Good bye to my beloved Leticia!

jdevarie

Donating Member
Registered
Well, the other day I decided to trade my busa for something newer and more comfortable while I wait for Suzuki to do its thing so that I have a fairly valuable trade when the time comes. I had decided on the M109R and went to a dealership that sells jap bikes and BMWs. I had seen the 1200r in a magazine and went into the BMW side to inquire about it. They did not have any in stock but they had the 1200s. I asked about it and even got on it. The comfort level is great when compared to my busa. I even went outside to my busa to really compare. The salesman asked me if I wanted to take it for a test ride, Of course I did not say no, so off I went and was hooked. There is something weird about the way it turns, it is just not natural for a bike. The brakes are just awesome and the ABS is not as bad as I had tought. When I got back to the dealership, the salesguy saw my face and he knew I was hooked. However, I still asked to see the M109r, I sat on it and there is something still weird on that bike regarding the location of the foot pegs and how the rear brake ends on them. It is pretty much 2/3 the width of the foot peg so the right foot ends up in an awkward position.

Then I started thinking, should I leave the sportsbike world behind and go into the cruiser bike realm? or Should I justs continue to have fast fun (although not as exhilarating as with the busa) while I wait for Suzuki's new beast?

Well, I traded my busa for the k12s. Sorry to see Leticia leave but, such is life
laugh.gif

I will keep lurching around here (if allowed) and keep up with any new information. This group is great and has tons of information and help, I wish there was a similar group for the BMW but the one that exists is wayyyy toooo worldish
tounge.gif

Anyways, take care and be good, I will be around and thank you very much for all the help during this time.
I have a couple of things that I will be putting up for sale here to watch for them.

regards

jd

I've considered it, but I haven't really looked into it yet. Not really feeling any of the colors.

I figure it's a nice looking bike, great chassis and it should hold it's value well while aging gracefully.

Good Choice.

Thanks for the message. I will stay around and for sure keep updates. This thing is nice, it takes time to get used to but seems solid. Not as abrubt as the busa since I feel acceleration is wayyy tooo smooth and combine that with the almost non existent exhaust sound and you think you are riding a scooter.

Lots of plastic on the bike and the fuel tank seems to be down low so it behaves well in the twists although I sometimes feel some kind of weirdness on right hand turns but I am thinking it may have to do with the driveshaft/one sided swingarm combo.

I will stay in touch.

jd

(COS @ Sep. 10 2006,16:54) I DONT THINK ANYONE WILL FLAME YOU   THE BUSA IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
Very funny boy

Welcome to the forum, neither is the K12s for anyone LOL

I love sitting on different bikes. The 109R...looks like a sea of gas tank in front of you. We don't have a BMW dealer here
sad.gif

m109 is HEAVY! I sat on one couple of weeks ago at the dealer. I'm a little guy though too and to think that bike on the show room was dry, no fluids...

I feel ya im going through this also> Im loving track days so ive been looking at a GSXR750 for my track and street bike. Im trying to keep both but it aint easy with a family.

Enjoy the Bimmer world. Those are by far the best road bikes made period. I worked at a BMW car dealer that was also a bike dealer and fell in love with those bikes. I never saw newer ones in for service, just old ones. Kind of tells you something.... Good luck with that great bike!

MAN, talk about mind reading! I,ve been lookn at the M109, but keepn the busa for sure. Girlfreid rides a cruiser, and we TRADE out bike,s on the 200 miles plus ride, and I must admit, ONLY to the BOARD,(not thr GF), the cruiser is comfy for sure. Plus, watchn her shet eatn grin at red lights on the Busa is PRICELESS.

Pics!!! Good choice BTW.

It's hard to part with a wonderful bike!!! A legend. If I had it my way, I'd keep my Busa AND MY GIXX!! But the track is now my first love and finances can only afford one bike.

Someday I'll get me another Busa, or possibly that K12 if you keep posting some good things about it. Stick around and give us a ride report soon.

I love the look of the BMW. Was strongly considering getting one. Problem is, price was a little too steep for me right now. Good luck!

Be carefull on that "S" they are very touchy in the low speed cornering department!

Back