BEAUTIFUL Ride today

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
What a day! Woke up WAY TOO EARLY after returning from Vegas... many, MANY thanks to Doc-busa for offering up a bike for me to ride while I was there, I just didn't plan ahead enough and our timing was off for it to work out but, thanks for the offer, Doc! ... anyway, woke up 4 hours earlier trying to reset my screwed up internal clock. Hopped on my baby and went to a friends house to tool around with her and her one cylinder Beull starter bike she has. I forgot how hard it is to do less than 30 everywhere! But she wasn't ready to go faster than 30 yet [gosh, do you remember how that was when you were first starting??] so we rolled around the back neighborhoods getting her used to breaking, steering, shifting the bike. She had a big smile... another hooked biker noob.
smile.gif
I'll be breaking her in for a few months but she seems to have the safety awareness knack down pat. Proceeded to go downtown for Saturday morning farmers market breakfast - yum. While training SLOOOOWLY south of downtown, I got a little bored or pent up so I sped up ahead and practiced my failing wheelies. I did 3 little ones in a row approaching a stop and the thrid one had me taking off to quick ready to dart thru the deserted intersection all in plain view of my student.... oops... when it came down, I hammered all my breaks and clutch and the bike dived a little left, into the left turn lane and pitched forward a little fast too. My rear had locked up AND hit the white painted line, causing nuttin but sliding and the front scrubbed sideways a lil also. Needless to say, I was having fun and terrified at the same time! When it was done, I was laughing and she was next to me in the PROPER lane, and, more than likely, from her vantage point, she thought I had everything under perfect control. Well, I DID, didn't I??? Otherwise I would have dropped it. Teach ME for jackin around in public. Rode back to her place, and took off to meet up with my 636 buddy and hit the 'outback' pursuing some random direction outside the city. This time it was East, South East and we found a new playtoy: see road zigging down center of picture. Sure, it looks boring from the sky but down IN it, there are swooping hills and excellent track... er... road view, wonderfully banked sweepers and nice smooth straits. I saw this up ahead and forgot all my manners of waiting for the guy behind me. Off I went. I think I just stayed in 3rd gear the whole time and ran the spectrum of RPMs. Busa didn't even flinch at any of it... Of course. The road was not too old, no sand or nuttin and I was laughing grinning the whole way. At the end of the stait we both needed to pull over from the rush and calm it for a bit. We agreed it was like an amusement ride. So, "S31" is now a new favorite! Then we continued on and found a nice hilled curve PERFECT for posing some moving shots, so I experimented with my digital camera. We didn't go too far overall - Iowa is not that big anyway - but maybe 100 miles of riding over a 3 hour span, nice twisties, great pics, PERFECT WEATHER: clear blue sky and temp of 65. This might have been THE most perfect day for riding this summer. Ya never know when those days show up and when they don't so ya gotta take advantage of them!

Any of you peeps get out and enjoy the day today? [Saturday or Sunday]

MAP.jpg

POSERS! 636 Mike on the left, me on right with the Hayabusa and "just woke up" helmet hair. Hey! Are those plain old jeans we're waering? um.... er.... [points away] WOW Look over there!!!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084679003 -->

posers.JPG

it's amazing how many shots it takes to dig out a couple good ones.

gb1.JPG

this isn't out of focus... it's an "action shot".. yeah... an action shot ;)

gb2.JPG

mike getting his fun captured for eternity [or until the photo disk wears out, whichever comes first]

mk1.JPG

this shot could have been REALLY SWEET, but instead, I'll call it just 'artistic'

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084679557 -->

mk3.JPG

You betcha GnT, I could die tomorrow and feel fulfilled.
stop on out and join us sometime!!
smile.gif

Looks like an awesome day! Love those action shots, don't get to see enough of those on here....I'm guilty as well of that too though.

Thanks for the pics!

Dan

Looks like an awesome day! Love those action shots, don't get to see enough of those on here....I'm guilty as well of that too though.

Thanks for the pics!

Dan

man that looks like a blast... I ended up going to the strip last night.... Maybe some day I'll get out to DM and come ride with ya.

Nice pics (somewhat...). I love those roads. Wish I could hit some like that.
cool.gif

Brian

Thanks for the pics!

Dan
Dan, It's tough to think about stopping and taking some action shots when you are barreling along nicely, isn't it??!!! hahahah but I saw this swooping hilled curve facing the south sun and thought it would be PERFECT to take some pics! Now just gotta figure out the camera so we can do higher speed passes. It was clicking a pic every second or so, so we were kinda going slow - no cool leaning!!

fstbusa, we GOTTA hookup. I want to come north though... north east over by the hills by the river. we could maybe get hooken302 and billbell to join up there? maybe other local busa's as seen on sh.org? There was a drag day in Eddyville today but I didn't make it. I want to come up to your 1/4 strip anyway. I can't imagine an 1/8 mile being worth ANYTHING

-greg best

Back