Finally broke 190 ------------looking to brake 186!!!

congrats! now admit it.........you already have your sights at 180, huh? :thumbsup: do I hear 175? :cheerleader:
P.S. I tipped the scales @ almost 230 (38-inch waist, I am 5'10") before I left for IRAQ. I came home with a 32-in waist on a 185 frame. Been over a year now and proud to say that the excess baggage is still OFF!

Thanks everyone!

congrats! now admit it.........you already have your sights at 180, huh? :thumbsup: do I hear 175? :cheerleader:
P.S. I tipped the scales @ almost 230 (38-inch waist, I am 5'10") before I left for IRAQ. I came home with a 32-in waist on a 185 frame. Been over a year now and proud to say that the excess baggage is still OFF!

How did you know (175) I would love to be there again. When I was 18 I was just over 6' and 155lbs, I don't think I would look healthy at that weight now.:laugh:
Good job :cheerleader: :banana: :cheerleader:

... so what's your secret? :poke:

Okay, I have tried a few diets this year including:
THE TASTE GOOD DIET – If it tastes good, SPIT IT OUT!
This would have worked if I could have got that second part right. :laugh:

Then there was the ROAD RASH DIET – Eat enough asphalt and the pounds just come right off!
This one cost me a bike and two and a half months off the Bus.

But the one that is currently working for me is what I have dubbed – THE NO WHITE DIET.
I don’t remember where, but I briefly heard about it in passing many years ago and never tried or gave it a thought until I got sick and did not like the things that had been eating, I won’t go into the details of this.

Here is how I worked it.

I eliminated (not replaced) about half of all things white in my diet at first and then added to the list.

Take 10 items on your weekly diet that are white or consist of white ingredients and eliminate 5 or so for a week or more. Then when you adjust to that, do it with a few more and so on and so on.

What I like is not counting calories or extreme portion control, in fact, I try to eat a little more often, but reducing the intake amount of each snack or meals.

I also allow myself a little freedom on the weekend if I have been good during the week.

Here is just a little list of the white stuff I try to avoid, you will certainly find more and different ones in your diet I am sure.

Sugars
Salts
Mayo
Bread (I will only eat sourdough every now and then)
Milk
Cheeses (except dry cheese such as Romano or other “topping†types)
Creamy soups
French Fries (If I can do it, so can you)
Pastas (Cheese Ravioli was a weakness and usually coupled with an Alfredo sauce)
Potato chips
Tortilla chips (This is the hardest of all and I still eat them, I can’t stop the chips and salsa habit completely)

Anyway, I think you get the idea, and it really becomes easier as you adapt and practice looking at white things a little closer.
Just my opinion and 2ct for you to digest (groan).
Bubba

Congrats Bubba! I know my weight definitely affects the way I ride. Like you said, it is much easier to slide off and on the bike for curves when I don't have as much to move. You're going to love the results! ;;4
Posted via Mobile Device

Back