Mrs.Lycan NOW wants to ride sport?

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
OK....so now after all this Busa Bash talk, and loving my 08 so much Mrs. Lycan comes up with a thought..she NOW is REALLY considering selling her 883 Sportster and riding sport with me.
clap.gif

Problem-
rock.gif
5ft Tall so I need to consider something that I can lower for her that will still do good.
OK I will also have to buy her Rear sets to minimize peg drag.

So the question remains, and here is the BIGGEST deal for me. I am, ok WAS, a devout Yamaha rider for years so I think the R6 because of the light weight etc is great choice, but I hear GSXR 600 is a better to lower, Stock seat height on the Yam is 33.6 GSXR is 31.9 so less to do to get her there.

I WANT advice from everybody, but please, no 250 or 550's in the scenario, my wife can ACTUALLY ride so she is no newbie

BTW Mrs. Lycan says hi to all and hopes to meet you all very soon at the Bash, so chime in folks this might happen sooner (sh'es on a rant here) God help us all
laugh.gif

Awesome Angel! The Gixxer may be the best bet if they are the easiest to lower. You saw Juli's bike and I need to lower it another inch. Not trying to throw a wrench in anything, but how low are the buells? I am so excited for you!
beerchug.gif

This is probably gonna be an expensive learning curve.The only thing a harley and a sport bike have in common is that they both have 2 wheels.If its a must do situation,I would start with a used 600 or 650 of some sort to see if she can handle the aggressive riding position and the throttle response of todays inline 4 cylinders.

See if you can have the seat worked. You are much better off taking an inch out of the seat than out of the suspension. Or both instead of 2 inches out of the suspension. A lot of times I see bikes lowered much more than needed using the riders short height as an excuse.

A buell will not work, My friend is 5'1" and wanted a new Buell in trade for her Blast. The Buells are all to tall and can not be lowewred. So she is now going with the Gixxer 600. Hope this helps. Just went through this about 4 months ago.

Consider the Triumph 675 line of bikes. The 675 Street triple has a 31.6 inch seat height, also has a more upright riding position. If a full fairing is a must, the Daytona 675 is an alternative. They reviews of these bikes have been very good. The triple has more torque that he japenese fours, in fact cycle world did a comparison of the Triumph against the Gsxr 750. It did very well. The Street Triple retails for 7,999. Just thought I would throw that out there, maybe your partial to Jap bikes if so I would go for the Zuk.

My wife, little taller (5'3), has a gixxer 600 and its lowered. It's down one inch and can go another and the only negative is the side stand keeps it up little more than I like. Going to cut and weld the side stand when we get some down time. This is her thrid season riding and second bike. the first bike was a Ninja 650r, which was a great learner but it could not be lowered without some type of custom job. Gixxer stock is at least a inch and half lower than the Ninja 650. She loves it and i enjoy the ocasional change of pace myself. Good luck with the swap!

side bonus: the gixxer is really a 599 that puts it in a lower insurance bracket.

This is probably gonna be an expensive learning curve.The only thing a harley and a sport bike have in common is that they both have 2 wheels.If its a must do situation,I would start with a used 600 or 650 of some sort to see if she can handle the aggressive riding position and the throttle response of todays inline 4 cylinders.
Umm yeah Nitrous like I said before she's not a rookie to riding the 883 has a Screaming Eagle Stage 3 in it(no slouch if you know about Harley's) the only worry is the height in this one, not a learning curve...used? After a squid wheelied the hell out of it, abused it and then I g=have to rely on MY wife to be on it? No thanks, but appreciate the advice just the same
thumb_up.gif

Awesome Angel! The Gixxer may be the best bet if they are the easiest to lower. You saw Juli's bike and I need to lower it another inch. Not trying to throw a wrench in anything, but how low are the buells? I am so excited for you!
beerchug.gif
Hey Vert! Yeah I remember Juli's bike, but the Buell IS too tall. SHe sat on my buddys Gixxer last year and she reached the ground fine according to her,of course his was slammed down which I prefer NOT to take it all the way down just as much as is necessary. Thanks bro she's kinda amped about the whole thing, I ve been trying to get her ona sport for years now good to see she's finnlly coming around
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

See if you can have the seat worked. You are much better off taking an inch out of the seat than out of the suspension. Or both instead of 2 inches out of the suspension. A lot of times I see bikes lowered much more than needed using the riders short height as an excuse.
Professor, yeah I already talked to her about having to get the seat done( I would talk to Tobin) and getting her rear sets would help the position of her legs, but trust me she really IS 5ft tall, unfortunately she gets measured by people whenever we have a party and people start calling her Frodo
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
any more advice I would be glad to hear it, sorry I didnt meet you at the bash maybe next year!?
thumb_up.gif
peace.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

I couldn't recommend a bike, but tell her to SELL THE SPORTSTER, and go SPORT. That's great that she is leaning that way, 'cuz it's a whole lot more fun (for both of you)!

My wife went from a Heritage Springer to a Hayabusa. Now the Springer is up for sale. Anybody in the market for an '03 FLSTS-I?

B.T.W. If she can handle a top-heavy Sportster, she can handle a 'Busa. Just slam it for her. My wife is 5'8" tall, so all I had to do was install a set of Soupy's adjustable links. Maybe between the links and a Tobin seat, your better half could flat-foot a 'Busa?

A buell will not work, My friend is 5'1" and wanted a new Buell in trade for her Blast. The Buells are all to tall and can not be lowewred. So she is now going with the Gixxer 600. Hope this helps. Just went through this about 4 months ago.
Yup that's kind of what I'm thinking
thumb_up.gif

I couldn't recommend a bike, but tell her to SELL THE SPORTSTER, and go SPORT. That's great that she is leaning that way, 'cuz it's a whole lot more fun (for both of you)!

My wife went from a Heritage Springer to a Hayabusa. Now the Springer is up for sale. Anybody in the market for an '03 FLSTS-I?

B.T.W. If she can handle a top-heavy Sportster, she can handle a 'Busa. Just slam it for her.  My wife is 5'8" tall, so all I had to do was install a set of Soupy's adjustable links. Maybe between the links and a Tobin seat, your better half could flat-foot a 'Busa?
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
OK maybe I should have been more specific, for her, NO 1000 and NO Busa!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
We both own Harleys but she said she would just ride on the back of mine (Roadking) she says she's ready to take on sport riding
super.gif
and MY sentiments exactly, she can handle the top heavy sportster like a charm so this will be no big deal for her

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Back