Bye Bye Busa...

I traded in my 2006 Busa and picked up my 2012 S1000RR team color bike today from Lone Star BMW in Austin. I have to keep it under 5k so I have no idea how it compares to the 2006 Busa in terms of acceleration in broad terms, but I will say having goosed it a few times in the mid range, it seems every bit as strong at least.
The brakes are amazing as is the styling. I'm quite pleased

Here's a cell phone shot of it

bmw 600.jpg

Oh, I hate you so....

btw, what did you end up having to pay for it?

Too many nooks and crannys to clean for my taste!

But congrats on the new scoot! Does look like a lot of fun!

Looks great.

Hope you got a good deal, BMW dealers will deal, just gotta shop around.

Love the color:thumbsup:

Taylors S1000 left my gen II like it was standing still, from any speed. Period. That bike is nasty

Congrats! You only have to stay under 5k for the first 600 miles.

On my 2010 it had a rev limiter of 9,000 rpm, then at 600 mile service it came off, did they change this?

You my friend just bought a busa killer... that bike is sick in both performance and in engineering excellence. They are the most amazing stock bike ive ever been on. Only downside to that bike has is most of the service has to be done at a dealership (im a bmw certified motorcycle mechanic).

That thing is fast, i know cause i rode one few days ago. Congratulations.:thumbsup: But that shape has too many cuts and asymetrical design cues for my liking. Rip her and let us know what difference you feel.

Compared to the Busa it's tiny. Like riding a 600. The Busa is a couch. Revs are way higher too. Buddy who lent me his kept trying me to work out the quick shifter. That I couldn't get used to. Two guys I know that've bought 'em just love the bike. :thumbsup:

Back