Bye Bye Busa...

I hope you got the quick shifter option.... that bike is absolutely kicka$$. The sound it makes with a full twist using the quick shifter is just plain sick.

Congrats on a killer ride man.

Not a big BMW fan when it comes to bikes, but after seeing your pic and watching some youtube vids......thats a sick bike traitor...i mean bro:poke::laugh:

but seriously Congrats.... :thumbsup: .... impressive scoot !!!!

Should do like I did, Keep the Busa and just add the S1000RR, I have the 2010 version of yours. Love the motosport colors

I think I'm gonna be sick ... with envy! :thumbsup:

Like others, I'm not a big fan of the styling, but the power and electronics are amazing!!

Congrats! You only have to stay under 5k for the first 600 miles.
The first 185 miles are 4k and under. The next 185 miles are 7k and under. The remaining miles up to the 1st service (600 miles) are electronically governed at 9k. At the service, they remove the limiter and you can spin it up to redline.
The limiter is in place @ 9k. They just asked me to use the "Andy limiter" while following this schedule BMW recommends for a proper break in.

Should do like I did, Keep the Busa and just add the S1000RR, I have the 2010 version of yours. Love the motosport colors

+1 I did the same thing. I got the 2010 Thunder Grey.

I just finished putting a Bike Monkey integrated tail light in and made new license plate mounts to clean up the back.

The first 185 miles are 4k and under. The next 185 miles are 7k and under. The remaining miles up to the 1st service (600 miles) are electronically governed at 9k. At the service, they remove the limiter and you can spin it up to redline.
The limiter is in place @ 9k. They just asked me to use the "Andy limiter" while following this schedule BMW recommends for a proper break in.

Wow, I knew after the first few came out that there was a limiter put on that was removed at the 600mile service.
I had no idea it went up in rpms with mileage though. Sounds like a p.i.t.a, but kinda cool too.

It's funny how this bike has gotten so much time on this forum when it has so little in common with the busa. It's a not very pretty, uncomfortable, track weapon. It goes like a bat out of hell and for that I give it huge credit until the next superbike contender takes its crown.

....and yes, I would like to have one in my garage.:laugh:

Back