Road Crap

FJRider

Registered
Took a short ride last weekend. Weather was great, humidity low, not a cloud in the sky, Ms. Hayek was in top form. Almost home, one last sweeping back road turn. A long piece of gray 2" angle iron, which was probably dropped by a construction truck, was laying in the road (blending in with the road nicely), laying cross ways with the road. I'm half way through the turn. By the time I see it, my front tire caught it, and started using it as a ski! So here's my front tire sliding towards the outside of the turn, and the rear tire still had a solid grip. The front tire felt like I had hit ice. Not a comfortable feeling! At the last second (before I went down) I made an agressive move to get loose from the angle-iron-ski. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but it worked. No damage, but man did I come close to eating it!
wow.gif

Glad you're OK!
Road crap sucks! I hit a roll of sod in a corner once and it sent me airborne. Somehow I landed and kept it upright and out of the ditch. I'll never know how I got so lucky - perhaps a higher power intervened.

don't try biking in the UK at the moment then. We're just about to have fuel blockades - all the truckers are upset at paying 5 quid a gallon for diesel - who can blame then, so they're going to start blocking the refineries, hence a shortage is coming and everyone is filling up their cars, jerry cans, anything - but overfilling.

Every roundabout and every bend in the road has a nice diesel spill round it, it was a nightmare this morning, had to take it easy.

Geez, how long did it take you to clean the seat after that one?
wow.gif

Glad you made it out alive and upright!

Back