Michelin Pilots 190/50 are here

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Michelin Pilot 190/50/17's are finally available in the US, there are three differant tires available

Pilot Race 190/50/17 120/70/17
Pilot Race soft 190/50/17 120/70/17
Pilot Sport 190/50/17 120/70/17

Pilot Sport $142 front and $214 rear.

These tires were slated to be released late 99 and early 2000. They are in the US now.

But they are here now to be had from Cycle Gear, ask for Steve at 1-888-312-9253

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 29 September 1999).]

Hey now, that's good news.
Will have my usual tire shop order a set of the Pilot Sports for me straightaway.
Hadn't inquired yet as I had read somewhere that the 190 rear would only become available late this year.

Animal I ordered a set today, the product was confirmed and will arrive monday. I have read the same info as you, delivery to be late fall or early 2000.

If you don't believe me call them, it's toll free. Tell them you read it here at the site.

that's some BIG news!

this should be the street tire
to have!

if you want a tire that
will out hook all the rest,
then it would be a good ideal
to make a call on this one!

knowing how all the other
tires that were good sold
when they first came out,
you may have availablity
problems if you don't get
something going pretty quick...

Out perform all the rest... for what type of riding? Street, strip, track....would be interested in what you might think.

For the most part you won't find a stickier tire than a Dunlop 207 (335/501), well I guess you might consider the new "star" tire
(207 replacement).

KawAbuser, will you let us know your impressions of the Pilot Sport and tell us the comparison material you've had on your Busa before it?
Would be much obliged. 8-)

Jeff...have you run the Dunlops?? I wrote to Dunlop to see if the 207s would be okay for the Hayabusa, and the wrote back and said that they didn't recommend fitment for it...I'd like to know someone who ran them and had good luck.

Jim p, does his price include shipping?

Where is he located?

Frank these guys at cycle gear can sell you the 190/50/17 race tires as well as the sports.

Michelin recommends the sport version for street use because it has a better rain groove and a longer lasting compound.

On my second rear 207 - 190. No problems at all. very good grip. Did not go with the GP due to mileage restrictions (won't last very long).

I have run a 180 207 335 compound, but not the 501 compound. The new "star" 207 replacement sould be out soon.

Hopefully I don't look like too much of an idiot here . . . but I take it the Pilot Sport would be the one best suited for general trafficking along our nation's highways?

Is the 190 actually 190, or 198 like the Bridgestone?

I take it from the general posts that Michelin and Dunlop typically get good reviews from people, and the Bridgestone is sort of a second rate tire?

I'm just trying to get things squared away so I know what to nab when I get the next rear tire. :)

Back