DC Metro Riders - General Thread for DC, MD, VA, DE, PA

I may have to swing by your way to see you 1985 Suzook. I really miss my 1985 GS700E. Still one of my favorite bikes, not as nimble as your 550, but prettier. I keep scanning Craigs List. One of these days I'm gonna find a decent one for under $1500 and buy it. The good ones I see reasonably priced are always gone by the time I find them.

Yeah, they seem to be in either great shape or in need of serious TLC. Mine, ironically, is in what I would consider Good condition - fully funtional/running, but not perfect in appearance. I also need new tires on it in the worst way.

If you're really lookin' for a classic GS, be sure to check out The GSResource Forums - Powered by vBulletin. You'll find plenty for sale, plus, many of the members will post up specimens they find for sale in various sources (mostly ebay and craigslist) around the country.

I just wanted to let all my local Busa riders know that Coleman PowerSports is having a Suzuki Fest on the 25th of April. There's going to be a BIKINI CONTEST, BIKINI bike wash, and Dyno shootout. They are also going to be having specials on all bikes in stock as well as some specials in the service dept. plus Accessories Blowouts all day.

It starts from 10am to Midnight on the 25 of April and the address is
14105 Telegraph RD Woodbridge Va 22192

Last edited:
I just wanted to let all my local Busa riders know that Coleman PowerSports is having a Suzuki Fest on the 25th of April. There's going to be a BIKINI CONTEST, BIKINI bike wash, and Dyno shootout. They are also going to be having specials on all bikes in stock as well as some specials in the service dept. plus Accessories Blowouts all day.

Their Fredricksburg, va store it having the same + show on the same day.

Thanks for keeping us informed. :thumbsup:

FYI: When I was ready to buy my Hayabusa last Fall, I went to Coleman in Falls Church b/c they sent me an email ad for all in-stock Hayabusa's for $9,999. Got there and they didn't know what I was talkin' about. Had to find their ad for them and then they worked with me on the price. Weren't willing to work any further than that. The only O/B they had left was on the showroom floor, so I put a small deposit down to hold the bike. Just before I left the showroom, I noticed that in a lot of the "crevices" of the bike there was a weird reddish-orange powdery substance. Asked them about it and they said "Ahhh, probably just some dust from the setup area." In other words, they didn't know. Long story short, I canceled the sale a few days later when Cycle Sport of Alexandria gave me a much better deal OTD on a bike that didn't need a "crevice cleaning". Not the worst experience, but it did feel like a "big" dealership that wasn't particularly worried about competing for business. I found better deals at three other dealers in withing 25 miles.

On thing that I do like about them is their in-stock gear selection. Best one I've seen in the area.

Thanks for keeping us informed. :thumbsup:

FYI: When I was ready to buy my Hayabusa last Fall, I went to Coleman in Falls Church b/c they sent me an email ad for all in-stock Hayabusa's for $9,999. Got there and they didn't know what I was talkin' about. Had to find their ad for them and then they worked with me on the price. Weren't willing to work any further than that. The only O/B they had left was on the showroom floor, so I put a small deposit down to hold the bike. Just before I left the showroom, I noticed that in a lot of the "crevices" of the bike there was a weird reddish-orange powdery substance. Asked them about it and they said "Ahhh, probably just some dust from the setup area." In other words, they didn't know. Long story short, I canceled the sale a few days later when Cycle Sport of Alexandria gave me a much better deal OTD on a bike that didn't need a "crevice cleaning". Not the worst experience, but it did feel like a "big" dealership that wasn't particularly worried about competing for business. I found better deals at three other dealers in withing 25 miles.

On thing that I do like about them is their in-stock gear selection. Best one I've seen in the area.

I feel you on the in stock gear selection. Cycle sport is where I bought my first bike(01 yamaha v-star) cause at the time I stayed not even a mile away from there. They're selection sucks. I didn't buy my Busa from coleman. I went all the way to West Va because it was a thousand dollars cheaper.

I feel you on the in stock gear selection. Cycle sport is where I bought my first bike(01 yamaha v-star) cause at the time I stayed not even a mile away from there. They're selection sucks. I didn't buy my Busa from coleman. I went all the way to West Va because it was a thousand dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Romney Cycles, right? I was all set to go there, but Cycle Sport was willing to work with me on the price and they didn't try to float any of the typical BS my way. Great buying experience and their a lot closer than Romney.

I feel you on the in stock gear selection. Cycle sport is where I bought my first bike(01 yamaha v-star) cause at the time I stayed not even a mile away from there. They're selection sucks. I didn't buy my Busa from coleman. I went all the way to West Va because it was a thousand dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Romney Cycles, right? I was all set to go there, but Cycle Sport was willing to work with me on the price and they didn't try to float any of the typical BS my way. Great buying experience and their a lot closer than Romney.

It wasn't Romney all though I did call them. I think I got it from Martinsville or something like that.

Think I'll have to make a trip for this one, man I miss the DMV area
:banghead:

I made a commitment to show Raptor at Extreme Powersports on the 25th. I'll be there.

P.

Info..... with color :laugh:

big_suzukifest09-4x6BACK.jpg

SO they are deff having a SHOW? Ill have to call them to see what time I need to be there:laugh:

Still don't know. I have to call Rick soon and find out. He's not big on shows or contests. He just asked me to bring my Busa there for display. Probably not a contest. I know he would like it if you put Mullet on display.

Tom.

Bike Night in Stafford, VA -- JUNE 6th, 2009

That's right! I've worked a deal with the manager of the local Burger King on Rt. 610 (Garrisonville Rd) in Stafford, VA to allow a Bike Night.

Bike Night in Stafford will be every Saturday Night from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, June - August 2009 at the Burger King located at 269 Garrisonville Rd.

Come on out! Let's show Stafford some tricked out bikes.

Postal.

Sent yall a PM I will be out riding today hit me up on the cell! Lets go! 4435063769:thumbsup::thumbsup::welcome:

Back