broke up with my girlfriend tonight :(

Thrasher! HATS OFF TO YOU for bringing that into the public eye. I always called that the parts women are unable to identify nor admit to themselves... and they don't have to anyway. VERY GOOD STUFF! Everyone should read that male and female. You left out the part about roles getting reversed and causing even MORE confusion, that's to the 60's and women's lib stuff, but you covered so much, so well, I can see why! Good job man! I'm seeing a Doctor Philesque book in your near future.
biggrin.gif

IF WE WOULD JUST BE REAL MEN, EVERYTHING ELSE WOULD SYNC UP.
Yep, pretty mch a true statement.

If men knew how to be men and NOT be abusive and be supportive without rolling over like a dog, things would be a lot easier for women and like you said, things in the world would probably swing into sync a little better than it is now.

Scoot, look at the bright side-no freakin child support or alimony! I'll bet there are some people here with some REAL horror stories.There's plenty of mooni out there pethemoo.
Like my Greek?

Bro I'm not going to talk your head off. I emphasize with your situation. Take this time to reflect on anything you could have done better in the relationship. Sometimes by doing this we my expose some flaws in ourselves that will make us better boyfriends/husbands/lovers & fathers. In the meantime if she returns you know what mistakes not to make again (because bro we all make mistakes including her) and if she doesn't return use the info for your next. Be encouraged bro and don't use the booze as a coping mechanism...it could lead to something much more serious.

God bless bro and remember TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST ALWAYS!!!

BD

Wish I'd had the pic below when this thread was first posted. This is my favorite reply when the whiners at work are havin' a bitchin' session.
biggrin.gif

boohoo2_vi.jpg

I think a lot of people here are making it too freaking complicated. It's this simple... the girl who is right for you will work her ass off to make you happy. Likewise, you will want to do the same for her. Life is too hard over the long run to worry about if you're pleasing your mate. Save yourself some a lot of heartache, nights fighting, lengthy discussions, and keep your eye out for a girl who thinks you walk on water. In the meantime, Do Not Get Distracted From Your Studies! This is just a short blip in time. Your studies will affect the rest of your life. Believe me, no matter how sizzling hot your girl was, there's another shortly down the line. One that thinks you're the cat's meow.

Sweet eyeglass hell, Thrash! Dude...I tried to read all of the post, but I just couldn't do it. That is one DAYUM long explanation....
laugh.gif

Scooterlord....I agree with sledhead.
biggrin.gif
No, really...j/k. I agree with Rev and some of the other guys. I can see where you're coming from, because I have the sme tendency to let the women decide. (Hey...you keep momma happy and EVERYONE'S HAPPY). I think the both of you are just in a certain stage in oyur lives where you both still need to find your own niche...which is not a bad thing.

Perhaps it may seem hard to comprehend now, but everything happens for one reason or another...fugged up or real feel-good. I know, I know, so cliche, but it does tend to be true. I've heard the saying "Everything is clearer in retrospect"...and I agree with it whole-heartedly. Later on down the line you'll look back on this and you'll come to understand more about it than you do now...and you'll come to appreciate it so much more.

With regards to what to do...Man the fug up and get yer ass out there as soon as you're done with pitying yourself. I say that because you're never really gonna start to get over this until you decide for yourself to do it....for yourself. Ever hear the saying "you can lead a horse to the water, but you can never make it drink"? That's exactly my point...you can hear all the good advice that you can possibly hear, either here or elsewhere, or you can have your counselor talk till he's blue in the face, but until YOU decide for yourself to actually DO something about it, NOTHING will ever happen.

YOU hold the key to your life...you make the decisions that will affect both you and those you love. You will also determine for yourself how you handle your hardships in life....how you cope with them and how you rise above them.

Remember: "A man is not judged by how many times he has fallen, but by how he risen from each fall."

I know it's easier said than done...trust me, I've been there before. You have to let yourself hurt for a little while...and you also need to pick yourself back up. Doing both will make you more appreciative of the trials you face...and they will also help you to learn from them.

Keep yer fuggin chin up...in time, more will be revealed to you about this trial in your life, and trust me: it's an awesome feeling to be able to look back with a clear mind that appreciates what happened in the past while looking forward to the future.

I don't know if I made any sense, but hey...at least I tried!
wink.gif
Keep yer chin up, bro...

Thrash,

I have a short attention span, it took me about 3 visits to this thread to read that whole thing. Once I got down toward the bottom, I figured you must be listening to Dr. Laura or something. That is so much more information than I need. Whoa!
wow.gif
rock.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thrash,

I have a short attention span, it took me about 3 visits to this thread to read that whole thing. Once I got down toward the bottom, I figured you must be listening to Dr. Laura or something. That is so much more information than I need. Whoa!
wow.gif
rock.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah yeah.. I know....

Nope dont listen to Dr. Laura.. Pretty much dont listen to anyone except for the same sources you listen to.

First off. no one has to read it. Second, all anyome has to do is print it out, think of it as a book asssignment and spend the next 2 weeks reading it over morning coffee
smile.gif

I would delete it from the flack I have been getting but I have had my chops busted for deleting posts I have made in the past.

So what am I to do
face7.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thrash,

wow.gif

rock.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah yeah.. I know....

Nope dont listen to Dr. Laura.. Pretty much dont listen to anyone except for the same sources you listen to.

First off. no one has to read it. Second, all anyome has to do is print it out, think of it as a book asssignment and spend the next 2 weeks reading it over morning coffee
smile.gif

I would delete it from the flack I have been getting but I have had my chops busted for deleting posts I have made in the past.

So what am I to do  
face7.gif

biggrin.gif
Oh, I'm not giving you any flack, I'm not making any judgements at all, It is true though I did really have to come back and read it.

I read part of it, the other day then went on to something else. I was reading today and saw all the references to it and decided to go back and read the whole thing. I got more information that I bargained for, but I read it, can't blame anyone but me.

face7.gif

biggrin.gif

face7.gif

Thrasher,
I was led here by your "did someone delete my thread?" thread.

I thought I was a long winded mo fo but you have even myself beat.

Summery: Girls have "Nice guy finishes last syndrome.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure..
wow.gif

YEAH!! I still hold the record for the longest post!!!

Is there like a gold medal or something I can get?!!!

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093891659 -->

Back