Last week I had a beautiful K5

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Yep, it happen to me! Went for a wild ride out through the pucker brush! I came out unscathed but my poor gixxer looks pretty sad. Somehow, she ended up upside down barreling through the weeds straight ahead like a torpedo. I rode it ten miles home but she was looking pretty sad. The headlight still worked but everything was gone above the headlight. Broke the extended subframe and shattered the rear tail plastic. What a bummer!

I've been working seven days a week from early til late for the past two months. No days off or even afternoons off. I did get home in time on this day to get my favorite bike out and take it for a fun ride down a very familar twisty road. I was thrilled. I was sweeping through the corners like I always do and coming into one of my favorite corners I was cruising around 70 mph, set up for a 25 mph corner like I had done a thousand times before, and just past the apex as I was at full lean, the front tire gave up and I was on the deck before you could blink. It was a right hand corner and I was in the wheel track next to the centerline and as I was finishing the sweep, I just barely got out of the track and onto the center where all the cars drip their miserable oil and the front just let go. No warning or hesitation, just "BANG" I was on the deck. I turned the bars loose and watched the headlight turn back toward me so I was looking at the headlight at a slight angle. I could hear that awful sound of plastic grinding on the pavement. I slid on my side and back until I ran out of pavement then it was tumble time. I ended up in a briar patch with weeds in every crevis I had from my gloves to my boots. I had to hunt for my prized K5. When I found her, she was looking pretty sad. I stood her up with mirrors hanging and pieces of plastic hanging from every where. I hit the starter button and she fired up, so I rode her out of the brush and back onto the road. Was a great day for a scooter ride and I never dreamed I'd crash. I had on all my gear and the only scratch I got was my right hand little pinky. When I fell, the handle bar pinched the end of my little finger and it was bleeding like a stuck pig. Just mashed it and it burst. I had no idea a quarter inch gash could release so much blood?

And the moral of this story is "Always wear your gear" You will crash when you least expect it. The good thing is, I should have a new K6 by weeks end. The dealer said he would have a Silver/Gray one with my name on it by weeks end.

I resorted to firing up my busa last evening and taking it for a ride. Got in some pretty good wheelies but boy howdy, what a pig! Fun to ride but balancing that heavy assed beast with the wheel in the air is not the easiest thing one can do. I hadn't done wheelies on the bus for some time so it took me a few tries to get her to the sweet spot. One thing I can say to all you busa guys, if you can ride a balanced sustained wheelie on your busa, you can wheelie anything! I enjoyed the busa ride but can't wait to get back on a gixxer.

Oh yes, I managed to keep my helmet off the ground and saved it. As I was making sweet love to the pavement, I just kept thinking keep you head off the deck, a new helmet is five hundred bucks, keep your helmet off the deck. It worked.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you weren't hurt. Get that new Gixxer and take it easy on her in the beginning.

We all gotta pay to play...looks like it was your turn. Glad you came out in good shape Steve. I hear ya about your Gixxer..sounds like your really loved that bike to death... I can relate, ive only been on my Gixxer a few days and I am hooked.

Funny how we all chat here at Hayabusa.org about how the Busa can do everything a Gixxer 1K can and so forth...ive even
participated in many of those threads...however after getting on one and spending some quality time with it ..it quickly becomes clear just how different the Gixxer is from the Busa the difference between these bikes is so huge that you realize how dumb it is to try and compare them.

Good luck on your new Silver one.
smile.gif

About wheelies, I am not a wheelie guy at all but I did like to do little ones on my Busa and ive tried a few tiny ones on my Gixxer...even if you are careful the Busa comes down kinda hard. The Gixxer on the other hand comes down like a feather.
laugh.gif

Sorry to hear, Tuf...dayam! That's my greatest fear now....something's telling me when I wreck again, it's gonna be a nasty low-side.

I'm glad that you're alright though. I really hope none of us have to make sweet love to the pavement anymore than we already have.

I know it's ONE love-making session I'm not missing....not one bit.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127804365 -->

Bummer dude, good to hear you're mostly ok. It must be nice to have a busa in the garage as a spare.

Sorry to hear about your loss, good thing is you'll have another one in no time...

Glad that you are ok. Same thing happened to me but there was not grass or weed patch for me to slide into.
wink.gif

Back