay in the power I sold it and bought the ballistic booger. If black had been an option in '05 that's what I'd be back on. It wasn't so I went all out kawi and got the LIME GREEN.
wink.gif

So basically I done some expensive test riding and lost the most awesome bike I've owned in the process.
wink.gif
The booger will end up even more tricked out than the black one was though. Since I plan on keeping it for a very long time I'm considering going all out on the mods, as in full system, lightweight wheels (either magnesium or carbon) and such. Probably end up with Penske rear shock and Traxxion AK-20 drop in fork cartridges eventually as well. Maybe a little carbon bodywork... maybe not. Who knows. The deal is that I was going to use some low interest home equity to buy a Corvette. Since then I've talked myself out of the vette and almost talked myself into really tricking out my bike.
wink.gif
I can do that and STILL come in WAY below what I'd spend on a Vette and a super tricked 10R will no doubt be sweeter and more fun than a vette.
biggrin.gif
And yes. I'm hitting my mid life crisis...
drooling3.gif
Nothing wrong with a mid life crisis
cool.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Had gear on when I laid my 05LE down on a turn that I had run a hundred times. Got some hyperextended tendons in my left ankle but walked away and rode 35 miles home. Glad You are ok dude. Glad you walked away.

Back