Got Harley? Come on now, you can admit it...

O have owned a few HD's everything from Ultras to sportys,, Jessica still rides a 1200 Sporty as her bike when she does ride.. I like Triumphs more my self.. I have had a Rocket3 but sold it, I have a Bonneville America that I love.. Fits perfect, its only a 800cc bike but will run down sportys and big tiwins all day long..

To me it dont matter what you ride,, just get your knees in the breeze ya know.

MY cruiser cost less than my busa.1/2 the performance??? How about more like 100 hp at the crank stock vs stock.

I was mainly talking about HD prices not the metrics so much.

And by performance I mean handling and braking as well as hp.

BIG differance on handling,going into a corner hard can't slam it in,it will push like a snow plow.I wiggle the front all the time coming out of corners when pushing it hard,enough to where I'm use to it :laugh:Where the busa will cruise through the same corner,much faster with no effort.Brakes are great!!!but then again anything over 85 cruisers are worthless.V-twin cruisers of anykind make great city bikes,but that's the only credit I'll give them.

No, I'm pretty sure he was impressed by the number of people without narrow little minds.

Don't worry - he obviously wasn't talking about you.:thumbsup:

+1 I'll walk that line, Johnny.

Being objective is narrowminded? :lol: That's pretty good. Hear that at an ABATE meeting?

If you can't see that HD costs more for less performance, then I see who's narrowminded here.

harley.jpg

BIG differance on handling,going into a corner hard can't slam it in,it will push like a snow plow.I wiggle the front all the time coming out of corners when pushing it hard,enough to where I'm use to it :laugh:Where the busa will cruise through the same corner,much faster with no effort.Brakes are great!!!but then again anything over 85 cruisers are worthless.V-twin cruisers of anykind make great city bikes,but that's the only credit I'll give them.

Thanks pd, this is what I was trying to say.

Yeah ... you don't like Harleys - we get it, and we got it the first time, but thanks anyway for your useful-as-ever contributions.

Yeah ... you don't like Harleys - we get it, and we got it the first time, but thanks anyway for your useful-as-ever contributions.

I'm actually indifferent about the bikes themselves, (I do tend to like the riders of them less) but the reasons I listed above is why I won't own ANOTHER one. In fact Hayabusa will be the last bike I buy.

Last edited:
I'm actually indifferent about the bikes themselves, (I do tend to like the riders of them less) but the reasons I listed above is why I won't own ANOTHER one. In fact Hayabusa will be the last bike I buy.

Well, when you put it like that you sound like less of a D/H than you did before.

To me, anything with handlebars can't be that bad. :beerchug:

lifeisgood.jpg

Fair enough. :beerchug: It just surprised me when I brought up facts that you and ace took it personally.

Didnt take offense dilligaf. everyone knows harleys are expensive and aren't the fastest or the best handling bike on the road. This thread was just started with the hopes of finding like minded people: those that like the 'Busa and those that like harley's. or the open mind to appreciate both. I respect your opinion and would fight to uphold your right to them. "Ride like the wind Bull's Eye!"

At first I was all HD from the crowd I ran with. Then I rode a sportbike and never looked back. HD's are alright but I don't give them too much thought. Up here in the DC area, most of the weekend outlaws are more worried about telling people how much they have in chrome add-ons rather than riding. I live in the land of posers.

Sad thing is I go to some local HD shows and see rows of "custom bikes". Yeah, most of the people have $30-40K in their Harley, but they all seem to look the same to me. Of course, take a HD dude to a mainly sportbike show and he's say the same thing about our sportbikes.

I've got a V-twin made by Harley that cost less than my Busa. And as far as handling goes, I've passed many Busas at The Dragon with it.

Back