Bye Bye Busa...

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beer holder. I'll simply say, to me anyway, no picture or video has done this bike justice. When it's in person, esp the 2012, it's striking looking. The headlights initially were a turn off for me, but they grew on me. It looks like an angry wasp. I've gotten tons of compliments on it. I always say thanks, but in my mind I wonder why I'm thanking them... I didn't design or build it... I just bought it. :laugh:

Hey, different strokes for different folks right? I have seen it in person many times and I have been on one and it just isn't attractive to me but as long as you like it then thats the important thing.:whistle:

I traded in my 2006 Busa and picked up my 2012 S1000RR team color bike today from Lone Star BMW in Austin. I have to keep it under 5k so I have no idea how it compares to the 2006 Busa in terms of acceleration in broad terms, but I will say having goosed it a few times in the mid range, it seems every bit as strong at least.
The brakes are amazing as is the styling. I'm quite pleased

Here's a cell phone shot of it

You will love it! Should have got the black one though, just my opinion.

T.

I traded in my 2006 Busa and picked up my 2012 S1000RR team color bike today from Lone Star BMW in Austin. I have to keep it under 5k so I have no idea how it compares to the 2006 Busa in terms of acceleration in broad terms, but I will say having goosed it a few times in the mid range, it seems every bit as strong at least.
The brakes are amazing as is the styling. I'm quite pleased

Here's a cell phone shot of it

It means, you no longer rank amongst the famous. :laugh:

Jennifer_Lopez_on_Silver_Hayabusa.jpg

The black was the dealer demo. I saw it and in person, it looked like an R1, gsxr, ninja cookie cutter to me. Yeah, it's different, but not so much that I was excited.

Here's the update...

The mild discomfort is in the neck and wrists, but I'm acclimating nicely. It's just a matter of getting used to this type of bike again. I put another 53 miles on today and I love this bike more and more with every mile.

Now that I passed 186 miles, I'm able to rev up to 7k rpm. All I can say is WOW!!!!! This bike is ridiculously fast and strong. The Busa was a beast, but this is in another category... stay tuned.

Yeap, the s1000rr's are stupid fast. I would love to have one if I could afford more than one bike. Would not want it as an only bike though - does not look like it would be fun to tour on. At least not for my sore old body.

Yeap, the s1000rr's are stupid fast. I would love to have one if I could afford more than one bike. Would not want it as an only bike though - does not look like it would be fun to tour on. At least not for my sore old body.

I can't imagine touring on one.

The difference is, to me, the Busa is a couch with a jet engine under it. This thing is a straight up race bike. They have instructions on how to remove mirrors, blinkers, rear pegs, etc etc in the owners' manual. Everything is easy on easy off for the track.

That said, it's fun as hell, but touring on it? Not for me.

...and with that ladies and gentleman of the Busa world, I bid you a fond farewell. I'm checking out of the org. Thanks for the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and informative content. This is truly a superior forum.

Have a great season everybody

Take care and I'll catch you on the S1000RR forum (screen name DDT) :beerchug:

Ive had the honor of riding one, and man is that bike amazing. I was able to grip it and rip it and every gear was amazing. Breaking is amazing as well. The bike handled so well. Handling of a small bike, power of a big bike, cant go wrong with that. Im thinking about buying one to, but I still wont let my Busa go.

Back