Good bye to my beloved Leticia!

If you don't mind me asking...

Did you own your 05' "outright" how many miles were on it and what did they offer you for the trade in value.

If my wrist keeps acting up I'm gonna have to go back to a cruiser or upright ride and with the weather changing it isn't a great time to sell a bike around here...

Yes, I've got a lower seat and have raised the bars, I am still having sever numbness in my right hand. 100+ miles in one sitting causes 8-10 weeks of no feeling in my palm and thumb. Doctor and EMG testing say it's not CT. I've tried shifting my weight etc... The bike may have to go.

I've been looking at M109's but the finish looks cheasy, The Yamaha Roadliner really has the quality thing nailed... It's all in the details...

(DNGrumpy @ Sep. 11 2006,08:59) If you don't mind me asking...

Did you own your 05' "outright" how many miles were on it and what did they offer you for the trade in value.

If my wrist keeps acting up I'm gonna have to go back to a cruiser or upright ride and with the weather changing it isn't a great time to sell a bike around here...

Yes, I've got a lower seat and have raised the bars, I am still having sever numbness in my right hand.  100+ miles in one sitting causes 8-10 weeks of no feeling in my palm and thumb.  Doctor and EMG testing say it's not CT.  I've tried shifting my weight etc...  The bike may have to go.

I've been looking at M109's but the finish looks cheasy, The Yamaha Roadliner really has the quality thing nailed...  It's all in the details...

Hello Grumpy, I had the title to my bike in hand and got 8K for it on the trade. The season is basically over so dealers are reluctant to take bikes as fair trades.

I feel what you say regarding the numbness. I did not have any mods to the position and in long rides I could feel it. I always dealt with it by thinking it was a small price to pay for having that power available.
The 109 looked fine on pictures but when I sat on it, the comfort was not really there and like you say the finish is cheesy along with wayyy tooo manyyy chromed plastic parts, plus this is their first year. The K12S is not really upright, but there is more leg room and the weight on the wrists is somehow aleviated. It can still corner pretty well and has some nice pull upwards of 7K RPMs.

I had fun with my busa and I loved it but the fact that the ZX14 is around got me thinking that the price for my bike would come down a bit and with the warranty expiring soon it would get a little worse.
I sure hope Suzuki comes up with something likable and more powerful soon, if that is the case, I will be trading this one  
biggrin.gif

To all that have asked, I will be posting pics soon.

regards

jd

I have always liked the Beemers. You are always seeing people doing long trips on them so they must be super comfy. I had always said that if I added a second bike to my garage, it would be a BMW. Bike one is a Harley. So when it came time to add bike two, it had to be a BUSA instead. Perhaps bike three will be a Beemer? Congrats and keep us posted on it.

I had an 02' Bandit 1200 3 bikes ago and loved the riding position. A Warrio after that and it was OK, the Busa has given me trouble any day over 100 miles... Gotta figure it out soon. I love the bike but this sux...

My wrist use to hurt too , its just a thing about sportbike that takes a while to get use to . The problem went away for me but some bar risers will help a lot .

Hey, you're on two wheels, so it's all good. Can't wait to see some pics, and hear about how she rides. Congrats!

The K12s is a nice bike, but for me something is just not right. Me  
SHOCKED.gif
, I like the 1200 RS series in the BMW line. Just not enough to buy one  
beerchug.gif
. But Beemers are good bikes and just like pets and bikes, they do relate to their owners personalities
brave.gif

DnGrumpy have you looked at the FJR1300 or the new K1200GT? Those are both fast bikes with real roomy ergos. A bit of a departure from the busa for sure but if you want the steam and the sit up and beg riding position these are about as good as it gets.

Helo, here is my try at posting these pictures. These are pics of my new ride. Please forgive the quality as I used a video camera to capture these.
BTW, these are large pictures so it will take a while to download (dial-up beware!)

regards,

jim

IMGA0141.JPG

IMGA0145.JPG

IMGA0149.JPG

IMGA0148.JPG

IMGA0144.JPG

IMGA0143.JPG

IMGA0138.JPG

(Warputer @ Sep. 16 2006,07:28) Nothing but red X's .
I have loaded them from different computers and show up fine. They are probably too large for some to display. I will have to check it out.
They are in my user gallery at jdevarie in this forum.

jd

(jdevarie @ Sep. 16 2006,10:23) Helo, here is my try at posting these pictures. These are pics of my new ride. Please forgive the quality as I used a video camera to capture these.
BTW, these are large pictures so it will take a while to download (dial-up beware!)

regards,

jim

IMGA0141.JPG

IMGA0145.JPG

IMGA0149.JPG

IMGA0148.JPG

IMGA0144.JPG

IMGA0143.JPG

IMGA0138.JPG
This is the message that displays when you try to view your pics

"The action you attempted is not permitted"

Try again.

Simple way to do it: open each pic in Paint, reduce (i.e., "stretch") them to a smaller physical size, save them as JPEGs, then upload. That should work.

(jdevarie @ Sep. 10 2006,16:59)
(COS @ Sep. 10 2006,16:54) I DONT THINK ANYONE WILL FLAME YOU   THE BUSA IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
Very funny boy

Welcome to the forum, neither is the K12s for anyone  LOL
very funny "boy"

"welcome to the forum"

he's been a member here more than two years longer than you
rock.gif

(jdevarie @ Sep. 11 2006,15:01) I sure hope Suzuki comes up with something likable and more powerful soon, if that is the case, I will be trading this one  
biggrin.gif

regards

jd
Your hoping Suzuki comes up with something "more powerful"....but you buy the BMW which is LESS powerful
rock.gif

The 12S is a great bike...but it is BMW's version of a sport bike.

I have ridden 3 different 1200S's...there are some things that I like better than the Busa, but it is NOT a Busa...or "Busa Killer"

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 16 2006,12:08)
(jdevarie @ Sep. 11 2006,15:01) I sure hope Suzuki comes up with something likable and more powerful soon, if that is the case, I will be trading this one  
biggrin.gif

regards

jd
Your hoping Suzuki comes up with something "more powerful"....but you buy the BMW which is LESS powerful
rock.gif

The 12S is a great bike...but it is BMW's version of a sport bike.

I have ridden 3 different 1200S's...there are some things that I like better than the Busa, but it is NOT a Busa...or "Busa Killer"
I do wish they come with something more powerful and I meant comparing it to the zx14. The BMW is a compromise in power but it gains somewhere else and I am sure will hold its value a little longer than the hayabusa would if suzuki were to produce something else. That was all my point. I was also looking for a little more comfort in the mean time.

jd

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 16 2006,11:55)
(jdevarie @ Sep. 10 2006,16:59)
(COS @ Sep. 10 2006,16:54) I DONT THINK ANYONE WILL FLAME YOU   THE BUSA IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
Very funny boy

Welcome to the forum, neither is the K12s for anyone  LOL
very funny "boy"

"welcome to the forum"

he's been a member here more than two years longer than you
rock.gif
I sensed some sarcasm with his comment and the all caps thingy. He obviously did not read the whole post.

jd

(05 Busa LE @ Sep. 16 2006,08:45) Simple way to do it: open each pic in Paint, reduce (i.e., "stretch") them to a smaller physical size, save them as JPEGs, then upload. That should work.
Will fix later today. Macs are a little funny to work with
biggrin.gif

Back